first grow.. wanna flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deuce

Reaction score
ok i got my 4 GDP clones 4weeks in... i got 3 300 watt cfls and i may add 2 warm whites... but i dont know if i will have the money for it... if not oh well.. i also got 2 fans... one for fresh air and one exhausting.. and i wanna go into flowering next week... my watering schedule lands tomorrow so should i still water and keep the same watering schedule??? what do i need to do besides turn 12/12 to go into flowering??? all i know is to turn the lights to 12/12 and thats it... so please any other tips or info i need to know to flower please inform me... thanx everyone..

if you are using CFLs make sure they are warm sprctrum. If you have the cash you can get a 150W HPS for $32 delivered to your door. You just have to do a lil rewiring

econolight dot com

SmokeyMcSmokester said:
if you are using CFLs make sure they are warm sprctrum.
Doesn't absolutely need to be a warm spectrum. When I used to flower with CFL's, I would have pretty good success when I mixed spectrums (6500K/2300K). Just change to 12/12 and start using flower nutes, and you will be gravy. Good luck!

The difference between flowering with CFLs and a HPS is huge! If you can afford 2 more lights, buy 2 150W HPS instead of the CFLs, you will be rewarded with a substantially larger yield. I am expecting 5+ ozs off 2 plants I scrogged under 2 150W HPS.

I can post a link now..<yay>
this is a link for a 150W HPS light..its $32 delivered to your door..I would recommend getting some extra 150HPS light bulbs..They are only $6 on the website..You just have to do a lil rewiring..I made mine a cooltube

http://www.e-conolight.com/Product/EProductDetail.asp?ProductFamilyID=7&FGNumber=E-MT6H151G

MJPassCoolTube1.JPG

if I aim for the hps for flowering... don't I need bulbs and ballast??? and the reflection dome?? I hear it can go for about 150 bux... I duno if im able to get it in time... I may jus add 2 warm whites... and as for nutes.. im usin mg pottin soil and I don't use nutes since the high risk for nute burn with mg soil since it has the time release nutes... they look great .... should I use flower nutes even though I didn't use nutes for vegging??? I got sum dynagro flower nutes but im scared to use it when I flower since im usin mg soil.... whut do u guys think??? whut if I introduce the flower nutes really slowly????

SmokeyMcSmokester said:
I can post a link now..<yay>
this is a link for a 150W HPS light..its $32 delivered to your door..I would recommend getting some extra 150HPS light bulbs..They are only $6 on the website..You just have to do a lil rewiring..I made mine a cooltube

Ya, does this include a ballast? I surely assume not. I would like other opinions as to where to get cheap lights. I need one 200-500w MH and two 500-1000w HPS.

yes the lights come ready to go all you have to do is add a power cord.. 2 of them shipped to your door for $54.25 i think.. i started with cfls and got good results but nothing like the HPS. jmo

LegendaryGT said:
Ya, does this include a ballast? I surely assume not. I would like other opinions as to where to get cheap lights. I need one 200-500w MH and two 500-1000w HPS.
yes it does include the ballast. Its a vapor tight HPS light for harbors and tunnels..You just have to do some re-wiring. Its really simple tho.

Latest posts

Back