Fabric Softner Sheets = Your Friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent45

Reaction score
So, yesterday I went ahead and made a covering for my etop exhaust fan. It's an "L" shaped enclosurr that lets the hot air come out the fan, and travel through a duct, so to speak, that is created with the casing and the back of the cabinet. The air travels straight up through this space, then takes a 90 degree turn and forecs it out a duct that travels along the top of the cabinet, I stufed some fabric softner sheets in the duct that is along the top and dispurses the air and it smells magical. There used to be a slight odour of marijuana hanging around as I just put them in 12/12 a few days ago.

I'll have to make a carbon filter eventually that will connect to this duct, but for now this will be a pleasant little remedy until the odour gets out of hand.

word. i used to smoke in my dads house and never got caught cause i would put two dryer sheets in a empty toilet paper roll and BAM, my room always smelt like clean laundry!

Hahahaha, I still do that in my own house sometimes when I have ompany due over that isn't down with Mary Jane.

I am actually kinda curious to see if this could be an actual long term solution as I do not mind the slight smell of marijuana, just not the entire house. Hahaha.

you'd probably need to change the sheets every week/month i imagine.

Yeah, that's a definate, probably just cahnge em every week, maybe twice. Cheaper than active carbon :p Lol

And I can change the scent to fit my moods

Thanks man, as it is, I did a trial run today with the temos with everything closed up and it's much too hot in there, so I will have to consruct another casing that is bigger to utilize 2 fans for exhaust instead of just one.

However, with some proper sealing and trials, it's very very possible

When I was younger I always had a tp tube stuffed with dryer sheets in my backpack and it worked great. I think I changed the sheets once in a couple years and it still worked, it just didn't smell like the Snuggle bear anymore.

wow.. that rociks!!!.. we can be that creative with mini grow box along with that farboic softer stuffin in as mini carbon exhaust!!

lol awesome. Just remember dryer sheets don't destroy odours, only mask them and ona blocks are cheap.

those sheets turn brown if you blow smoke through them a lot. but they still mask the scent no matter how old they are

Tater said:
lol awesome. Just remember dryer sheets don't destroy odours, only mask them and ona blocks are cheap.

Yeah, like I said, it will work now, and in the future until the smell gets too crazy, which is when I will be making a DIY Ona bucket :)

Latest posts

Back