first hydro set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
k so ph is like 6.5 and ppm dropped to like 420 or some thing small drop offs

stupid htg t5 if off again pos ugh so i had to plug it directly into a 20amp outlet to get it back on ***/// so i hooked up 7 6500 cfl in the mean time seeing this is a normal occurrence and had to use my hps outlet for now zzzz so i left the 7 6500 on and the t5 it was blinding i had to leave the area hope the plants enjoy it

Either you got a short some where's or your over amped
Even if you on a 20A and using 18-19A this will spike some what.
Not always using 18-19A. May hit 20-21. Which trip. Stoping power. So even a minor surge will or can trip it.

I just went through this problem. But I was 4-5A under. I found that there was a plug from the room that was jumped to under my stairs in which I hade my veg room plugged into lol. So that was an easy fix for me.
LH.

i dont know hps is off fan is on med and i can run every thing in my op off this outlet but their pos t5 this whole thread has run fine elc wise lol till that fixture

Run it on other outlets.
Do you have a meter. I hate saying this. But if you have a meter you can see what it's actually drawing
I think my 600 w draws an extra 20-30 watts. To keep the constant 600.
Very odd. Cuz they should be like 1-2a max.
LH.

ya also i just read some thing about magnetic ballasts drawing more or some thing and just added one

this seems a nice safe place coffee table is burning down lol

i have a meter let me go see

ok so i have a voltage/ac meter is that what i need and i just touch it to the feed wire coming out of out let to light or strip etc?

Do you have a meter with a clamp.
If so then you just clamp around your power cord to ballast with it running it will tell you what your drawing.
N if you did the cord to your socket it will tell you what your bulb is drawing.
LH.

not a clamp one just reads ac or voltage by touching it to wire let me go look at it i was getting site area for #2 prepd

600(watts) divided by 110(volts) = 5.45 Amps

on 220 volts, it'd draw 2.72 amps.

DrFever said:
600(watts) divided by 110(volts) = 5.45 Amps

on 220 volts, it'd draw 2.72 amps.

:yeahthat:
But that should be posted on le ballast. If not Internet has it. :D
LH.

first off tho the ballast was not on just plugged in and is a 1k not 600, then there is about a full 6 way strip which the t5 was on with np.

nice to see you dr. always glad when u **** in :)

u have a 7amp pull constant and on ignition goes to about 9amps on a 120circuit, on a 240 u have 3.6 draw with a surge to 5 aprx. remeber it is always wise to leave at least 2 amps on the circuit for power on surge so you dont pop the breaker. no lights no plants. if u have any question what is on the plug circuit get a lamp and find the panel check the plug with the breaker and anything else that is on that breaker and remove uneccassary items, should allow you to dedicate it .

this is what i have
says AC VOLTS then 2 sides of #'s
hxxp://www.techtoolsupply.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TEL-FVD

the outlet is off the main panel and the oil furnace is next on the feed

i'm on 120

switched out an inline gfi with a better higher rated 3 way worked fine last 18 hrs or wtv

just flooded them and drained 6.4ph/ 386ppm (they are fully rooted i dont think they need a lower ph? or is still 5.8 the goal here? also top few out of res due to wicking not reaching the top and plants are so needy looking :(

what ppm/ph should i be watering my soil plants second week of flowering?

Hydro is 5.5-6.0. You need to get it down dude.
If your not getting good enough soaksge then try a longer feed or more per day. Gotta be some what patient
LH.

ya they went with out so were not happy i think will adjust ph and flood em tonight they look better then the sprouts :(

these plants came from being watered 6.7 ph in soil but will get it to the 5.8 and res is running warn at 78 :eek:

Did you freeze some jugs. If so. Get em in there.
LH.

Being in hydro the PH should go no higher than 6.2 and no lower than 5.2. Depending on the nutrients that you are running, you will see the PH drift either up or down. It seems like the GH 3part drifts up but Jungle Juice which I use drifts down. I would say to start them out at 5.8 and see which direction it drifts over a couple days. I set mine at 6.2 and let it drift down to 5.0 over a couple days then readjust the PH. I also run my ppm up to 600-700 for plants that are growing vigorously. However, If you just transplanted them from the cloner or from seedling containers then leave them at 350ish for about 5-7 days then bump up to 500ish for another week, then go to 700ish for another week. at that point, if they are growing vigorously and doing well, not showing any leaf burn or PH malfunction, then you can either bump to 900 and see how they do (if you are wanting them to get big) or leave them at 700ish until flowering. :)

Definitely get that water temp back down to 68-72fif at all possible. I use large jugs(1gal) of water that I freeze and continue to swap out with new every time I go in to check them. :)

yea down to 73/ph 5.8 check it later

70 res temp / 4.9ph on the over night drift down, 420 ppm

top fed them to soak all the way thru the median draining now.

definitely need to up cal mag on new run for new buckets, not having done that initially is showing on the biggest but all are still very healthy never really had any issue with xplant

lil ones looking better moved em under 4 cfls about 12" from them as the curl i suppose was due to heat?

Latest posts

Back