Do whitetail like MJ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sir_Tokie said:
Ok guys the human pee myth is just that a MYTH. Deer and every other animal in the woods will inspect a urine stain on the ground. It's in their nature to do so. Urine in the animal kingdom is used for diffrent things. Breeding, territory, storing foods. I have hunted for over 30 yrs and have studied this theory. I have went into the woods Pee'd on the ground and climbed in a tree and sat there and watched to see how many animals would come and inspect the urine stain. And every one that passed through did even the deer. The best way to keep any animal away from your plants is either use shunk urine/stink gland or fenceing. Skunks only spray the stinky stuff when danger is present and that alerts the others to stay away. And fenceing of course keeps them from reaching it. Do a test some time and put skunk urine out and see how many other animals come around. (except maybe the dogs that like to roll in the stink)...take care...

haha can i hunt with you some time. maybe you should pattern this new scent.I'm sure human piss would sell of the shelf during hunting season.if the deer in your area come to inspect human urine 1 of 2 things has happened. 1 they got to your mj before you.2 that wasn't mj you smoked that day

all animals that eat green LOVE marijuana. This includes deer, gophers, rabbits, donkeys, horses, sheep, goats, etc. This is a huge disadvantage to growing outdoors - the likelihood of actually harvesting your crop in areas with these animals is very low.

dr.pyro...sure you can come hunt with me any time you like. But *hunting* is not the subject here thats a whole diffrent game. What my point is the *Human Pee* therory that it keeps animals away. Well it does'nt. Our urine is not something that WARNS animals. It's our smells. Example, our body odor, the smell of our breath, our sweat, laundry detergants our clothes were washed in ect... Thats why they make cover scents you use to hunt with. No where have I ever seen cover scent that is to be used to cover human urine. It's not our Pee their afraid of it's us that they are afraid of. To be honest I have had more plants lost to Rabbits when the plants were young than deer. The deer never seemed to bother them until they started budding. Then thats when I would see damage done to the plant from them eating the bud sites off. Deer, Elk, Moose animals like these move in patterns, they move from food sources to water sources,and bedding areas as the seasons change. They also have territory and they do not like to be out of their established territory. So if a person had the knowledge to be able to *pattern* and *establish* the deer in the area then you could figure out *safe* places to put out plants...take care..

lol...I am lucky there was only a herd of 3 tha was in my area. Can racoons eat them also? If not ...I will let them be... but the deer asked for it as soon as i plantd a "decoy" crop they ravished it...but seriously if you just have a few deer like I did just apply the three S rule.........SHOOT SHOVEL & SHUT-UP

thnx for all the responses ppl. Sounds like I got my work cut out for me, as I'm determined to grow in this spot, and deer appear determined to habitate there. I think I'm gonna start off with the fishing line, maybe with a few hooks tied here and there for extra deterence. If that coupled with my 2 week old rank pee doesnt work, then I may graduate to spring loaded poison pungi stick traps and staked pits. Last ditch efforts may include automatic firearms and claymores.........do deer wear body armor?

Don't use fish hooks, there is a possabilty that the hook will get a in a animals eye. One way to deter deer is use a scent bomb like hunters use. Two litre bottle with guaze sticking out the top. fill bottle with piss. hang in tree at 3 ft. with 6to 8 inches of gauze sticking out. when ever the wind blows the scent is renew in area. All you have to do is refill when you attend you plants.

Friend-of-a-friend said:
thnx for all the responses ppl. Sounds like I got my work cut out for me, as I'm determined to grow in this spot, and deer appear determined to habitate there. I think I'm gonna start off with the fishing line, maybe with a few hooks tied here and there for extra deterence. If that coupled with my 2 week old rank pee doesnt work, then I may graduate to spring loaded poison pungi stick traps and staked pits. Last ditch efforts may include automatic firearms and claymores.........do deer wear body armor?

don't EVER use hooks!. BAD bad thinking. NOTHING is worth the possible repercussions.
You're not only risking an innocent "someones" vision and welfare, but I can just imagine my grandson walking accidently into one of those traps.
You would most definately "meet" me, and you wouldn't like me..;)
I don't want it to sound like a "threat", but the least of your worries would be a crop of mj or deer.
I can't imagine 'anyone' stumbling into a mess like that, not looking for retribution of some form. If you were lucky they would call the pOlice on you... IMO
Put up fencing, use natural vegetation as camo', use the various deterrants, (Liquid fence" is a pretty good one ..IME) But don't run the risk of doing bodily harm to anyone. You woul;dn't want to wake up every morning knowing you were responsible for actually injuring an innocent person.

I totaly agree with Hick. The goal should be to "deter" the deer not harm them or anyone else. You would be better off sacrificing your crop than taking the chance of harming someone. Bad charma. Additionaly, if you hurt a person you can count on the fact that whomever got hurt would be out for revenge.

Yes urinate around your crops (not on the PH is bad for them). I suggest urinating as high up on the trees surrounding your plants (3 - 4 ft) the smell will stay there longer than if you pissed on the ground and let it absorb into the soil.

Also the biggest help is garlic. Get some cloves of garlic break them in half (no smaller though) and throw them in a fairly large radius around your grow area. Garlic keeps almost all animals away.

"Also the biggest help is garlic. Get some cloves of garlic break them in half (no smaller though) and throw them in a fairly large radius around your grow area. Garlic keeps almost all animals away.[/quote]"

And Vampires as well.......:rolleyes:

I had a black bear digging up my freshly ammended holes once. I buried babyfood jars with holes punched in the lid, containing a cottonball soaked in an ammonia cleaning product.
It worked!..:)

Hick said:
I had a black bear digging up my freshly ammended holes once. I buried babyfood jars with holes punched in the lid, containing a cottonball soaked in an ammonia cleaning product.
It worked!..:)

This sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna' try this in my vegetable garden. :)

Latest posts

Back