Bad seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrobud

bhc# vhc# 5150
Reaction score
Hi all, I should know this but want more input and I think it's exactly what I describe it is but again that's why I'm here,sorry no pictures. So I've been getting some bad seeds and I had some that had a fungus coming out of the shell before the tap root. I knows fungus but what causes that. 40 to 50 % some just sit and do nothing, I've been using the cup of water method and had good results until 3 years ago then , down

I don’t use that method but how long are you leaving them in that water?
I use this method, it's called float tech. I leave them in until the tap roots are atleast half an inch-sometimes 4 days or so. If the taproot only sticks out a tiny bit or not at all, the seeds usually don't pop when I move them to soil.

I just put them in soil and keep wet or use the paper towel method.

I know how I just wonder why they dont crack open or you get a fungus coming out before tap root is exposed even a little bit

I got Bad Seeds in the Mail last year
1694604288976.png

I know how I just wonder why they dont crack open or you get a fungus coming out before tap root is exposed even a little bit
I put a seed in a sealed container on a piece of paper towel that I have put water on until when I tilt the container I see a drop. Then I put the seed in and put a drop of water on it each day until it sprouts.

So far I have a 100% germination rate

For people that don’t want to drown a seedling by overwatering a lot of germination techniques make me laugh

I might just try that, I used to have a 95 % germanation rate with paper towel method untill I quit getting seeds from attitude, I've tried 3,4 different places and the justdont sprout, must be a black cloud following me

If your having problems getting them to pop sometimes you can sand the edges and give it a little help. We use to line a matchbox with sand paper, put the seeds in it, close it, and shake the crap out of it. Then paper towel method.

If your having problems getting them to pop sometimes you can sand the edges and give it a little help. We use to line a matchbox with sand paper, put the seeds in it, close it, and shake the crap out of it. Then paper towel method.
Intresting

Doesn't hurt to put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide into whatever vessel your beans are in to keep it sterile...
I put 'em in a small paper cup with 50/50 water and 3% H2O2. Never had any fungus. As soon as the seeds get a tail, I put 'em in soil or rockwool cubes. I've waited for the tails to get longer and wound up breaking it off by accident and killing the seed.

Latest posts

Back