Fitting out Small Flowering room.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pranic

Professional
Reaction score
Soil

Having just moved into a new apartment, it's about that time to start my very own grow room.

The Closet that I am plan on using as a flowering cabniet measures floor to shelf:

7 1/2 ft long
1 1/2 ft wide
5 1/2 ft tall

The walls are already a nice flat white. but considering lining the bottom of the shelf with mylar. as well as with the floor.

400 watt hps bulb will be used. I'm concerned about heat. because the space is rather small. What size fan do you think would be best?

LST will be used to help cut the size of plants since space is a limitation.

I am guessing I could finish about 3 or 4 plants at a time.

I have a door that fits right into the closet frame so it just looks like a decorative door on a wall. Behind the door i was thinking on placing black plastic to block light that may leak in. that and control some odor leakage.

considering using the top shelf of the cabinet for clones. it's just big enough. But we'll see.

Any Suggestions?

p.s. your wondering where i'm vegging my plants right? Well i'm wondering that as well. I have 2 plants right now just chillin' on my end table next to a stand up light with compact flours. Which is cool though, because i have a heating vent right next to the table so it's nice and cozy right there, not to hot not to cold. and it pushes the air out hard enough that they have a little breeze. so they may just veg in my living room.

:yay:Just thought i'd share cos i'm excited. :yay:​

Pictures will be added when i have a chance to take em.

Buy or build yourself a carbon filter for the odor.

If you put that 400 in a cooltube and air cool it, it will make tons of difference in the heat. A 400W will fit in a Pyrex bakearound. You might want to check out the DIY section for some ideas if you are at all handy.

I am growing in a similar situation. My room is a closet with a shelf in it. The dimensions in there 5ft wide 3 ft deep and 5 ft high. i am also using 1 400w HPS. I am currently growing Sour Diesel and Blueberry. The two diesel plants i supercropped and created full even canopies on them. The Blueberry didnt take well to the supercropping so it is just growing normal. They are rather small bushy plants and i am now past 2 weeks of 12/12, so hopefully most of the stretching is almost done. For odor I use a 15 dollar febreeze carbon filter that plugs into a standard socket. THEY WORK AMAZING. I have no smell what so ever from my room. The top of my closet i blocked off with black 6 mil plastic. I use the top of my closet to veg and run clones. I have 4 4 foot flouros. They stay on a 24/0 light schedule. It works well. my temps in the closet with the door closed reach only 85 degrees. i dont use an air cooled light so its not to bad if you ask me. anyways, i hope that gives you an idea for your closet grow. mine is going GREAT!

Latest posts

Back