Droopy plants????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

215zealot

Hey guys check the pictures, these plants are 5 weeks old in 1st week flowering. some of them are looking a little droopy. they are in coco coir surrounded by hydroclay, under two 400 HPS. they are watered twice a day with GH lucas formula that is only half strengh.

thanks in advance.

droopy 001.jpg

droopy 002.jpg

too much feed.i would back off the nutes to once a week and water every other day,depending on how much you give them.you will know when they need water.thats why they are droopy.if you keep feeding like you are,you will have some serious problems.oops,i mistakenly thought you was in soil.sorry

overwatering and feeding by the sounds and looks of it :48:

with the medium your using I doudt its overwatering.

I run a drip system 24/7 with no problems.

Growdude said:
with the medium your using I doudt its overwatering.

I run a drip system 24/7 with no problems.

I am going to a Drip System and was woundering about that. So you dont use a timer?

yea guys its NOT SOIL!! this is coco coir, but for some reason the plants do look overwatered.

however i am not watering that much. like i said, its about twice a day with 5-10% runoff, with distilled water mixed with GH light strengh nutes. i am also using florablend with supplements cal mag.

215zealot said:
yea guys its NOT SOIL!! this is coco coir, but for some reason the plants do look overwatered.

however i am not watering that much. like i said, its about twice a day with 5-10% runoff, with distilled water mixed with GH light strengh nutes. i am also using florablend with supplements cal mag.

with a medium like that, i think it would be safe to assume your not watering enough. I mean, if you only water a very airy medium that isnt capable of holding much water twice a day, it prob is drying the roots out to quickly.
JMO

JB

and call me crazy, but the appearance of the two types of droopiness between over and under watering look pretty different, yours look underwatered to me, if not that, they are somehow stressed.

yes i can kinda tell they are stressed but i am still not sure.

i upped the nitrogen and mag in their dosage, and im also watering more frequently to see what happens. i need to tune in the correct dosage on everything still.

i am getting conflicting things, on one hand, i really tihnk i am underwatering the plants.

however i went to the hydro shop,i like these guys they have given good advice so far, but they told me to only water once ever 48 hours because it is cold and the roots might get too damp/cold.

what should i do

what is worse, roots drying out or roots being drowned?

i have returned plants to 3 waterings every 24 hours. there are 9 plants, they drink about 1 gallon every 2 days.

I'm going with andy's assessment. They have that cabbagey overferted look to them. leaves curling under at the tips gives them away also.

so maybe, i should water more, but use less nutes?

is it ok to switch nute dosage so quick?

should i dilute my nutrient res right now, because i am about to water them soon and i dont want nute burn.

i swear i have a nitrogen def. though, how do i solve that while getting nute burn at the same time!!

andy52 said:
too much feed.i would back off the nutes to once a week and water every other day,depending on how much you give them.you will know when they need water.thats why they are droopy.if you keep feeding like you are,you will have some serious problems.oops,i mistakenly thought you was in soil.sorry

i tried to water once every other day, and the cococoir got really dry and the plants didnt look to good.

so guys, what is the exact synopsis here. FOR HYDROPONIC--COCOCOIR---what should the regular watering regimen be? i am still experimenting, right now its 2-3x a day with very little runoff, probably 4fl. oz per plant.

Switching nute dosage down immediately won't hurt, up in large percentages isn't advisable.

Why don't you just hook up a drip system; it's pretty easy from things you are likely to have lying around the house.

You'll have to wait for someone to chime in on the feed regime for your coco. I only use it for mulsh in the garden.

I won't grow in any other way other than flood drain scrog.

pH is a measure of acidity or alkalinity; many moons ago I could have probably told you what the abreviation was but it's been a long while since high school chemistry.

pH of substrate, soil, nutes etc will vastly effect some plants to the point it can in fact kill them.

Too high or low and you can lock nutes out.

If you rule out pH and your nute strength is pretty low normally the next thing to check is Magnesium.

When it doubt flush it out is my moto.

You can start straight back on a weaker nute schedule until they recover and show signs of new growth or increased vigour.

For coco, 2-3 times a day with run-off is good.
Need to know what PH your solution is. Not the run-off. What nutes are you using?
What strain is this?
If the coco is surrounded by hydroton, the roots will dry faster than just coco. I just use hydroton in the bottom of the pot.

i agree with umbra,check the ph,the coco has a tendency to make the ph drift.thats exactly why i use the rapid rooter plugs for seeds and clones.jmo

andy52 said:
i agree with umbra,check the ph,the coco has a tendency to make the ph drift.thats exactly why i use the rapid rooter plugs for seeds and clones.jmo

Coco in inert.
PH should not "drift" in coco. You should never have to check run-off PH.
What goes in - comes out.

Latest posts

Back