sick? not sure what is up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain23

Reaction score
hello there again guys .. so I'm trying to get a hold a the watering like i said in the last post.. but this is what my baby looks like this am she looks down, and I also noticed that the bottom leaves I guess there called the first true leaf but its not green its turning yellowish I'm don't know if you can see from the pics as to how she looks but I watered Thurs.. I was reading that it could be somethin like nute deficiency? I'm waiting for them to get here, so I saw I can use Epson salt would this be a good try? any insight ,,so you know this gal is about a month or so give or take but she was tall I put her in this pot from the cube she was in and I buried it in the soil up to that first true leaf, and she is at 18in. from light at 75 % not sure if that right ? like I said first time grower learning as I go but she was giving to me so I'm learning with her as i get everything I need to do my real grow with the seeds I bought .. thx

Attachments

• sun1.jpg
    sun1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • sun2.jpg
    sun2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • sun3.jpg
    sun3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • sun4.jpg
    sun4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
yea i figured something is up.. but i will check that stuff out,, the soil feels ok but thts the part im having a hard time with is determining if i need to water or not? also if i put a lil bit of epson salt if tht could help? thx

You may want to try a new soil , what is the one you are using with it now.
Is it just a potting mix, or a grow soil like ocean forest etc.....?
Looks hungry and overwatered

You may want to try a new soil , what is the one you are using with it now.
Is it just a potting mix, or a grow soil like ocean forest etc.....?
Looks hungry and overwatered
so when my friend gave it to me it was in a lil cube i put it in this and its in MG SEED STARTER , but i have happy frong that im going to use,,and i had a post the other day asking if i should transplant it to its final pot and the new soil ,, and i didnt get any suggestions except for 1 person said wait a lil longer but even tho i dont know much i feel i should put it in the fabric pot thts going to be final and its 3 or 5 gal? ? thx

Soil looks really wet for those small babies. Take a fork and dig the soil around turning it up it will reintroduce oxygen into the soil and allow it to dry out quicker. gotta water babies sparingly..just some on the base of the plant. They will tell you when they want a full blown pot watering and it won't be until they are about a foot tall or so.

How is the Ph of your water and what kind of soil are you using?
im going to test it but i beleave when i did it a few weeks ago it was ok i beleave but ima do tht,, but i useally fill a spay bottle and let it sit .. but i saw someone saw to put a lil peroxide in my water also try epson salt, i have read so much its like which way do i go.. lolo thx

Soil looks really wet for those small babies. Take a fork and dig the soil around turning it up it will reintroduce oxygen into the soil and allow it to dry out quicker. gotta water babies sparingly..just some on the base of the plant. They will tell you when they want a full blown pot watering and it won't be until they are about a foot tall or so.
ok cool. yea i watered them last sun. then again this past thursday.. but im having a hard time to figure out when to and not to water but im learning

Are you using a loaded soil like FF or MG with nutes already in the soil? If not, have you been adding nutes? Mine sometimes look like this from over watering. You watered last Thursday? Does your soil still feel damp? Are there good drainage holes in your pot? Just random thoughts…

that seed starter should have zero nutes

so yeah , check the Ph of your water and give them a light feeding
well im waiting for my nutes to come,, but transplanting and putting them in the new soil happy frog ,would tht help too?

Are you using a loaded soil like FF or MG with nutes already in the soil? If not, have you been adding nutes? Mine sometimes look like this from over watering. You watered last Thursday? Does your soil still feel damp? Are there good drainage holes in your pot? Just random thoughts…
the soil there in is just MG seed starter, but i plan and do have happy frog.. there are holes yes,and the soil feels damp so far today . i can see roots when i look at the holes on bottom

well im waiting for my nutes to come,, but transplanting and putting them in the new soil happy frog ,would tht help too?

i dont know about the happy frog soil , if it is pre-loaded with nutes or not

but yeah , a light feeding would help

ok cool. yea i watered them last sun. then again this past thursday.. but im having a hard time to figure out when to and not to water but im learning
When plants especially from seed are really young you want to water in a way that coaxes the roots to grow and does not drown them. Baby plants don't like having wet soggy feet. As my mentor Cornbread Ricky says, when you water a plant in your yard ..do you water around plant or do you water the entire yard? funny but apt comparison. When you can only go 24 hours before the pot is dry, then you can start drenching them, again they will be much bigger then.

the soil there in is just MG seed starter, but i plan and do have happy frog.. there are holes yes,and the soil feels damp so far today . i can see roots when i look at the holes on bottom
The soil should not still feel wet after day four of watering in this small pot. I think the new loaded soil will help but add some perlite with your new soil before transplanting them and maybe a little extra in the bottom of your pot to help with drainage. you plant appears to be holding too much water and is looking for a little dry spell. Maybe you have mud instead of good draining soil…

The happy frog soil is preloaded so you should not have to add nutes for a couple weeks after transplant. I’ve used happy frog in the past with no problems. I would add some Mycorrhizal as well to the hole prior to putting your plant in it to encourage root growth. I use the great white with all my transplants now with great results but there are others on the market that probably work as well. If you see that your plant is soaked when you transplant it, just water around the edges of your new pot to encourage those roots to grow to the new soil. Then don’t water them again until you pots feel lighter weight. You will soon learn what a light pot feels like opposed to one that has just been watered. They like to have dry roots between waterings. Good luck with your plant. I’m am pulling for you and have confidence that you will start seeing improvement soon after your transplant. ✌️
IMG_1221.jpeg

When plants especially from seed are really young you want to water in a way that coaxes the roots to grow and does not drown them. Baby plants don't like having wet soggy feet. As my mentor Cornbread Ricky says, when you water a plant in your yard ..do you water around plant or do you water the entire yard? funny but apt comparison. When you can only go 24 hours before the pot is dry, then you can start drenching them, again they will be much bigger then.
OK COOL THX FOR THE TIPS

Latest posts

Back