First grow one week into flower and a question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkdman

Reaction score
Hi all - Im just under one week into flower and Ive identified 2 of my plants as female (hooray) and am about 85% sure with the other.

Here they are...My first attempt at growing ( bagseed ):hubba:

Female # 1
View attachment 27757

Female #2
View attachment 27756

Still unsure - but hopefull
View attachment 27758

All 3
View attachment 27759

Im curious - Im in Big Pots now and I didnt think I would need to transplant again however, roots seem to be poking out the holes at the bottom again.....should I transplant or leavew it alone?

Thanks again...

TKDMAN:holysheep:

What size pots are they into now?I start my plants in 4 inch pots and then when i start to give them nutes they will either go into a 4 or 5 gallon pot,depending on what strain i am growing.But if you are seeing roots coming out the bottom,IMHO you should transplant.Hope this helps.Keep it GREEN:D

I believe they are in 3 Gallon Pots....

I guess if Im gonna do it I better do it tomorrow......

Darn I didnt think I would have to transplant again.

TKDMAN

You are doing a great job, man. If you don't have a grow journal, you should start one. I'd like to watch your plants progress. :)

ill start a grow journal tonight...

Any tips on trsansplanting plants in big Pots....

My hands are only so big...:hubba:

TKDMAN

Just be very careful and dig it out with your hands, trying not to break any roots. Don't try to pull it up by the stem.

3 gallon pots are more than enough.

No need to transplant.

Hooray!!

So the roots sticking out the side arent a problem then?

I put up my grow journal as well for those interested...

TKDMAN

Not to sure if it really does work but ive heard you can trim the roots back a little , but ive also heard it dont matter if they grow out of it .....but also it could depend on how far down you put the plant the last time you repotted them , i mean if you never covered the bottom of the pot with atleast 3inches of soil then thats bound to happen :) GL

maybe you didn`t put enough soil in the bottom of the 3 gallon pots before transplant, so the roots are growing to the base of the pot quick-style.
i`ve also heard that you can "trim" the roots back, but i`ve never actually done it so i can`t comment.
your doing a great job man, when transplanting into the bigger pots, just be carefull and do it gently, and the plant will not be stressed by it.
good luck dude.

Latest posts

Back