Energy saver fluorescent s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRoc

Reaction score
I am starting the flowering period on my plant (first time grow) and i am using the energy savers i have read that you shoul have at least 2500 3000 lumens per sq/ft is this true, can i still use these lights during the flowering stage? also my plants are not as bountiful as i assumed they would be at this stage they are about 2 1/2 to 3 months old, i do not know the age as a friend gave them to me to take care of. Thanks in advance.

You need 3000-5000 lumens per square ft. For veg you need the 6500k bulbs and for flower the 2100k bulbs. You should have more light during flower than veg.

so if i have the suffiecent lumens i should be ok?

Yes...and if you can handle the heat associated with the lights.

actually 5000 lumens per square foot is recomended, 3000 is minimum . also once uget the rght color lights try and get some lights on the sides ad underneath if possible. that is the only problem with cfl is that they dont penetrate the canopy well. you o that and ou should get some nic buds.. not the best but decent.

hmmm nobodys said it but you need red spectrum light since youve started flowering , the blue spectrum is for veg which is most prolly what your using i take it?

hmm if thats from my post i explained it in red/blue , you did in numbers lol

Uk1 said:
hmm if thats from my post i explained it in red/blue , you did in numbers lol
Those numbers are the kelvin or color of the bulb;).

yes yes i know but i didnt know what that was until after the blue/red lol get me?

Uk1 said:
yes yes i know but i didnt know what that was until after the blue/red lol get me?
Gotcha:). It's just if he's a new grower I didn't want to send him out looking for "red" or "blue" fluoros. Some might take that literally:D.

my mistake they are 2700K is that to close to daylight? its soft white still

Uk1 said:

i want some of what he is smokin..:woohoo:

JRoc said:
my mistake they are 2700K is that to close to daylight? its soft white still

another way to tell them apart is,

Vegging= CLEAR white Bright color when the bulb is lit

Flowering= Yellowish almost cream looking color light

Firepower said:
another way to tell them apart is,

Vegging= CLEAR white Bright color when the bulb is lit

Flowering= Yellowish almost cream looking color light
:yeahthat:

yo bro I grow with cfl's. I use 5000 and 6400 k for veg and 2700k for flowering