Drying and curing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Toker

Living Large
Reaction score
I am in the brown paper bag stage (dark and dry method) and my buds do not seem to be tightning up. It states that they will look like what we are use to (tight buds that we all have bought) after this procedure and they look just like they did when I trimmed them, and were hanging in the dark. they are in there 2nd week of bron bag. NO mold still slight moisture in buds. I am turning them daily. All comments appreciated

I never do the brown bag thing. I just let them hang dry for a week or two then on to jars. 24 hours in a jar then open them and let them sit out for a few hours. Back into the jars and open it and readjust your buds a couple of times a day for the next week or so. My buds dont compact that much either. Maybe it's because of the small weights I harvest. I grow them small:).

Yeah, I've read that one too. I like to wait until I can snap the stems that the buds are on, then I put them into the jar. Bombudpuffa's method seems pretty good too.

I went to do my daily turn in the bags when I noticed that all the buds are extremely dry. I don't know the guy that said to follow his dark and dry method, but it sucks!!!! It seems that all my bud is now just ruined. I misted the buds in the paper bags and am planning to let them sit for a day or two to see if I can get some moisture back in them. I will then put them right in the mason jars. All the stuff under the resources tap is bull, they even claim the longer the better and I just find he stuff crumbling into a powder. Anybody have any suggestions????

i've never used the jar method, what i do is..
take them down, cut leaves off, and hang them by their branches, then after a few days (all depends on temp, and how fast they dry) cut the buds off the branches, and put them in a black plastic bag to sweat them (usually up the temp a little in room (just cause i'm very impatient)
then lay out on a screen and dry again, then repeat untill you get desired results.

i'd suggest maybe try to sweat them (though if they're too dry, they may not have anything to sweat out)

i don't know if this is a good idea, but if you have any leaf that still has some moisture (and hasn't gone bad) you could maybe put a few leafs in with the buds in a plastic bag and try to get the buds to draw some moisture from them.. i don't know if this will work though.. or if it's even possible, as i don't how long ago you cropped, so the leaves may be garbage now.
*once again, i've never tried this, so don't know if it's a good idea/bad idea, or if it will even work, so try at your own risk, but i'd wait for some other suggestions first ;)

good luck.

Here is the results of my first grow. The grow was veg outdoors and bloom indoors with CFL's. There not as strong flavor that I like, but getting better. I am moving them in and out of the jars daily. They did get some moistness when sprayed, no mold as of yet.

buds 1.JPG

Toker, you can take dry buds and roll them up in tortillas for about 10 to 15 minutes. The dry buds absorb the moisture from the tortillas. This method of moistening the buds works really well, but be careful to not let it go more than 10 to 15 minutes. After about 10 to 15 minutes check them. If they're moist enough, then you're finished, if not, then let them go for a bit longer until they're moist.

Your buds are probably over-dry because you left them in the bag for too long. I think you realize that by now though.

Latest posts

Back