First Indoor Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just set up my operation for an indoor grow. I have an old broken arcade machine that i lined the back with tin foil and strung florecent lights in. The only issue im wondering about is a fire or some of the wires melting. I covered alottt of the wirews with tin foil. Do yall think i sh ould put in some kind of fan.

Get rid of the tin foil. It would be better to paint the inside white or use mylar or panda film. White paint is cheap and easy and provides more reflective light. It is also easier to keep a clean grow. You definately need some air flow in and out of the box. The smaller the grow space the more important it is to keep air circulating. The plants will use up the co2 in the box faster than in a room. Heat is also a big issue in a confined space as well. You should keep all of your wires as high as possible to help eliminate any chances of shorting from water leaks. If the cabinet is too hot for the wires it will be too hot for the plants. Check your elect. load so as not to overload the circuit. That should get you started.

An arcade machine is a cool idea.
As kasgrow said, loose the tin foil and use white paint (matt).
More importantly, vent, vent, and vent some more. OK, youve only got florecents which means less heat build up then using a HID but getting the fresh air in and the stail air out is so important.
Dude, if you dont vent you dont get any bud at the end of it. The plants need to breath.
Good luck man.

Well im not planning on growing them fully in there. When there about 2 weeks old im gonna plant them in the ground. I live with my parents soo i reallly cant paint the walls whiteee and i cant mess up the stuff inside it. Soo i kind of have to kkeeep the tin foil.

Latest posts

Back