EZ Cloner problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesla

Reaction score
My buddy has a 120 site ez cloner and having a hard time of it. I read here and many other forums about them. Just want to get some feed back here.
What's your success rate? His is at 50% He and others have heat issues with res tank temp getting to hot. Whats your on/off time. Manual tells you to leave it on for 24 cycle. From what I have read you either love it or hate it. Seems like a lot of people hate it. Thanks for any replies.

i personally do not like them.not much success with them myself.i start everything in the rapid rooter plugs now and have 100 % success rate so far.

I have mixed feelings with ezclones. I have had clones with massive root systems that are super healthy. I did not have problems with the water temperature, probably beucase the room was always 70 degrees F or lower. My problem was when I went to transplant them and half of them died beucase we only watered twice a day and once you take them out of the ezcloner, they have no access to water until the next watering cycle begins. There are obviously ways to fix this, but the whole idea of spending so much money on something is to make it EASIER.

Basically, the cloning part is easy. I got mine to work on the first try only 2 or 3 months into learning how to grow. Once you transplant them though, you have to be careful.

Also the sprinkler system the 120 site one might not be any good. I cant say for certain, but I think they didnt spread them out enough across the entire tub so it ends up not watering some of the clones. I had to build my own sprinkler system using plastic tubing, spare red sprinkler heads, 4 mid size pumps, some trays to hold it up higher to the clones and a little inginuity. It was an ugly thing and was very sensitive to movement, but it worked.

If your hydro store carrys other sprinkelers that shoot out water in a full 360 degree but in a finer mist, then problem solved. Fortunatly ours does so now I am converting it to an aeroponics system instead of an ezclone system. I am going to start off with our 35 site cloner, only using about 10 plants so there is enough space between each plant.

Rockwool cubes works far better for our situation so that is what we are sticking to.

I been running an EZcloner 120 for the past couple months and its been prefect. I have had 100% success rate. Not a single dead clone. I run the pump 24/7. The key is to keep the temperature down. I've seen tempertures up to 82 degrees without an issue. My clones start to root around 7 days and around day 10 they are ready for tranplanting.
I use this cloning solution called powerclone. That stuff is like magic. Its expensive at 50 bucks for a small bottle and you have to use the whole bottle but its well worth it. I did a comparison using bloom ferts against powerclone and and the results were astonishing. With the Bloom ferts the roots took forever to root and they were long and skinny, looked like crap. The roots with the powerclone were thick short and stubby and thats what you want. Trust me on this one.

I also forgot to mention I dip the clones into this product called Dip N Grow before I put them in the EZcloner. Im not reallly sure if it actually does anything since its a liquid and probably gets washed off in the EZcloner. But I've had 100% success doing it this way so im not going to change it.

rapid rooters here, 100 percent success on my first attempt at cloning, already taken more clones and in a week i went from having 9 female plants to 27, thats what im talking about.

Thanks everyone. F1 Mojo Will let him know about the powerclone stuff. His res temp is 90degrees. The grow environment is about 78d. What I have read is the pump is to big and thats what heats the water up. It seems you either love it or hate it from what I read. I used the rapid rooter with a dome. First time out never cloning before and I had a 95% success rate.

Latest posts

Back