Dubba picks a patch of non pickeled peppers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
Just wanted to share what i harvested today. A whole slew of jalapenos. I tried a few of them on my B-Day and man oh man are they already scorchers, i was going to wait it out till they started turning red but seeing how its been more than ample time for the first ones to have started their change and haven't i decided against waiting any longer for the first batch.

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

Ohhh they look pretty!! My sis-in-law has the best recipe for stuffed jalapenos. She cuts them in 1/2 length-wise, scoops out the seeds and stuffs with a melted mixture of 1/2 cheddar and 1/2 cream cheese. Then wraps a little piece of bacon around each one. Then she bakes them in the oven. They are delish and I don't care much for cream cheese.

What are you gonna do with all those peppers Dubs?

Not real sure yet. I may end up putting most in jars till i get the roma (maters) and a few more of my peppers (bell, 3 colors) out of the ground, and make salsa ;) but for now im thinking ill just make me a big donkey plate of nachos with some fresh hot sheet to put on them :D

Sounds yummy Dubs, I LOVE nachoes. Even the 7-11 ones out of the machine. Ha ha ha.

Or you could try these:

Armadillo Eggs (Texas-style Stuffed Jalapenos)

Ingredients:

1/2 lb. jack cheese, shredded (or an 8 oz. block of cream cheese)
1/2 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 lb. hot sausage (like Owens or Jimmy Dean)
1-1/2 cups bisquick
1 egg, beaten
1 pkg. spicy Shake-N-Bake
20 to 30 jalapeños

Directions:

The peppers can be fresh or canned, just be sure you drain well if canned. You can also use the round mild cherry peppers instead. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise down one side only and scrape out the seeds. If you accidentally cut all the way through, just try to keep the two halves together.

Mix Bisquick, sausage and cheddar in a large bowl.

Get your assembly line ready: peppers, shredded jack cheese, sausage mixture, beaten egg in a shallow bowl, Shake-N-Bake in a shallow bowl, and baking rack on a cookie sheet, both coated with cooking spray.

Stuff each pepper with shredded jack cheese, then stick the halves back together, if separated. Grab a handful of the sausage goo and wrap around the pepper in the shape of an elongated egg. Dip in beaten egg and roll in Shake-N-Bake to coat evenly.

Place on baking rack. When the peppers are all ready, bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or till crisp.

Great Jals Dubb :)

Dang you guys are making my mouth water, I love jalapeño's.

:peace:

Man oh man are them turds hot!! I made me a huge plate of nachos started slicing them up and placing them seeds and all on my plate got through about 5 good big bites and then the alarms went off. Bad thing is i started to sweat after i picked one up to eat it alone ( im a sucker :D) and i rubbed my eye and now ive been flushing it out for about half an hour and it still burns :D Rule #1 for jalapeno's never touch your eyes after handling :rofl:

SmokinMom said:
Ohhh they look pretty!! My sis-in-law has the best recipe for stuffed jalapenos. She cuts them in 1/2 length-wise, scoops out the seeds and stuffs with a melted mixture of 1/2 cheddar and 1/2 cream cheese. Then wraps a little piece of bacon around each one. Then she bakes them in the oven. They are delish and I don't care much for cream cheese.
You forgot the Lil' Smokeys, but that's how I make them too. Love the turds!:D

StoneyBud said:
Yo Dubbman! Those are beautiful man!

I eat about 5 of those a day. Pickled, fresh, I don't care!

Make em look like this:
Thanks man with the compliment on the peppers. The wife loves how the recipe sounds and says were going to try it here soon ;) so ill have to do a pictorial of how they come out :rofl:. Thanks again man.

H.I.E. said:
Plus be careful how you shake your tallywhacker after you have a pee
:shocked: no doubt :D feel like you got a peter poke :rofl:

So im making these armadillo eggs. Im scooping out the seeds and membrane form the peppers and i have to sneeze, i grab my nose to hold it back and now my nostrils are on fire im talking 4 alarm OMG im hurting fire. My wife tells me quick use some nasal spray to rinse out your nose and man i was yelping like a puppy that had its tail stepped on. The eggs are in the oven ill get up pics and a review of the hot munchies once they are out and eaten ;) Oh and if any of you have a god idea on how to get jalapeno juice out of my nose please fill me in because snorting milk didnt help :rofl:

Milk products are the best for releasing the bond between the nerve endings and the capsicum. When that happens, use cold sour cream and GENTLY rub it into the area that is burning. Then rinse with very warm water and do it again several times. Each time, more of the capsicum oils are rinsed from the offended part.

I've done the same thing with other parts that were much more sensitive and most definitely offended by the abuse. The sour cream works better than anything I know of.

I just had stuffed Jal's. Damn I love those things!

Here's a pic:

Dubbaman said:
So im making these armadillo eggs. Im scooping out the seeds and membrane form the peppers and i have to sneeze, i grab my nose to hold it back and now my nostrils are on fire im talking 4 alarm OMG im hurting fire. My wife tells me quick use some nasal spray to rinse out your nose and man i was yelping like a puppy that had its tail stepped on. The eggs are in the oven ill get up pics and a review of the hot munchies once they are out and eaten ;) Oh and if any of you have a god idea on how to get jalapeno juice out of my nose please fill me in because snorting milk didnt help :rofl:

MVC-019S.JPG

I wanna eat dinner at stoney's place ?
Hey can you teach my wife....? hahaha

StoneyBud said:
When that happens, use cold sour cream and GENTLY rub it into the area that is burning. Then rinse with very warm water and do it again several times.

Thanks a heap bro it did the trick :aok: it was calming already and thankfully i knew what i had done as soon as i did it and only did it once, one wipe of the finger on the nose and it was all she wrote

StoneyBud said:
I just had stuffed Jal's. Damn I love those things!

Here's a pic:
now i want some of those too. :eek::D

mine are out but the littlest of my monsters is on me and i have to wait to eat :holysheep: Ill fill you all in on what i think of them here soon pics now. Pics are 1) assembly line 2) before the oven 3) out of the oven ;)

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

I got to tell you on a scale of schwag to fresh cured stuff out of my garden ;) i have to give it: i get mine from the guy who gets it from the grower :D that's some good stuff man. Made me some Jalapeno flavored scalloped taters some strawberry jubilee and had a beer with it. Fat Man happy now Belly Full. Time to get ready and head out for the night. With any luck ill not forget what i had for dinner and see it come back the other direction ;)

If you really want to spice it up, dice a single habanero and add it to the stuffing mix for a batch. The first bite will make you cry, and then it just gets addictive.

I grow the super-hots and use them, so Jals are pretty tame to me now. You want some expressions, make some stuffed orange habs and take them to a BBQ. Make a little sign to warn people....don't be mean.

Every time I take them, the plate is empty within an hour.

Everyone loves em, but for most, one is enough.

Dicing a hab or two up and adding it to a chicken wing coating before frying is damn good too. Spices those puppies right up!

Dubbaman said:
I got to tell you on a scale of schwag to fresh cured stuff out of my garden i have to give it: i get mine from the guy who gets it from the grower that's some good stuff man.
I'll tell you another trick to Jalapeno peppers; look for the little "scars" on the pepper. The more scars there are, the hotter the Jalapeno. It has nothing to do with size. Just the scars. If you find one that is just covered with scars, watch out, that sucker will have flames coming off of it.

Gorgeous looking home-grown peppers Dubba!

I LOVE jala's, habaneros, thai chilis, bring em on.... :D

But boy is there hell to pay the next morning...:holysheep:

This thread made me so hungry I just ordered some Lamb Vindaloo & Curried Chicken for delivery!:p

Peace!:cool:

I loved this thread, too. I picked 3 jalapenos this morning. I gave one to a friend who has tried mine before. He is going to a barbecue tonight and is "sharing". I lay out a couple of sliced cloves of my hottest garlic and slices of jalapenos on a plate. Then I watch the show as all the real men try both.LMAO. I do warn everybody up front. Benny isn't that mean. Plus, most of my friends and relatives are bigger than me, lol.
Thanks for the sour cream fix. It will come in handy. I am going to try the bhut jolokias again. None germinated this year for me. Maybe God was saving my butt, by not letting a stoner play with a million scoville units, or whatever it has!

Latest posts

Back