found a seed in my mj

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msge

Reaction score
I had a few plants outside, as i have done for years
This plant was grown in ground out back of my place
Female plant, that had to be harvested 2 weeks early
Dryed the plant and was in the process of curing
Decide to sample my works, I found a seed
I had no male plants
Plants were from bag seed
Never saw anything that looked male on the plant or the others

How far can pollen travel in the air

Dumbfounded

I've always used a quarter mile as a general distance, although I don't remember where I heard that. If I decide to keep a male, then I have to keep it a quarter mile away. I don't know how close to a quarter I was, I counted off six hundred paces, figuring each one for three feet, and dropped him. There was a hill in the way, but I figure that since I didn't get any seeds that year, I can use that as a reference. Of course I would expect a longer distance to be needed if the area between the plants is free of obstruction.

a bug could have carried it from someone else grow or they have a grow close to you. Might want to rethink your spot for next year.

I kind of thought I was not the only one in the area,

I have walked right into other peoples' plots before going to mine. I always try to take a different way in so there is no beaten path. Always made me real nervous because you never know what the other guy might do if he is watching. I just kept on walking and wished whoever it was the best of luck.

Also sometimes they will pot a flower late in grow and you won't even notice it.

Latest posts

Back