Dubba picks a patch of non pickeled peppers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
420benny said:
I am going to try the bhut jolokias again. None germinated this year for me. Maybe God was saving my butt, by not letting a stoner play with a million scoville units, or whatever it has!
Here's the place to buy your pure bred seeds from:

hXXp://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/chile-pepper-institute-c.html#anchor_23260

And here's the secret to germinating your pepper seeds:

Use a Hydrofarm germination center with a heat mat. Keep the dome elevated about a half inch with foil spacers and use 1.5" rockwool cubes.

Just drop a single seed into the hole in the cube. Don't cover it or anything. Keep the cube moist, but NEVER let it dry out. Put a 150 watt HPS over it at about 12" from the top of the dome.

Make sure to rinse and soak your rockwool before using them.

If you follow this, you'll have great success germinating pepper seeds.

They HAVE to have the heat mat. Mother Nature just doesn't do it right unless it's in the right part of the planet.

Thanks stoney. I do germinate over a heat mat, but I put the seeds in fresh,real good potting soil in a clean 4" pot. I will look into your method. It sucks when they don't germinate because there is a narrow window as far as the right time to start. Too late and we have to wait till almost Labor Day for peppers.

I start mine indoors on January 1st. By the time I put them out on May 1st, I have nice sized little plants that already have flowers on them. This year, I tried 3 gallon pots. I've developed an outside hydro I'm trying this coming year. It should make a hell of a difference.

Latest posts

Back