first time indoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirk2420

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on my plants. Are the leaves turning this way because I had the light to close for a day or so. It's a 400 watt hps i've got it about sixteen inches above them now, it was at about twelve for a day. I 've grown these plants for about a month in a grow box under cfl. When I moved them I transplanted them into bigger pots with no problem. They didn't start exibhiting problems til they were under the hps. I topped the one on the left and it did just like it was supposed to! Also it seems quite obvious to me that the bushy (topped) one on the left is a sativa and the right one an indica, what do you think? Thanks for any advice in advance.

View attachment indoor 001.zip

View attachment indoor 002.zip

View attachment indoor 003.zip

View attachment indoor 005.zip

View attachment indoor 006.zip

i just clicked the first pic and it kicked me off the net!

try uploading those with picasa editing software! so there appear on your post and not as a link! the only pic i seen just looked a lil droopy! maybe are you over watering?? i notcied the pot is moist on top! if it was dry i would ask if you were not watering it! to me it looks like over water though!

also i think a 400 can be 12 inches above your plant! those dont tend to get real hott like the 1000's

pics would help for sure,haha,I haven't been able to upload myself,I do have picasso though,so keep watchen

Find the pic you want to upload right click it
click open with paint
go up to left hand corner click image(I think)
scroll down to I think its resize or something with a / in it
click on that and then resize both 100's to 25%
hit enter
x out of paint and it will ask you if you want to save changes say yes

now your pics should be resized to up load here.

Cheers!!! hope this helped

degenerative_disc said:
Find the pic you want to upload right click it
click open with paint
go up to left hand corner click image(I think)
scroll down to I think its resize or something with a / in it
click on that and then resize both 100's to 25%
hit enter
x out of paint and it will ask you if you want to save changes say yes

now your pics should be resized to up load here.

Cheers!!! hope this helped

i got lost there lol....

picasa is easy! it will automatically upload all your pics off your comp, find your pics u want to upload and on the bottom it will say export, click it and then a box will appear and just click "ok" and now ur picture will be resized and exported to a file, called "picasa exports"! all your pics are in there that u have exported and ready to be uploaded on here now!! literally takes like 10 seconds per pic

Imo both of the plants look over watered, let the soil dry out completly between watering this can be done by lifting the pots to see how heavy they are..

Also what is the PH of your runoff water? The sativa dominant plant looks light its going through some minor nute lockout, the leaves are starting to contort..

I dont think any of this has to do with your light..

What strain are they? are they both female? they will be some nice plants with some care ...

]ok thanks a lot for the info on how to post the pics. i'm sorry i didnt get it right the first time. Now i'm not sure what strain they are or if they're female, just bagseed. I'm not experienced in indoor and are trying these seeds i've saved first.I had these two plants in about half gallon pots with good topsoil from my flowerbed to start off. I transplanted into the 3gl bucketts with jungle growth planting mix, I must admitt to useing some mg on them at this point for lac of anything good. Could this be the problem, they didn't start looking bad til after that point? Thanks again and i'm tryin to post these pics again, bare with me.

Yeah it could be the problem, you need some nutes, any nutes from a hydro store will be better than MG.. You also need to get a PH meter, even if its a cheap one off e-bay, just make sure its digital, you will also need a small thing of 7.0 calibration solution...

And also cut back on the watering...

Without these things you will be lost....

def cut back on the watering, that looks like your main problem!

theres people on here that grow with nothing but miracle grow, there stuff looks realy nice and green and produce nice tasty lookin buds! it all has n-p-k

i use pura vida though personally! i never used mg so i cant account for it but ive seen good results! u got air movement by ur plants??? throw a fan on them and let them dry out and water with phed water next time! after that give them a 1/4 strength nute feeding

alright the pic thing seems to have went pretty smooth, lets hope I got it this time.....oh and i'm not sure about the ph as I don't have a tester. I plan on gettin one as soon as I can. Thanks again

indoor 001.jpg

indoor 002.jpg

indoor 003.jpg

indoor 005.jpg

indoor 006.jpg

def look overwatered!

wait until those pots get real real real light and then water again until some seeps out the bottom of the pot through the drainage holes! how often are you watering those??? everyday??? it depends on humidity and the temp but mostly im watering every 3-4 days, you can put that 400 back to 12 inches above the plants also, the light was not causing any of that, get a thermometer and a digi tester when u get extra funds! all in all thoguh they look good, just a lil overwatered, cut back a lil

I really didnt think I was watering to much, def not daily, but who screws up knowingly? Maybe I put it to them a little strong when I transplanted. Its been pretty humid here as its been raining alot.I have a box fan blowing on them, they have great looking stems on them. Would the over watering cause the yellowing and shrivled look of the leafs, almost like they are scorched lightly? Thanks again!

I thought I burned my leaves as well but was over watering. As I was told you should only water every week or so. Also not much water either. Wait until the dirt is dry 2 or 3 inches down before watering.

My leaves looked shriveled and almost tiger striped and it was def over watering. Mine is in a 10 inch pot and I just watered it for the first time in about 10 days and it took only a couple ounces until all the soil was adequately wet.

I live in the deep south as well and the more humid it is the slower water evaporates so the less you need to water. Your leaves in the second and third pic look exactly as mine did and your soil looks drenched.

Thanks a lot for your input. That makes me feel a little better. So, they should recover fine? Is there any thing I can do at this point to help?

My plant recovered however 2 leaves that appeared to be "burnt" the worst are still looking kinda crappy but are hanging in there. I def wouldn't water for a while and it should work out. The part that has grown since I cut the watering looks great.

It sucks to love your plant to much!

Oh, and its been a little over a week to the day I had the same problem and posted the same questions. It's since doubled in size, good luck!

I've only been using a very light dose of miracle grow all purpose liquid. I have an extensive background in salt water fish tanks and that's the only supplement we trust to help grow macro algae and can accept in our water without throwing the water quality way out of wack.

I plan to do more research on nutrients and maybe move away from miracle grow since I have read nothing good about it on this site, but hey, it's been working for me so far.

i'm considering useing either fox farms or advanced nutrients. I would recommend checking these out. I've read up on both exstinsively. I would like to go wild with some of the AN stuff but they're expensive for all the things they suggest such as base nutrients, then additives, then enhancers all at different week intervals. Sounds great but a little pricey for me now. I think FF has good stuff like their tripple pack for $44.95. I may go that route. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Checked out both, need to read more, both are available on ebay for cheaper in some instances.

Latest posts

Back