Euro reflector or Cooltube? What Do you Think I should Buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thc is good for me

I smoke Marijuana Blunts
Reaction score

So I am going to buy a 600 watt digital HPS but there is more than one different kind of shade I could get for the same price.

They all have 6 inch air vents On both sides.

I was thinking the Euro or easycool might spread the light further. My growroom is like 4ft by 3ft.

HELP I cant make up my mind.

aaaaaaaaa l.jpg

aaaaaaaaa.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaalight2.jpg

which site are you looking from?just curious i am looking to buy a light also.

What do you mean by the cooltube has a horrible footprint?

Thanks for the advice

frankcos said:
which site are you looking from?just curious i am looking to buy a light also.

I am looking at htgsupply.com and htg supplies ebay store also.

thc is good for me said:
What do you mean by the cooltube has a horrible footprint?

Thanks for the advice

It disperses the light poorly making it inefficient except for it cooling capabilities. The Easy Cool hood I posted is easy to clean, reflects the light where you need it, and has a gasket to seal the hood to the glass.

I gotta agree with Buddyluv on this one. I have a cooltube and the light pattern is aweful AND it's a royal pain to change the bulb. I recently got another cool hood type with a gasket thats easy to change and the difference is night and day..

Good light pattern and quick, easy maintenance is priceless in the long run

i dont mean to go against bl :) i have a 6 inch cool tube in a 4*4 but i have it more for the cooling . i do have a home built hood with 1000 watts so i get light everywhere. but if i had more money at the time i prolly would have gotten what buddy luv is talking about:cool: hope that helps

I saw one of the easycool tubes online for $110 plus $20 for shipping.

I think I am going to buy a 600 watt digital HPS with the easycool reflector on HTG supply for $238 plus $40 for shipping.

I want a 1000 watt but I cant afford a digital one.
What would be better me buying a 600 watt digital HPS with easycool or a 1000 watt magnetic hps with a easycool

PLEASE let me know if you guys know of a better deal

What do you mean what am i going to do. Im going to flower 6 plants and soon i will flower 12 at once. my growroom is about 4ft by 3ft by 6ft tall.

Hi,

If it's not too late check out the reflectors at:

hXXp://texashydroponics.com/shop/home.php?cat=55

They have two cool tube style reflectors that are inside of a larger reflector for a good spread. It's the best of both worlds. I've got the 6" Silver Star like the pic below and I love it. I searched all over the internet for a competing price and couldn't find this reflector anywhere else. They must have their own Chinese supplier.

Peace!:cool:

the 600w will put you over the 5000 lumens per square foot mark. You should be fine with it. If you get a Lumtek ballast do not get the Growbright bulb with it, get a Sunmaster or an Eye bulb.

SO I bought a 600 watt digital HPS with the Easycool shade. I cant wait to get it I will post pic's when I get it set up.

Thanks for all the input guys. :)

When it comes to reflector designs, are the name brand reflectors the way to go? What made you decide on the Easycool shade?

I bought an easycool because another member showed my how easy it is to open it up compared to the other cooled shades I was looking at. It has hinges where you just flip a switch you dont have to unscrew anything.

Cool. Makes sense. .. I went ahead and tried my luck with C.A.P.'s LumenAir 6 Air-Cooled Reflector; it measures: 25" X 17.75" X 8.5",.. Hopefully I will get great results. Thanks thc is good for me for replying back. Good luck.

how about diamond reflectors? arnt they supposed to b good?...:)

Latest posts

Back