Dwc ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SicSativa

Reaction score
I'm doing my first DWC, bubbler. I havent started feeding yet ,the plants are 2 wks old . 2 sets of true leafs. Now I've heard conflicting info. on the subject of when and how to apply nutes. Some say they always wait till 3 true sets of leafs, and some say always start with a light nute solution. Some say just keep adding nutes to the resevior.Some say change it out each feeding. I'm going to be using the GH flora line . Can anyone tell me how they go about using these nutes or even their own nutes Thanks

well i usually dont start feeding a plant till 3 weeks.. or so.. but when the time comes they get 1/8 strength and build up from there... usually staying at 1/8 for a bit.. if i feed young... also when using GH3part your gonna wanna mix the micro into the water first b4 any other nutes.. if you dont you will cause nute lock out.. so remember brown in the water first..
LH

I always wait until the cotyledons fall off, cuz that is when the plant needs to start finding some food.

i start adding nutes as soon as i see roots..
start light and make it heavier as time passes.
but i'm still learning here....

Once I have roots sticking out of my rapid rooter/rockwool cube I then place it in my DWC. If I have a plant in my DWC I have nutes in the solution, even if it is a weak solution. With GH3 I am looking at 150-200 ppm's at first then build them up from there

pcduck said:
Once I have roots sticking out of my rapid rooter/rockwool cube I then place it in my DWC. If I have a plant in my DWC I have nutes in the solution, even if it is a weak solution. With GH3 I am looking at 150-200 ppm's at first then build them up from there

:yeahthat:

Thanks to everyone that replied, hey PC ,when you add say the next round of nutes ,do you change out your water and nutes or just add more nutes without changing. Thanks

I change out weekly. It is easier to prevent diseases/nute deficiency then it is to extricate them. When just adding nutes without a changing out a grower does not know what is left in the buckets as far as nutes and could cause a nute lock-out.

Got it. Thanks alot PC. I've grown with soil for awhile ,first hydro ever. Doing a little comparison, and so far the hydro is kicking ***.

kal el said:
I always wait until the cotyledons fall off, cuz that is when the plant needs to start finding some food.

This is the first time I have heard that...it sounds about right to...Thanks man, I'm going to pay attention to this now, and see if it is close to when I usually start.

I don't do hydro

I usually watch my bottom set of leaves and when they just start fading from the dark green I start adding nutes...but like I said I grow in soil to.

Interesting post...Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back