Elephant Man's Grow Journal, 1st attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics I promised of the 2 big bagseed I flipped over the weekend, the big one in the 5 gallon won't let go of her drip pan:eek: .

Dime sized trunks at 4 weeks:cool:

I know, I know, mylar mylar mylar:rolleyes: , very soon.

Nov27_0001.jpg

Nov27_0002.jpg

Nov27_0003.jpg

Nov27_0004.jpg

Nov27_0005.jpg

Elephant Man said:
Kinda missing the point of the timer bro, the idea is to have 2 1kw lights on the same circuit breaker safely. You will be over amperage with them both on, but this timer will never allow them to both ever come on. Make sense?

Ya got to go one page back for the thermostat tutorial;) , works killer.

I got that, I was using it in theory of my growroom. I don't have that much light. I work with a 400W, but I could off the same timer also do another room instead of doing other mods or buying a timer.

laylow6988 said:
I got that, I was using it in theory of my growroom. I don't have that much light. I work with a 400W, but I could off the same timer also do another room instead of doing other mods or buying a timer.

It could be handy for lots of stuff, you could run your lights at night, and plug in your ac for the day (lights off) cycle.

Whats up Eman. Everytime i come in your grow journal you are building something new. ;) Your ladies are looking great for sure and with all the care you give them i can see why. Dude you have a GREEN THUMB for sure and some serious knowledge to share. :aok: Anyway keep up the great work Eman. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up Eman. Everytime i come in your grow journal you are building something new. ;) Your ladies are looking great for sure and with all the care you give them i can see why. Dude you have a GREEN THUMB for sure and some serious knowledge to share. :aok: Anyway keep up the great work Eman. ;)

A green thumb from TBG!:eek: Honestly brothers, I am not worthy:eek: . I may seem like I know what's going on, but I have alot to learn. In the back of my mind, I am still praying I make it through flower with these first 2.

I have been working just a little too hard and my freinds know it. Yesterday, I was kidnapped and taken to Palm Springs for a day and night of fun in the sun by a freind. Luckily, I took her car while she was getting ready, and visited the only hydro shop in town.:D :D :D

Got some more good stuff, just gotta get with my mentor, and I PROMISE an update probably late tonight.

A pic of the 'laboratory', and some experimental weirdness for your viewing pleasure. Buncha buckets, misters, airstone. Guess it is an aero....ummm...recirculating dwc...errrr...

The heck with labels:D

Nov29_0002.jpg

Nov29_0003.jpg

Nov29_0004.jpg

Nov29_0001.jpg

Thanks TBG, I'll explain it real soon.;)

This is the finished reservoir for my 'living organics aeroponic thingy', I should have it testing tonight, ready for tea and clones tomorrow.

Last pic is of my 2 teamakers, in 24 hours they will be 'boomin with beasties' and ready to innoculate some clippings;) .

Dec01_0001.jpg

Dec01_0002.jpg

Dec01_0003.jpg

Dec01_0004.jpg

Dec01_0005.jpg

Eman you my friend are a building fool and a good one at that. It seems like everytime we stop in your journal you have something new to share with us. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Eman you my friend are a building fool and a good one at that. It seems like everytime we stop in your journal you have something new to share with us. ;)

Thanks TBG, it has been really hard to keep moving since my injury but my girls need me;) . Good to keep me going, as you can see by the clone's roots, she has been ready for a while. They will repay the favor soon enough;) .

This thing is running only 2 buckets right now, but it is designed to be 3 buckets deep and however many I can fit wide (probably 6 rows).

The screen keeps the 'beasties' and their food away from the pump.

Hee hee EM I officially dub thee a Gnome! :banana:

I like inventing stuff too (mother the necessity of , yadda yadda). It's cool to try out new things and get stuff that works.

I put together this little 'external pump' system w/ my hydro, built the training sticks, the waterbed hose and the seedling sprinklers. The ext pump was really nice because now I do not have to dig through all those roots if there's a problem. Flushing is also a snap.

I have used it for four grows and think I lifted a full bucket maybe 3 times?

Invent on my brother.

(pic of my humble projects).

DSCF0252.jpg

Detail water ring grommet attachments.jpg

End result.jpg

INVENTORprops.jpg

Thanks Zarnon, sometimes with my old broken back, I feel like a gnome:D where is my cane?:p

That bucket dealio you got there is nice, great attention to detail. If mine works, I will eventually expand it to maybe 12-18 buckets and will mount a much larger external pump with valves for flushing. I may build a contoller bucket so I can have all the buckets on the floor. I have a 50 gallon res too. With living organics, root temps are not nearly as much of a concern, so internal pump is fine. I got to get the feel for innoculations and boosting populations before I put 18 clones in this thing though.

I decided to put my 1kw Hortilux back up in flower room #1 and flip 3 more mothers today to make room for upcoming stuff. Biggie small, AK48, and Indoor Mix (who I nicknamed Mutt;) ) joined the 2 big bagseed that were flipped last weekend.

Took a couple of pics of the 2 bagseed and a pic of the whole gang while I moved stuff around.

Enjoy

Dec03_0001.jpg

Dec03_0002.jpg

Dec03_0003.jpg

I love it. Your quite a handy (E) man. It's hard for me to keep up with all your stuff. I am taking notes lol.

Elephant man ("I am not an animal, I'm a Man!" the movie 'lol'). Definately you are the master of invention. With back problems you out do most of us who don't and that my friend says alot about you. Keep it up and keep inspiring!!! :aok:

Thanks guys! I always was a fan of John Merrick (The Elephant Man), he showed alot of us that it is what we do with our heart that matters most:) . Brave, intelligent, and kind young man. I wish I had the chance to meet him before he left for heaven:( , I don't think I would have said anything, would have just hugged him:cool: .

Another pic for ya, tried to take it before the light was warmed up.

5 mothers on 12/12 under 1kw Hortilux.

Dec03_001.jpg

Did you ever top those big bagseed's? I don't remember you saying it, just wanted to know.

Latest posts

Back