Drying questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graalweed

Reaction score
- Should I take special measures about the smell in the drying room. :confused:
I m using a small closet can that represents a leak in my security :confused:

- Can I place buds in different stages of drying in the same room even if the room is small. :confused:
Temp, darkness, humidity seems to be ok, air is cycling, But, the buds are one next to the other and to the walls. Can that be a problem :confused:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/reputation.php?p=161963
How many buds can I place in a jar :confused:

The smell of drying can get quite strong... it'll only be really bad for a couple days... until they dry up a bit...

u can have all stages in one room, it doesn't matter.....

U don't want to fill the jars up too too much because u want room so u can toss them around a bit every day or so to aerate them.

Why should we trim all the leafs we can from our buds :confused:

They have THC don’t they
Is that because it represents an open window for mold when drying :confused:

graalweed said:
Why should we trim all the leafs we can from our buds :confused:

They have THC don’t they
Is that because it represents an open window for mold when drying :confused:
I'm relating what I did with my outdoor AK48. Other varieties are probably each a bit different.

The shade leaves have almost no trichomes and they taste pretty nasty too. And if you have mites or aphids, like me, those leaves have most of the infestation. I cut off all leaves that have a long stem. The next longest leaves, a little closer in to the cola, usually have trichomes close in to the stem, so I snip them off half to 3/4 of the way to the stem. Then I just look over the cola and trim anything that looks unhealthy, or lacking decent trichomes.

When drying, it's best to hang it with the shade leaves, but since mine was infested, I cut them off, a long way away from my drying room, then laid the plants in the sun for about a half hour, so hopefully some of the bugs might evacuate.

You can save the trimmings and boil it down to reduce it, or just sprinkle into your whatever; I like banana bread. I wouldn't use the shade leaves, but that's just a matter of preference.

Latest posts

Back