Dry Soil??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50bud

Reaction score
My soil has been very dry, i planted a couple of seedlings and they didnt even sprout, I was wondering if anyone could help?

How often do you water? You should only have to water every 3 or 4 days. Stick your finger in the dirt about 1 inch. If it's dry give them a nice drink. We usually water until a bit comes out the bottom. This way we know all the roots get some. ;)

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

could worm castings mixed in cause rapid dryness?

Yo Ho 50bud,
If you are blending your own soil, then you might add some nuetral peat moss for water retension. Normally I would blend my own mix, and next grow I am going to do just that.
Take a careful look at some real black and loamy soil sometime. You will see all sorts of matter in there that breaks down and makes the soil rich, and it will hold water real well to.
Sterile soil is what I call floating soil. The process ruins the soils ability to hold moisture.
IMHO I think that
1. 10% coarse sand
2. 10% nuetral peat moss
3. 20% vermiculite
4. 60% black potting soil

is a good mix ratio to start with, you adjust from there how you want it.

Good Growing, and here is some Green Mojo
for you to get started with.
th_GreenMojo 16.jpg

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

th_GreenMojo 16.jpg

Latest posts

Back