First Grow Ever!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey brother they are looking great.

Just wanted to let you know... Those babies are right on the edge of over fert. Lay the phd water to them a cpl times before feeding again.

Looking good man!!!!

trillions of atoms said:
Hey brother they are looking great.

Just wanted to let you know... Those babies are right on the edge of over fert. Lay the phd water to them a cpl times before feeding again.

Looking good man!!!!

Thanks for pointing that out...I see it now that you mention it.

I am probably 2-3 weeks from chop...so ill just stop nuting all together now...thanks!

Houston, we may have a problem.

Went to water today......there are little yellow leaves growing out of 1/3 of the buds. The plant is doing VERY well despite some nute burn as mentioned above by TOA.

Nugs are solid and I may be paranoid, but could that be a hermie trait? Iam at 7 1/2 weeks flowering.

Its normal for leaves to grow out of the buds, just make sure their leaves and not nanners. :)

HappyHead said:
sorry to be a spoiler, but i'd skip the autos,....regardless.

You can veg a photo period plant for 28 days, and if you pick the right strain, you can flower it out in say 56-70 days...That puts you at 84 days on the short side of things, which is about where the auto's claim to be anyway.

Like said, I feel the 'lacking potency' of all auto's will surely disappoint you in the end......really.

Good luck with what you decide :)

I appreciate the advice, and it is ALWAYS welcome! I already have the beans. So I might as well give it a go. I just dont have the setup for a separate flower area, too much work yet to be done in my basement until that can be done.

i just ran 4 autos and they are a wate of time and water nutes effort yeild sucks
ran crit cheese and 3 auto #1 the crit looks ok in cure the #1's look like trash like i may give em away no trimed still growing as gifts

N.E.wguy said:
i just ran 4 autos and they are a wate of time and water nutes effort yeild sucks
ran crit cheese and 3 auto #1 the crit looks ok in cure the #1's look like trash like i may give em away no trimed still growing as gifts

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I am using FFOF/LW and am not going to run nutes at all on the auto's. Just straight water all the way out.

I am actually expecting them to disappoint me, but I am challenged to make sure that does not happen.

Update pics coming soon!

I figure about one more week then its go time. Trichomes are clear right now, pistils are gettting mostly amber. Buds are filled out...dont really see it adding any girth.

The little ones are my autos.

The autos are vegging under a 150W HPS and almost 22k lumens from 6500K Cfl'S. They are only one week of showing real leaves. So I geuss 2 more then its flower time? Flower time will be under the 400W HPS in my tent.

I have 3 months now that I can plan and build my next grow area...which will be the flowering tent.

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

budz4me said:
That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I am using FFOF/LW and am not going to run nutes at all on the auto's. Just straight water all the way out.

I am actually expecting them to disappoint me, but I am challenged to make sure that does not happen.

You are absolutely going to have to use nutes if you want to get anything at all out of this. There is no way that the FFOF is going to feed those plants for the 10-12 weeks it is going to take them to finish. I am going to repeat this in case you don't realize how serious this is....There is NO way...

Point taken! So, OF/LW being organic..what nutes would you recommend so that I dont ruin the organic life in the soil?

Im pretty sure FF Big bloom is organic and Tiger bloom is not. Would just BB be enough?

BTW: as far as my flowering plant....I checked the trichomes today, I got about 1/4 milky/3/4 clear. But the leaves are falling off at an alarming rate....just yellowing and falling right off, I dont think it can go much longer. PIC IS a few posts up.......thoughts?

are you feeding her nutes? also since your using FF nutes have you done a water flush to clean out built up salts? could be a reason shes yellowing so much and dropping leaves, btw when plants yellow and drop leafs like that its a dead give away they are lacking nutes thus killin off unnecessary parts, if your using organic soils look into and organic line of nutes, maybe General Hydros "General Organic" line, its what i use, and works great, its all organic and infact all but 1 of the optional nutes are vegan as well...

sunakard2000 said:
are you feeding her nutes? also since your using FF nutes have you done a water flush to clean out built up salts? could be a reason shes yellowing so much and dropping leaves, btw when plants yellow and drop leafs like that its a dead give away they are lacking nutes thus killin off unnecessary parts, if your using organic soils look into and organic line of nutes, maybe General Hydros "General Organic" line, its what i use, and works great, its all organic and infact all but 1 of the optional nutes are vegan as well...

Yes I stopped using FF nute line 2 weeks ago. My main concern is the race against time I seem to have encountered due to the recent hermy traits that I have seen develop. I have no seeds yet...but i am sure they are not far away.

are you absoutly sure you have nanners growing outta the buds? are you sure its not just light bleached and/or nitrogen deficient leafs trying to grow. the previous pics of the larger plants its hard to tell, but i dont see anything nanner lookin...

If a strain has the trait...a perfect time for it to pop out is being stressed/underfed/ph issue.. etc

Yes I am 100% sure, I just pulled 3 seeds off today (they were still small and green). Trichomes are almost 1/2 cloudy. like 40% cloudy.

I am chopping her now before I get a ton of seeds. I also need to have time to clean the area before I move my auto's in there. They are 1 1/2 weeks old.

sunakard2000 said:

hxxp://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Box-Starter-Kit/dp/B004PS4B08/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381445587&sr=8-1&keywords=general+hydro+general+organic

is this what you are suggesting?

budz4me said:
Yes I stopped using FF nute line 2 weeks ago. My main concern is the race against time I seem to have encountered due to the recent hermy traits that I have seen develop. I have no seeds yet...but i am sure they are not far away.

I never stop nutes 2 weeks before. This is what happens--they run out of food before they are done. I also never flush. To me, it is like asking a marathon runner to fast 2 weeks before the big race. You are asking your plants to put on weights and become dense--plants need food to bud. After a proper dry and cure, you cannot taste any difference between plants that were starved and those that had food up until the end. You are better taking a plant when it is ready and risking some seeds than you are taking it early to try and prevent fertilization.

yes sir thats what i was talkin about, i started with that Go Box, but just remember its just a starter kit it gives your a little of everything, but you will defently need to buy more probably Quart size. youll go through more CalMag then any of the others, and the one youll use the least is the Bio Bud, half a tsp per gal, so its quite expensive in quart size but that quart will last a year or more lol... all bottles in quart size run around 17-20 bucks per, except the bio bud its like 50 bucks a quart, but like i said you use so little it lasts for ever. good stuff thats for sure, i rotate in a stump tea with mycro inbetween nutes and my girls are lovin it.

THG, thank you very much for your input. I thought I did enough research before I started...apparently, according to my results thus far.....that proved to be not enough.

The plant is hanging and drying now. I removed all the fan leaves and "popcorn" buds, the latter are drying in the tent with the rest of the plant.

I will report how it is and will remember everyones advice on round 2.

I now have a lot of clean up work to do and lots of rearranging.

SK2000: thanks for the tip. I am almost out of FFBB anyways, so I will look into that lineup. Im starting to think organic is the way to go.

Latest posts

Back