Flushing Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakeymacd

Reaction score
woundering if anyone else has heard of this? the final week of budding if you flush plant with a juice (ie orange or grapefruit or pineapple) it will taste and smell like that anyone know t he ans?????

shakeymacd said:
woundering if anyone else has heard of this? the final week of budding if you flush plant with a juice (ie orange or grapefruit or pineapple) it will taste and smell like that anyone know t he ans?????

Dosent sound wise, im sure the PH of orange juice is way low. just stick to plain water.

Funny I was just about to post a flush question home its OK to add to your one ;)

I hear you should flush last 10 days 2 weeks ? Can I just water with plain water or do I need to over water so it runs out the bottom?

Thanks all and peace

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz.....hey dude... just pour plently of water one to two time a week for 2 weeks straight water.... get it? flush gotta go sleep ZZZZZZZzzzzz

So it does not matter if it runs out the bottom I thought that was the flush?

Peace

shakeymacd said:

No, that is one of those marijuana myths. It doesn't work and would be bad for your girls. As Growdude said, citrus juices are far too acidic to be giving to your plants--somewhere around 3.5.

If you want something that smells and tastes like orange, grapefruit, or pineapple, you are going to have to grow a strain with those attributes.

spacecake said:
Funny I was just about to post a flush question home its OK to add to your one ;)

I hear you should flush last 10 days 2 weeks ? Can I just water with plain water or do I need to over water so it runs out the bottom?

Thanks all and peace

Overwater so alot runs out the bottom. You'll net to place your pot in a big bowl or on a surface that can be drained itself. You're supposed to flush with an amount of water at least equal to the amount of soil you have. So if you have a plant in a 1 gallon bucket, flush with at least one gallon. 3 times the amount your pot holds is what is ideal though, so a 1 gallon pot should get 3 gallons of water to proprly flush it.

Have any of you attempted the "myth" to see if it was a myth?

well i will let you guys know in a few weeks i gave it 1/2 gallon of peach juice if it screws it up o well its just one i will give it more as i flush the rest

If you want flavoured bud you can smoke it using flavoured rips or bong it with iced juice in the bong.

The bong way simply takes a weeks worth of cussing when you try to clean it ;)

shakeymacd said:
well i will let you guys know in a few weeks i gave it 1/2 gallon of peach juice if it screws it up o well its just one i will give it more as i flush the rest

ROTFLMFAO

PH of peach juice--3.0-4.5--good luck with this. I would NEVER risk a plant just a couple of weeks away from harvest testing a myth that has been discounted many times, especially when it requires watering plants with acid :eek:.

shakeymacd said:

Hey man, thanks for taking one for the team. Soon we will have a definative "scientific" answer, though most can guess how it will turn out.

Can you Ph ballance that ? Also does not a good cure with peel in pot do the same thing ?

Peace

spacecake said:
Can you Ph ballance that ? Also does not a good cure with peel in pot do the same thing ?

Peace

1. Most likely yes
2. Most likely no--IMO, it would encourage mold

spacecake said:
Can I just water with plain water or do I need to over water so it runs out the bottom?

Thanks all and peace

This is what I do. However, I don't flush too much because its not as though I am using many nutes anyhoo.

blanco sez:
"Overwater so alot runs out the bottom. You'll net to place your pot in a big bowl or on a surface that can be drained itself. You're supposed to flush with an amount of water at least equal to the amount of soil you have. So if you have a plant in a 1 gallon bucket, flush with at least one gallon. 3 times the amount your pot holds is what is ideal though, so a 1 gallon pot should get 3 gallons of water to proprly flush it."

I think you are combining two different trains of thought here...what you are referring to is the flush you do to wash salt build-up out of your soil, this is to clean the soil...

flushing a plant at the end of the grow cycle is where you only feed the plant plain water for the final 10 - 14 days before you chop her down...the reason you do this is to allow water to wash the fertilizers out of the plant completely...

This may be completely out of line with conventional thinking, but it is what I have accertained from my reading...

Peace...j.b.

Latest posts

Back