First Grow, Type?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgreg13

Reaction score
Greeting to all! I am soon going to start my first grow. It will be a stealth fridge LED grow. I've done my homework and made my choice so please, no comments about the LED choice. My fridge is currently in testing with some ordinary flowers and running smoothly so far.

I am doing this as much for a hobby/project as anything else. I don't actually care for the stuff much myself but the spouse does :D and I enjoy the challenge.

I have some feminized beans in AK47, Kaya Gold and Snow White. I was thinking about one of each for the first attempt. Can anyone advise for or against this choice? Are any of them easier or harder?

Thanks muchly in advanced. I have learned a lot here!

Read read read! Those are some fantastic strains your gonna start with. I would do research on your stains, hieght, nute sesitivity, etc. There are some great grow journals with led so give it a go if thats your choice. Don't have any grows with those strains but there is a ton of info on growing them here. I would start with general growing and go from there, read all sticky's! Growing MJ is alot different from flowers but your misses will enjoy some of the best grown bud in her life! Good luck and green be with ya.

and, to add, this is a mj growing site, you will get those led comments you speak of bro. no offense, but we've seen it all, but that one little claim, of leds growing anything resembling bud...

change my mind. it's been tried. i have'nt seen one complete led grow on here yet. 2 years...

i think they all got frustrated, and left, because of all the wild, crazy claims they made, about thier led grow...then, when it was time to flower, and add flowering nutes, BAM, they disappeared...happens everytime...know why?

me neither...

but hey, good luck anyway...

Aww, give LEDs a break Irish, they have their place in a grow room: on the vegging side. (and there has been ONE grow on this site that worked well with LEDs, but it was like 3 UFOs over just like two smaller plants or something, it was a little while back)

Anyways, what kind of LED set up are you using, how many, placement ect., I'm quite curious. Pics are always a plus when you're talking about a fridge stealth grow with LEDs, I mean, who doesn't want to see a fridge setup?

The AK 47 has spacious fan leaves that let alot of light penetrate lower through the canopy, and with LEDs you want all the help you can getting that light down the plant. Snow White looks managable too but I think the AK would give the most canopy penetration, and Kaya gold I think might stretch too much for good led friedge use. That being said I might just consider doin AK for this grow seein as I think they'll get the most out of your LEDs. It will be far easier to dial in the nutes for just one strain as well. Anyways, I'm just ramblin, good luck!

Hey blancolighter, is AK47 pretty pungent in the grow room? I have thought about this strain before.

It's not as stinky as some, but it still would need a filter in my opinion. It's not overwhelming or like "oh dang!" but it's still noticeable.

hmmmm...My AK47 stinks, I got 6 going right now, my dead buddy grew I don't know how many packs of it and all his stunk to. I'm sure there are worse but my house smells like I have a pet skunk right now, and I'm only in week 3 of flowering it. Yes, I have a carbon filter to, but I still get the smell in the house cause I can't quit looking in there...lol...definately want a filter with it IMO, and I keep a jar of Ona by the front door incase someone knocks I can get the house smelling like clean laundry really quick. Just my 2cents

My AK47 stinks up my house as well and I have 3 carbon filters,glade in alot of the plugs and candles lit alot. It even stinks in veg compared to most others I have grown. my .2

IDK. I wish you luck man. I really like them. I am sure one day some smart kid is gonna create something that leaves all our ballasts in the garage with all the other collectives. Wish ya luck!

PS, this comes last cause I dot want to derail your thread with AK questions. But since your thinking of popping a bean, I can tell you as I just finished a large AK47 grow. It stinks bad. Have very good ventilation.

captain1 said:
My AK47 stinks up my house as well and I have 3 carbon filters,glade in alot of the plugs and candles lit alot. It even stinks in veg compared to most others I have grown. my .2

Mine stunk in veg to

Ha, I guess anything growing around a Sensi Star smells pretty tame in comparison, Sensi Star is some rank bud, and It's what I compare all my other bud to, maybe I should change that...

Thanks for the opinions. Pics coming soon and I will probably do a journal when I get going. I am fine tuning the fridge right now. Yesterday I received my last piece of equipment and fired up the unit all night. This morning I was holding a steady 85 degrees so some more venting is in order. Humidity is at 45% which should be good.

I am using one 90 watt Generation 3 UFO that is supposedly engineered to the specs of my supplier. I have about 7 square feet in two compartments. I will be honest about the LED as I proceed. I don't know what to expect but it will be a fun ride no matter the outcome!

I'm being pretty stupid about my fridge. I planned it for a long time but when I finally actually got the fridge I had a change of heart. I was envisioning a beat up rusty thing that I was going to attack with a saws all. What I picked up (for free) was a VERY clean unit in excellent visual condition. It had a blown compressor but I was removing that anyway.

Now I didn't just want it to work, I wanted it to be as stealth as possible and be visually appealing. I wanted the minimum number of holes in the shell and none on the sides, top or front. Like I said, pics soon!

Still undecided on the flavor. I am leaning towards 2 or 3 AK47's. Maybe 3 and then keep going with the healthiest 2? I have carbon can built in and a negative pressure air flow so I'm not too concerned about odor.

sounds like you did a lil homework. i can only suggest that seeing this is your 1st grow id only grow 1 strain @ a time due to different feeding requirements. im tuning in for this one for sure.

you just reminded me of stoneybud & his led project. come to think of it i havent seen hiim around. anybody seen him?

mgreg13 said:
Greeting to all! I am soon going to start my first grow. It will be a stealth fridge LED grow. I've done my homework and made my choice so please, no comments about the LED choice. My fridge is currently in testing with some ordinary flowers and running smoothly so far.

I am doing this as much for a hobby/project as anything else. I don't actually care for the stuff much myself but the spouse does :D and I enjoy the challenge.

I have some feminized beans in AK47, Kaya Gold and Snow White. I was thinking about one of each for the first attempt. Can anyone advise for or against this choice? Are any of them easier or harder?

Thanks muchly in advanced. I have learned a lot here!

I know you dont want a comment on the LED's well guess what i have to.. lol
Keep them under 18" when you flower and you will have nice buds.... any bigger they wil get stringy and stretch.. so i would advice to LST the plants to keep them under 18" or flower them early or do a lowryder...
the reason i say thins is the LED's dont have the penatration paower the other lights have.... so keep em close 2-3" away and you should be fine..
good lucka and happy growing
LH

PuffinNugs said:
thats the problem, you cant get them that close, if they are too close the single led lights do mix properly and the plants suffer. i recommend atleast 6 inches MIN. i noticed increased growth at around 15" above the plants(growth, not stretch ;) ) maybe the single spectrum leds can get close like that but the tri spectrums no good for that.

IMO if you cant get it 2-3" worthless.. if i can get my 400w HPS down to 8" of me plants hmmmmmmm makes ya wonder... the 400 uses a lil more power but..
how do your plants look past 2" with only leds not flours no cfls in there just the UFO... bcause all the led grows out there are spindily looking ladies ugly stringy things.. sure they look great at the start.. like yours ... then you get into 2-3' and they look like shet.. lol not to argue..
why run the ufo when t5s sound like they do better then the ufo's..
LH

Latest posts

Back