Fert prob??!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowberry

Green God
Reaction score

I recently fertillized my girls (2 indica, i sativa) with BOtanicare pro veg (3,1.5,4) 1.5tbs/gal for a plant that was in mature vergitation was the reccomended dose. I used half of the regular dose. My girls are about 1 2/3 months old. This was the first time that i have ever fertilized my girls. The reason i fertilized was because my lower fan leaves were yellowing and dying. The fertilizer seemed to stop that problem, but a new one has occured. my indicas' leaves seem to be fine. But my sativa(which is about 10 inches taller than my indicas)which is about 3 feet tall is exhibiting some burnt looking leaf edges on the very top of the plant(where new branches form). Its very scarce but uts occuring on a few leaves. :fly: :fly:

Use pure water next watering to clear it up. Prolly over nuted her. Some strains do this easily.

P.s. Pics will help us more :D

:postpicsworthless:

Are the leaves heat stressed from the light?

Alistair Young said:
Are the leaves heat stressed from the light?

I dont think its heat stresss because i use ott-lites (flourescent). Is it possible to have heat stress from flourescent lights??

Most sativa's cant handle as many nutes as indica so you'll probably have to use different strength's. the standard around here for the most part is anytime you introduce nutes, start with 1/4 strength ana slowly bump it up. sounds like your doin everything right, the sativa just couldn't take as much so she let ya know;) JMO...temps?

More heat "burn", probabilistically not heat "stress" though. CFL's produce almost no heat. Just feed them a pure water supplement next watering. Let us know if is gets worse or stops or what :D

Im using pureblend pro grow as well, and like you my indicas seem to love the stuff at FULL strength, I did at one point notice my leaves lacking a little N, then i upped the dosage to full strength and noticed just the smallest portion of the tip of the leaves looking burnt, so i stopped there and they are thriving, but remember one strain may be more tolerant and i believe sativas are a little sensitive. All in all, i love botanicare, my first grow and they are loving it!

PS when you water them in between ferts you may want add a little bit of nutes, just saying, if you water heavily like i do you may be leaching the soil of excess nutrients, and a little nutes in the water will help keep something in the soil for the plants to suckle on between full dosages of nutes.

also a good way to lower your ph to about 6.2-6.3 since pureblend pro is a little on the acidic side, that way your not using any ph down.

JBonez said:
also a good way to lower your ph to about 6.2-6.3 since pureblend pro is a little on the acidic side, that way your not using any ph down.

What... I dont follow, are you saying that i could run a risk of becoming acidic. What are some of the signs of acidic soil. Everything seems to be fine with my girls, i guess i just want you to run that last part by me again.:fly:

im just saying that water "should" have a natural ph of 7, but either way, if you use pureblend like me, then you would notice that pureblend drops the ph dramatically when mixed into the water.

You want the water you give to your plants to be a ph of about 6.3, so when watering in between feedings, use a little of your nutes to lower the ph, it wont be enough to over fert them but its better than using ph down, plus you get the benefit of some nutes between feedings.

Latest posts

Back