first hydro set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N.E.wguy said:
70 res temp / 4.9ph on the over night drift down, 420 ppm

top fed them to soak all the way thru the median draining now.

definitely need to up cal mag on new run for new buckets, not having done that initially is showing on the biggest but all are still very healthy never really had any issue with xplant

lil ones looking better moved em under 4 cfls about 12" from them as the curl i suppose was due to heat?

You could be seeing a def from not feeding them along with having your ph as high as it was it will make c/m less available.
LH

ya i fed em last night the yellowing of the cots is going green and they seem a little less stressed under teh cfls then the t5

the leaf edges on one started to purp and the stems so i assume it was def c/m used rain water and some bio grow

so I have had an idea-

eliminate the risers i made, leave the buckets so they get that 1/2" res in them
layer the bottom of the bag with perlite up to the top of where the in/outlet is creating a res. (really think the plants would not mind this) in each site. then do mix of perlite/coco for the majority of the bag then top it off with an 1" of perlite cause it seems a waste to try to soak coco cubes at the very top i just don't expect crazy top root growth to need the coco up top so much as in the middle and less = faster drain time

ph went up to 6.4 got it at 5.9 424ppm and ran it top fed the sprouts lots of cm in the surrounding median and just a splash on the rapid rooter, all had almost instant run off.. they seem to be losing the red and perking back up, defiantly a daily bi daily feeding cause they drain so fast?

You can do a bi-daily feed, Mine get fed/watered every 3hrs on a 24hr cycle. However, you say "sprouts", how old are these sprouts? you don't want to overfeed them when they are young, especially in coco. Even though the water drains through fast, the coco will hold a lot of the nutrients where the plants can get it. Now if the coco is getting dry then water as often as necessary to keep them moist.

thanks dood. they all look better they are back under the t5 81/60 nothing i can do about it at they got a fan on em. defiantly all getting greener and are losing the red tint. the roots are growing 4sure think thats hot for em? i put my hand there seems ok

they were under alot of lumens before with the 6 cfl plus 2 t5 = heat stroke lol it's 83 without the 6 cfls

They should be ok at 81f. I personally don't like to keep mine that warm because it is so close to the warmer temps that cause them to stall, but if you can keep them from getting any warmer then they should be fine. Just make sure their water stays cool, around 68-72 will really help them not stress from the heat. :)

and for nutes and c/m what so u think for ppms they look way better and are right under the t5 all night with an hour at of dark due to having to run it in the hps timer

Since you are new. IMHO
Start off in increments 1/2 -1/4 ya knows check ppms.
So that will be a guide for you to learn.
But pending on strain age size n what 400-600 easily.
LH.

ya they are around 420ppm for those clones still look good, lil ones were under t5 past 24 hrs second set of leaves growing seem back on track

did not check res will do that in a bit

Yeah 420ppm is a good level for getting the kids going. Like LEFTHAND said, it is good to go with 1/4-1/2 increments until you can see what that gives you in ppms at the different stages of growth for that strain. That way you stay with a ballanced diet for them rather than trying to shoot for a particular number.

Once you are used to knowing what the plants like and don't like, and what the nute mixtures give you, then you will be able to throw in 10ml of grow, 30ml of micro, 60ml of bloom, and 10ml of cal/mag and know that in a 5gal bucket of water that you will have about 1000ppm for first week of flowering.

But for starting out, your better to underfeed than to overfeed as the plants will tell you when they want more. :)

Ok well the sprouts are up to the same feeding as the system, put 3 in the 3 empty sites all the way down in the water seeing these three are filled with perlite at the bottom of bags

the 3 transplanted had roots 4" long out the bottom of peat cups and growing out sides.. Imagine the others are ready to go in the sites as well. need to make another site for the auto i guess or a solo set up so it can go under teh hps? other wise it would run 24/7 under the t5 and i could put 6 2700 cfls on it but rather the hps hmm

bout to rip those clones out of sites no idea what to do with them, mmmm 2 coudl go in the hps tent fight for their lives in some soil lol pulled from soil to hydro back to dirt tough life lol

took one clone out 4 in sytem total now really thinking just throwong the other 2 in dirt and into flower tent or trash

housing inspection coming up lol should be moving soon lol

ok clones are od, gl.

6 total peat cups in pots tink there are no net pots in any

crit auto i hung under hps like 6" form 1k lol

Becareful with how close u get that 1k.
Your open hood are you not???
Watch for stress,burning,bleaching.
IMHO that's darn close for a 1k open hood or not.
LH.

ya open he lived lol in all hydro median a peat cup rapid rooter wish i took a pic hes out side now lolz
ya 10"-12" for my hood

kinda lost waht to do with the autos have 4 now as far as lighting for them and where to flower them may have to use the cabs and buy a 150 hps maybe i hate to have to open tent every morning to remove them so they get more then 12/12 adn not flower under the t5 tho the t5 i have 2600 & 5600 cfls also running 2 bulbs over each site then the t5 in the middle so multi spectrum veg with alot of lumens lol cant fit 9 plants there atm would hae to make that veg area bigger

aight so I drained filled res25gal last night, tap let sit over night declorinate, added nutes and silica as well as like 30 mg of c/m should be good with this as only 2 medians need to be soaked with it really and are 50/50 mix 3" on bottom

everyone inside out side, awake and asleep is green to start the day lets see if i can leave em alone and keep i that way ;)

Keep EC levels low in hydroponics for best results. All Mandala strains are extremely efficient in nutrient uptake due to their hybrid vigor and require only low EC levels/feeding to develop huge leaf, stem and bud structure. Satori is a high yielding, powerful plant with an exceptional sativa high. - See more at: hxxp://seaofseeds.com/satori-16111#sthash.mXjAl7i8.dpufKeep EC levels low in hydroponics for best results. All Mandala strains are extremely efficient in nutrient uptake due to their hybrid vigor and require only low

some pics found camera just flooded 5.8 550ppm some thing around there :icon_smile:

DSCF7233.JPG

DSCF7234.JPG

DSCF7231.JPG

DSCF7230.JPG

DSCF7229.JPG

DSCF7228.JPG

DSCF7227.JPG

Latest posts

Back