first grow journal mango from nl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evz355

evz355
Reaction score
hey all just thought i would do a grow journal seeing as i got some good seed know. its my second grow just finished building a grow box for them.i have a 250 mh for veg and a 250 hps for flower they are under a t5 fluro at the moment and i was thinking i would put them in bigger pots in about a week or so and put them in there new home. i got 10 mango seeds from nl and they also sent me 5 free 1s not sure exactly what they are i think they are some kind of afghan strain not to sure.i sprouted using a sticky i found by jbonez in the germinating tech section and it worked realy well 3 seeds 3 seedlings 100% and very easy.any way here is a photo at day 4. (sprouted on the 25/7) thats just a little note for me. and i put a photo of a cool van i seen while i was out

rise against 001.jpg

rise against 002.jpg

just a little up date got the ladies into there new home now and they are doing well.built the box they are in what do use think.you can see in the 5th picture the passive intakes and you can see in the 6th picture in the top right hand side the cpu fan which sucks air out of the box and the tempreture gauge next to that with the sensor sitting near the top of the pots.

rise against 001.jpg

rise against 002.jpg

rise against 003.jpg

rise against 004.jpg

rise against 006.jpg

rise against 007.jpg

hey all just got some new photos and i got some questions so any1 please chime in.my question is i water my plants with rainwater adjusted to ph 6.7 6.8 i tested the run off and got a ph of 6.19, 6.17, and 5.97. what should i do to get the soil ph up.also these are all mango but one of the ladies has leaves which look very different to the other 2 not as fat as the other 2 any ideas why? it looks like a different strain?

rise against 001.jpg

rise against 002.jpg

rise against 003.jpg

rise against 004.jpg

rise against 005.jpg

rise against 006.jpg

rise against 007.jpg

If the ph of the run off is low, adjust your water ph higher prior to watering.

They may look different b/c of the different phenos showing of the plants they used to make the seeds.

Good Luck I hope to keep track of your grow...I have some mango seeds and not quite ready for them yet....thanks

:ciao: MOJO for little ones..Thanks for shareing with Us. They look wonderfull..heep it up...and KEEP M GREEN:D

thanks all i will keep updated with pics. i have read a lot of threads but will prob be asking heaps of questions to any one who wants to help

pcduck said:
If the ph of the run off is low, adjust your water ph higher prior to watering.

what ph do you think i should start at with the water and what should the run off ph of the soil be:aok:

hey just another update and a question. i have noticed that the first set of leaves (the single ones) are going a bit yellow the rest of the plant looks good though is this normal? or am i seeing the beginnings of a problem. i topped my 2 tall ones yesterday and left the 3rd one go as it is. i cant get over how different the 3rd one looks the shape of the leaves are different the colour of the leaves are different and it is growing a lot shorter and bushier than the other 2 yet its the same strain do use still think its the different phenos.if you are wondering why they look bent its because i had them outside to water them and its a little windy today.the run off is sitting between 6.46 and 6.57 ph if that helps and this watering has been only the second time i have feed them nutes. the soil i got is an osmicote brand and it says it will feed the plant for up to 6 months what do use think about that good or bad? i have numbered the plants and circled the leaves which i mean to

rise against 001.jpg

rise against 002.jpg

rise against 003.jpg

rise against 004.jpg

rise against 005.jpg

rise against 006.jpg

rise against 007.jpg

rise against 008.jpg

rise against 009.jpg

rise against 010.jpg

Nice! I have really wanted to see how thw M-S.nl mango comes out. When will you flip her?

i will be flowering in 2 weeks just want to give the girls some time to recover from the topping i gave them

flowering at 6 weeks. Thats quick cycles. Good job so far. All looks good!

MOJO 4 u

do you think 6 weeks is to early to start flowering? how long do you usually veg for? just worried about space i was thinking i could do some lst if they got to big but can you start lst mid flower

Depends on your grow room space and if from seed or clones.

Seeds I like to wait to the show maturity and clones I veg from 10 days to 2 weeks

by show maturity do you mean alternating nodes or showing sex

evz355 said:
by show maturity do you mean alternating nodes or showing sex

alternating nodes

HI,

You have a great start to your grow EVZ... They're some very healthy looking babies but you may want to re think your soil mix. The problem in using the osmocote soil with marijuana is........ say you use a vegetative formula in your potting mix. It releases its food, and your plant is doing well. When it's time to switch to flowering nutes what do you do? You can't get the Osmacote out- it's mixed into the soil. I would stay away from any time released fertilizers. You really have no control of the release times or the dosing amounts. If you haven't got any of the MJ preferred nutrients available, you should find a good organic fertilizer from your local garden center or home improvement store. If you can find Alaskan Fish fertilizer, when used as directed, you will get good results, without burning your plants. They have a grow and flower version, and its organic. Otherwise, ebay has Fox Farms, which is a top choice for MJ.

I'd suggest transplanting them into some soil without time released ferts. How long have they been in those pots? If you recently tranplanted them you might be able to take a small amount of soil around the root ball if the roots are not too developed in those pots. A high quality organic soil like Foxfarm Ocean Forest can be used right out of the bag with little or no nute feedings to get great results. I've used 1/4 to 1/3 strength nutes with FFOF and had extremely dank results and I know some growers who use FFOF without any added nutes and they have some very dank and tasty bud but a little less yield than when they do use some light nutes to give the plants a gentle nudge during flowering. Or a great alternative is FFOF mixed 50/50 or 2:1 with Foxfarm Light Warrior medium and some added chunky perlite makes a less 'hot' soil mix that will accept slightly more agressive nute feedings.

But... there are lots of high quality soils that cost less. I've heard pretty good things about Miracle Gro Organic soil and that mix or any organic soil would be a much better choice than the slow release fert soil you are growing in now. The only time released ferts that marijuana loves IME is organic nute amendments that are added to a high quality organic soil mix. Organic additives like bloom bat guano, rock phosphates, bone meal and blood meal make mj happy, happy, happy... A rich organic soil provides all the plants need for nutrition and if you choose to supplement their feeding from a bottle it should be an organic nute and used at 1/4 to 1/3 strength to avoid overfertilization.

If you use your osmocote soil through flowering they will more than likely have too much N late into flower and may not finish ripening properly. Also... if you feed them any nutes from a bottle in this mix I wouldn't go past 1/4 strength and they probably don't need any nutes while in veg unless they show signs of a deficiency...

Happy Growing!:cool:

thanks heaps for the advice DOL. I have noticed that i can see roots starting to show at the drain holes how would you suggest that i transplant these girls? and should i put them in bigger pots. when i transplant i just put a hole the same size as the pot it is in and put them in the new pot with the old soil still around so i dont disturb the roots but it sounds like i should get rid of the soil around them at the moment. is that going to stress the ladies to much?

Latest posts

Back