First Time Growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikedCola

Reaction score
If any of you followed my gnat thread, I started in a small closet, then moved to a washroom, and now we've finally got a room to work with. What you see here is only temporary for now; we have lots of plans in the works! To come are a proper adjustable hanger for the light, white plastic for the wall and floor around the plants, and better ventilation to start. Eventually, I would like to have a resevoir and drip tubes to each plant, so I can automate watering if Im not around.

The light is a 430w HPS.

Tips and comments are always welcome and appreciated!

In the last picture, you can see the bagseed I started with (the plant on the left) and a clone of a plant that I know is spectacular (on the right) - again, if you answered my thread on cloning a flowering plant, youd have seen me mention this plant. However, it stretched rather badly (I went on vacation for a couple weeks and left someone else in charge - bad idea!), so hopefully it will be fine.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Electronics update: Added a more accurate temp sensor. Also used a water bottle lid to shield the sensor from direct light (since the case is black this could skew the reading a bit). Enjoy!

EDIT heh looks like I caught the temp changing from 27.25 to 27.15 degrees, theres a bit of a shadow

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

:ciao:
sweet setup, I like your engineering! :bong:

Hey cool kind of like how I started. Keep going, it is a rewarding hobby. As far as the set up, one of the cheapest way to get better would be a cardboard box around it, either spraypainted flat white or lined with white bristle board. If you space it up about an inch you will get a bit of up draft and keep the air moving a bit. Lots you can do, but keep at it, you'll figure it out. Good luck!:D

Picked up some water today, since it was on sale. 20.8 cents / litre. Not bad!

IMG_0056.JPG

Time to start flowering them! They all look female too, what luck! :cool: Its time to repot them though, so Im going to get soil in the next day or so. I linked a bunch of better quality pictures for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

High-res pictures (~3mb each):
hxxp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1913/img1789zd.jpg
hxxp://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1982/img1790.jpg
hxxp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3318/img1790iz.jpg
hxxp://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2718/img1791.jpg
hxxp://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3494/img1792.jpg
hxxp://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1659/img1793.jpg
hxxp://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2636/img1794.jpg
hxxp://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2734/img1795d.jpg
hxxp://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6100/img1796v.jpg
(noticed people always hxxp'd their links so they werent live so I did it too, wasnt sure if theres a rule against live links - if there isnt one ill fix it)

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

hey man...if you have a whole room, why not get a little 600w and give your plants a lil' goose!

just throwin it out there...

you look like you got some skills makin' a room...do it up reeeeal nice and show us how it's done!!!

looks great

Well, we do technically have a full room, but its actually *supposed* to be someone's bedroom. So if we have a fire alarm that goes off, or our roommate's parents come up (the one supposedly living in that room) we have to move everything out and make it look like a room again, so if we fill it with too much, then we wont have anywhere to hide it :p

Repotted, and removed three males. They are now ~2wks into flowering. I didnt attach the pictures as they just dont do justice at the forum size limit. Enjoy!

hxxp://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6013/img1987.png
hxxp://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4457/img1988.png
hxxp://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2195/img1989.png

Looking good...and yes you can not post live links unless they take you to somewhere on this site....You say we...are you a legal grower? The first and most important rule is tell no one...

When I say we I refer to my roommate and I. And thanks for clearning up my question about the links - a lot of sites are like that, so thats what I assumed.

About 7 weeks in :) Uploading some higher-res pictures, heres one for now!

IMG_2186_sized.jpg

IMG_2179_sized.png

IMG_2183_sized.png

IMG_2185_sized.png

Latest posts

Back