Flowering young plants grown from seed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viracocha711

Reaction score
Just Curious...How early have you put plants into flower that you grew from a seed, NOT CLONES!

The reason I ask is I have some bagseed plants that I want to get rid of but I do not want to throw them away...They are about 30 days old from germination and are not sexed.

Please post your experiences if you have flowered plants before the proper time.

Thanks!

You can flower a plant at anytime. Just yeild will be a lot lower the earlier you do it. The best time to flower is after alternating nodes appear. This shows plant maturity, typically 5-6 weeks (exception: ruderalis strains AKA lowryder)

Thanks Mutt...That is what I was hoping. That it would just not yield as much.

From what I've read and grow reports I've followed plants grown 12/12 from day 1 will result in a main cola grow with little lateral branching.

The main cola will make up about 85% of your harvest anyway. Yes, you will lose a bit, but you need to take into consideration that you'll be shaving 5 or 6 weeks off your grow.

I'm trying this at the moment and will let you know how I get on.

Peace RBH

I have grown seeds out on 12/12 lighting. The seedling won't just start flowering as soon as it pops out of the ground. It needs to be sexually mature to start flowering. I was using a few different sativa dominant crosses and all started showing sex around the 4 week mark. The yield wasn't horrible by any means. However, if I were to veg it on 24/0 for those 4 weeks with double the electric bill, the yield would have been an estimated 25% more.

:)
Runbyhemp said:
From what I've read and grow reports I've followed plants grown 12/12 from day 1 will result in a main cola grow with little lateral branching.

The main cola will make up about 85% of your harvest anyway. Yes, you will lose a bit, but you need to take into consideration that you'll be shaving 5 or 6 weeks off your grow.

I'm trying this at the moment and will let you know how I get on.

Peace RBH

I might have to give that a shot sometime! That sounds kinda cool to try. Thanks as always for your help and comments runbyhemp.

DLtoker said:
I have grown seeds out on 12/12 lighting. The seedling won't just start flowering as soon as it pops out of the ground. It needs to be sexually mature to start flowering. I was using a few different sativa dominant crosses and all started showing sex around the 4 week mark. The yield wasn't horrible by any means. However, if I were to veg it on 24/0 for those 4 weeks with double the electric bill, the yield would have been an estimated 25% more.

Thanks DLToker...I see your point...I guess I will be doing myself some good by trying alt ways of growing. You never know til you try huh?:D

BTW-I have been meaning to tell you that I like your avitar!

l.... Matter of fact i have a lowryder in flower right now from seed... and a Db that was put in flower about 3 days from seed...maybe a week and Dl is right.. the plants won't flower until sexual maturity.

Latest posts

Back