Feds Target Calif Pot Dispensaries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hXXp://www.news10.net/news/pdf/fed-pot-crackdown.pdf

This is the actual "scare letter" they sent. Haha...I dealt with R&R for a short time, but I knew dude was a punk. He got what he deserved.

Straight up, they are throwing a pint of water on a forest fire.

Will this deter folks? Sure. That is what the Feds want. It will curtail alot of landlords from renting to MMJ folk, which is a HUGE trend I am seeing. Property owners LOOKING for MMJ folks to rent to. We pay on time and pay cash.

More to say, but dinner time.

Let's call a spade a spade. Cali is no role model for med mj. They have abused it to death. I was out there two weeks ago and the 2nd disp I went into let me buy. The next day I went to a Cali doc and I now how a valid Cali med card, with no id or proof of living there. It is a sham there, let's face it... and it's such a joke I can see why it pees off the Feds. The doc I saw was a quack from a soap opera. His last statement was "Now young lady, marijuana is not a cure all." YES SIR! You can't defend stupid, well except some folks in northern Cali - which I did get to visit BTW, saw some grows and a trim session... I do have a connection there Hal... and I'm certainly not clueless as you might want to believe.

There are a few bad eggs and they will all be dealt with. Every dispensary I've been too has made sure that I had my recommendation as well as an ID, and in some small cases, my actually MMIC. If a place even looks "shady", I don't bother and move on to the next one.

It's nice to know you went back home New Girl and got the heck out of my state, as we don't need any more federal sympathisers.
Lets call your thinking what it is....conservitive.
What you call abuse I call our rights as American citizens.

Too late also, Cali is leading the way...again.

So I suppose you saw legit grows huh? I am sure your "friends" here are following the letter of the law and growing for personal use.....

Maybe, if you were awake, you saw a small part of a huge industry that has no Federal guidelines in place and in fact, an Industry that is allowed under State Law but is completely illegal under Federal law.

That is what this is about, not your personal conservitive veiw of what you think is right and wrong.

This is about forcing the Feds to react, be it to imprision folks or change thier policy. Maybe if you get your way, we can all go to jail. Makes me ill.

The New Girl said:
Let's call a spade a spade. Cali is no role model for med mj. They have abused it to death. I was out there two weeks ago and the 2nd disp I went into let me buy. The next day I went to a Cali doc and I now how a valid Cali med card, with no id or proof of living there. It is a sham there, let's face it... and it's such a joke I can see why it pees off the Feds. The doc I saw was a quack from a soap opera. His last statement was "Now young lady, marijuana is not a cure all." YES SIR! You can't defend stupid, well except some folks in northern Cali - which I did get to visit BTW, saw some grows and a trim session... I do have a connection there Hal... and I'm certainly not clueless as you might want to believe.

I had just the opposite happen when i was there. I had a MMJ card for Cali. i tried three different dispensary's that would not sell to me as i didn't have a state drivers liscense or other ID. I finally found a nice delivery service that checked out my MMj card and delivered.
I thought they were great "role models for MMJ"

You go NCH... As cali goes so does the NW. for the most part. Let us know what we can do to help.

Rosebud said:
I had just the opposite happen when i was there. I had a MMJ card for Cali. i tried three different dispensary's that would not sell to me as i didn't have a state drivers liscense or other ID. I finally found a nice delivery service that checked out my MMj card and delivered.
I thought they were great "role models for MMJ"

You go NCH... As cali goes so does the NW. for the most part. Let us know what we can do to help.

I'm gonna guess it's the area you're in more than anything.

Hal, keep your head up and your rear covered, my friend! Sounds like you'd better cover your wallet too...lol

Now, that's a dangerous job, mmj delviery driver...WOW!

NorCalHal maybe if you didn't constantly come across as a berating ******* people would listen to you. If you are any example of what the cali medical scene is like I am glad you are on the other side of the country from me. I think you also also vastly over estimate peoples resolve if the feds start handing out 60 year prison terms. You dont get a 2nd go round at life and I dont know anyone who wants to sit in a cell for any cause.

Herm said:
I think you also also vastly over estimate peoples resolve if the feds start handing out 60 year prison terms. You dont get a 2nd go round at life and I dont know anyone who wants to sit in a cell for any cause.

Hi Herm, thanks for dropping in. Trust me my angry friend, it is not just my resolve, it is the majority of folks here.
I am but a small fish in a huge pond. From what the Feds are saying and doing, I am not at risk. The true hero's are the dispensary owners standing out in public pushing the envelope.

Your statement above says it all about your understanding of the Industry.

I actually sat and thought about this today for a bit. What irratates me to no end is folk's "Idea" of what MMJ is supposed to be.

I am GLAD I live in a state and a cluelees girl from another state can come and go to a Dispensary and buy herb.

I am proud of the doctor that gave that girl legal protection to smoke up in my beloved State.

And yet, the girl berates our system and denounces it.

Thats the thing people, it should be allowed for all anyway, and our MMJ system is set up that way, to protect anyone who darn well wants it.

What you call a sham, I call not enough.

IMHO, I think other states that restrict who can and cannot get MMJ are just skirting the real issue.

Call me what you want, what can I say, I have MARIJUANA PASSION.

The real issue has been on the news, complete with signs and such they say are advertisements of dispensaries (I already know, you're gonna say they themselves made the signs to make dispensaries look bad). They're talking about the same things NEW GIRL is saying here....but guess what, they're saying it where others can see it...

Been telling you, it's about perception...and Unc Sam and other states are seeing what's going on, it's WHY we're having our troubles (yet you're mavericks). Keep riding, my friend...

I believe the real issue is that a person should have the right to do as they please as long as it does not harm another person.Just my $0.02 :bolt::bong:

You lost me a little Roddy with the "signs and advertisements".
We have full blown TV advertisements daily on major networks. This is bad?

Again, like I have been telling you my friend, We don't really care about how other states perceive our MMJ laws. MMJ law in ALL other states is never discussed.
Again man, it was US, the CALI VOTERS who passed 215 the way we did.
It was passed to allow virtually anyone the right to smoke herb and be protected. I am flabbergasted in the fact that outside folks see this as bad, particulary tokers.

IE, what if we had passed the legalization of MJ to all adults a couple of years ago. It seemed that EVERYONE on the board here wanted that to pass.
Just think what the Feds would be doing right now. They would be freaking out busting everyone is my guess.
But yet, all of you on this board would be behind us 100%

That is why I trip. We basically passed laws protecting folks from State level prosicution, but had to name it "Medical Marijuana" in order to get it passed. This started a NATIONWIDE trend with other states following suit.
Our law allowed cultivation and distribution, along with legal protection. Medical conditions listed were pretty much wide open for any doctor to give a Rec to anyone over the age of 18 to get thier Rec. This is/was the next best thing to full legalization. We fought the State on many levels to allow Dispensaries to distribute, and won.

Now the States that passed thier own "mmj" laws are pointing the finger at us and telling us that we are too lenient.

Again, think if we had passed full legaization 2 years ago. What would you all be saying now.

It's the friggin same thing man. As far as Cali, it is LEGAL everything that is going on. There has been no State level prosecutions, because it is legal under state law.

So, Cali, AGAIN, is fighting for your rights. It is going to take more Californians to go to prison to get the Feds to set up some sort of Federal regulation. That will be the next step.

The troubles you and your State are having are your own, not ours. You boys jumped at the first MMJ bill thrown your way and are cryin' about it being so restrictive. You all passed it, live with it, or change it.

Again, I am proud to live in a state where we are pushing the envelope.

Not to worry Roddy, when we win and get the Feds to change, you can thank me then.

You Cali people pretend your crap doesn't stink....wake up.

Maybe you should watch some CNN or MSNBC or FOX or HEADLINE NEWS....

It's not the other states HAL, WAKE UP....

And Hal, you're right, and I have said this a few times now, we are all along for the ride...whether we're liking the ride or not. Sure hope the driver has enough sense to get us where we want to go.

NorCalHal said:
The troubles you and your State are having are your own, not ours. You boys jumped at the first MMJ bill thrown your way and are cryin' about it being so restrictive. You all passed it, live with it, or change it.

You've said this one so many times, I'm beginning to think you actually believe it. Hmmm, so all the other states got it wrong, just Cali had the brains to get it right? :rofl: :rofl:

No man, the damned waters were so muddy from all the crap Cali was pulling, we were lucky to even get it on the ballot....thanks!

Hal,

How do you think the fight for completely legalizing marijuana, on both the state and federal fronts, is going to go in the future, if the dispensary owners and prescribing physicians can't follow the regulations put in place before them? That makes you proud? Why would it make you proud when it is harming our progress in turning around the assbackwards legalities concerning marijuana in our nation? I am in 100% agreement with you that we should not be prohibited in smoking the herb from a plant that grows out of the ground from a seed, much like we are not prohibited to drink alcohol. But, my friend, being proud of these peoples' blatant disregard for following rules and regulations isn't right, in my opinion It is only proving to the federal government that legalizing it would create more problems than it would solve. And that's exactly why the feds are cracking down on marijuana dispensaries in Cali - as I see it, anyways. While Cali may be "fighting for our rights," those few dispensaries and physicians are counterproductive in that fight. Get rid of them.

-nasty

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHITE HOUSE CALL-IN CAMPAIGN AGAINST OBAMA'S WAR ON MEDICAL
MARIJUANA: TUES OCT 11

***Distribute far and wide
Flood the White House Hot Line - Tell Obama to stop wasting federal
enforcement resources on medical marijuana. Phone 202-456-1111
Tues Oct 11th (6am - 2pm PDT) Vent you opinion after the holiday
weekend ; if you can't get through Tuesday Oct 11, keep calling!
Let's make sure that marijuana is the number one thing the President
hears about. E-mail address: xxx.whitehouse.gov/contact.
On-line petitions:

<hXXps://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitio...cal-cannabis-dispensaries-california/FkSf2Y1w
>

hXXp://www.change.org/petitions/oba...rijuana-activities?share_id=KLQrBRnZnr&pe=pce

Cal NORML Release

getnasty said:
Hal,

How do you think the fight for completely legalizing marijuana, on both the state and federal fronts, is going to go in the future, if the dispensary owners and prescribing physicians can't follow the regulations put in place before them? That makes you proud? Why would it make you proud when it is harming our progress in turning around the assbackwards legalities concerning marijuana in our nation? I am in 100% agreement with you that we should not be prohibited in smoking the herb from a plant that grows out of the ground from a seed, much like we are not prohibited to drink alcohol. But, my friend, being proud of these peoples' blatant disregard for following rules and regulations isn't right, in my opinion It is only proving to the federal government that legalizing it would create more problems than it would solve. And that's exactly why the feds are cracking down on marijuana dispensaries in Cali - as I see it, anyways. While Cali may be "fighting for our rights," those few dispensaries and physicians are counterproductive in that fight. Get rid of them.

-nasty

In his eyes, they're doing absolutely nothing wrong, my friend. They're mavericks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back