Foilage spray during flower???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPuffAlot

Green thumb in training
Reaction score
Do you spray your plants down with water during flowering stage??
Is it a good or bad thing to do??

I know if I do, i should do it during its dark period.

Just wondering if its good or bad for the bud. :hubba:

If you were trying to wash off a residue or something foriegn, sure. But, I would be afraid of mold on dark, wet plants in flower.

If you spray during day period, you may risk burning them with the little magnifying lenses of water.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, but apply common sense, and your plants will do alright.

When it rains, EVERYTHING gets soaked pal. However, I wouldn't go spraying your babies down everyday due to risk of mold. I would also get then wet during when your lights are on so the water evaporates faster and we all know darkness is conducive to the growth of mold.

Spray away Puffster!

Just curious about something, if darkness is indeed condusive to mold, and I'm not questioning that, but why would we then dry the harvest in the dark instead of a room lit with normal incandesent household lighting? Unless the light breaks down the THC? hmmmmm...

Well i believe temps over 100 start degrading the THC. I've to be honest dried a lot of test bud using CFL's :D it was just a little harsh but dried fine and was very potent. I found it very effective compared to the microwave or oven. They seem to really degrade the ammount of THC but with the CFL putting out really low temps and light that it actually kept most of the THC.

I think that hanging them upside down in a closet in the dark that has good air and a non humid environment would definately dry the buds better. More even and just more propper.

You can tell a lot by feeling weed. Like how good it was dried and cured. Some are too dry, some you can break open and almost feel the nature release. Pungent perfect feel and burns to a gray ash. I love bud to have a really even dry and a long smooth cure.

if you are wroried about mold with drying in the dark, simply add a dehumidfier but don't let it get TOO dehumid and dry your buds out crispy. I've never had bud mold on me. I just check it once a day and make sure ventilation is good and some good air flow.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Darkness and humidity together create mold. They are both conducters of mold. So don't you need both?

I seem to get a little bit bigger buds if I spray my plants with seltzer water ( no sodium ) I do this every other day while the lights are on ( Dont spray the lights )

Latest posts

Back