Do you think I can?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draston

Reaction score
Do you think I can get at least 4 oz off each plant in my closet with cfl's and floros?

I have 6 plants sitting in my small small closet (about a foot and a half deep, maybe less, and a little wider than a shop light) and I have 2 shop lights with 4 1900 lumen bulbs in them and then on the ends of each of the shop lights I have 2 warm cfl's that are at 2700 lumens each.

Do you think using miracle grow, moister control soil and babying them I can expect 4 0z off of my females? I also have superthrive I plan to use after my babbies are a month old (they are a little over 2 weeks now).

Just my opinion but I think you will need a lot more light to get that much from each plant.

id say dont be me & save seeds until you know how to grow lol

kasgrow said:
Just my opinion but I think you will need a lot more light to get that much from each plant.

Once they get a bit bigger I plan on taking out the 1900 lumen bulbs (4 bulbs at 1900 lumens each = 7600 lumens) and replacing them with 3200 lumen bulbs (3200 lumen x 4 = 12800 lumens) think thats enough + the cfl's at 2700 luemns each for 18200 lumens.

More, more, more. You want a QP out of each six plants cramed in a 1'x4' closet and only 18000 lumens? I think that that is wishfull thinking. Do a grow journal to see how it works out. Happy growing.

Crazy Horse said:
More, more, more. You want a QP out of each six plants cramed in a 1'x4' closet and only 18000 lumens? I think that that is wishfull thinking. Do a grow journal to see how it works out. Happy growing.

I do have a grow journal, its 3 pages long now :p

OOPS! Sorry. Will check it out to see how it is going. You might be disapointed with the floros. I know people have successfully flowered with them with good results, but nothing in comparison to HID's.

I just skimmed through your journal, and I don't have to tell you that mj needs alot of light to grow. I would say you would be lucky to get a QP off of them 6 plants with floros imo. Your soil looks a little sketchy too. I didn't reaaly notice what kind of soil and nutes you are using. Once the two lowest leaves turn yellow (the round leaves that first show when sprouted), that is a good sign to give them a low dose of nutes.

oh no, if you read that burning on the two lower leaves was not because of nutes. Well partly but I transplanted that one and accidentally broke its main tap root and I heard it snap when I did it and I was like oh crap. I finished transplanting it and gave it a good drink and then the two lower and top leaves wilted and then it picked the top ones back up and the bottom ones half way. I proped them up with sticks that were in the soil for a day to try and help but it turned yellow and shriveled up so it died. I touched the yellow part and it flaked off so I just took scissors and cut the yellow stuff off to make it look cleaner.

the soil is also miracle grow: moister control.

so of my plants small leaves have just a spec of yellow at the end of the leaf, not even almost visible unless I pointed it out. I think i'm going to get a soil ph tester tommorrow at wal mart and test it out and see if I need to raise or lower it.

No ph tester! Draston you are killing me lol! I think most people stay away from the miracle grow soil with the nutes in it (I assume it has nutes already in it right?). I know some people have goodluck with it like TBG, but most have problems like you are having. Do you have any perlite or vermiculite in there? And the yellowing you are getting I assume is from the nutes. The yellowing I am talking about is that they are running out of food, mostly N. The whole leaf turns light yellow (like you see in fall on normal trees), and not just the tip, that is usually nute burn. And if your ph is off, that will cause alot of problems as well. Does this make any sense? I am still pretty new at this to so bare with me lol.

Draston said:
Do you think I can get at least 4 oz off each plant in my closet with cfl's and floros?

I have 6 plants sitting in my small small closet (about a foot and a half deep, maybe less, and a little wider than a shop light) and I have 2 shop lights with 4 1900 lumen bulbs in them and then on the ends of each of the shop lights I have 2 warm cfl's that are at 2700 lumens each.

Do you think using miracle grow, moister control soil and babying them I can expect 4 0z off of my females? I also have superthrive I plan to use after my babbies are a month old (they are a little over 2 weeks now).

Good luck and keep practicing till you get your growing dialed in. Forget the 4 OZ per plant on your firstgrow with bagseed, miracle grow and floros. I have to use good genetics, goods ferts, the best soil (Blackgold) and a 1000 W HPS to get 4 OZ per plant. Get some grows under your belt, use better soil and buy some real lights if you even want to get close to that 4 OZ per plant. Sorry but you'll be lucky to get an OZ a plant of light airy buds with what you are using.

Crazy Horse said:
No ph tester! Draston you are killing me lol! I think most people stay away from the miracle grow soil with the nutes in it (I assume it has nutes already in it right?). I know some people have goodluck with it like TBG, but most have problems like you are having. Do you have any perlite or vermiculite in there? And the yellowing you are getting I assume is from the nutes. The yellowing I am talking about is that they are running out of food, mostly N. The whole leaf turns light yellow (like you see in fall on normal trees), and not just the tip, that is usually nute burn. And if your ph is off, that will cause alot of problems as well. Does this make any sense? I am still pretty new at this to so bare with me lol.

thats why you go organic lol my babies are looking great on organic
best of luck

If you have to ask if you will get 4 lids off one plant that means the chances are slim that you wil;l get that much off a plant. Slim

longtimegrower said:
If you have to ask if you will get 4 lids off one plant that means the chances are slim that you wil;l get that much off a plant. Slim

never seen a mary jane plant fully matured so bleh... :p

I think I'm going to use my current setup until I decide to flower them and then I'm going to get a nice sodium ballast 600 watt set from HID Hut to flower my babies under.

I figured since it was my first grow I wouldn't get 4 oz a plant so I planted some plants outside.

I currently have 6 indoor plants and 7 outdoor plants. I'm going to try and do LST with two of the outdoor plants to try and move them inside some bushes once they get bigger. Right now I have this field behind my house and I planted two on the edge of this bush line so if the plants got very tall you would be able to see them from a distance so I'm going to lst them into these bushes and top them to keep the growth under control. As for the rest of the plants there is this clearing beyond where the other two are planted and is incircled with shrubs, like a little grotto or something so I don't think I am going to have to worry about them, just let those suckers grow wild as hell and hope jonny law doesn't see them.

Im using the same amount and type of lighting and have 5 females 4 weeks into flowering and it looks like Im going to get maybe 8oz. It depends on the strain too, because I have one plant maybe 3 weeks away from harvest and looks like Ill get maybe almost an ounce but then I have another that looks like it will give me 3 oz. so it is hard to say exactly what your outcome will be. All I can say is give them lots of love and get what you can get out of them.

Latest posts

Back