freak growth,normal growth, or bad news?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyfr

dead
Reaction score
View attachment 58326

View attachment 58327

View attachment 58328 so everythings goin good,hairs are turning orange and all of a sudden, weird new growth towers(?) start shooting up and out of the sides of my 6wk old buds. ive thought hermie or self pollenated but doesnt look quite like the pics ive seen of those. unknown strain( told it was a cross between 2 purples), ebb&flo RW, 12/12 since 3/8. forth grow and havent seen this yet. i do have "normal" looking buds as well 50%. unstable strain maybe? gimme some good news peoples. these things are coming out of top and sides of buds...tops and lower buds.

Maybe this is some new crossing strain i guess . My friend's flowering plants got a couple looking thing like openned male flowers too on his before .....yeah but later show off some hair at later weeks . IDK .....let's the pro and exp guys in here give their opinions on your pictures . Nice buds man !! :D

I've seen this before on buds. Not too sure what it is but it doesn't seem to affect them negatively in any way. Should be just fine. Just my thoughts. They look great. Nice work! Take care and be safe.

:clap: :yay: thanks guys, thats the great news i wanted. i didnt think it was anything bad, id just never seen it. guess the freak strain is holding up to its new official name. due to the 3 fooot strech and these weird calyxes i have now named it "freakin purple" as all i know about the strain pretty much is purple was involved (thats their story and their stickin to it!).

howdy snuggles, temps are 70-78. might get to 80-85 once a week for a couple hours. i got hecka air blowin if that stresses em out. i got a 10in turbofan between canopy and lite, and a 12in oscillating fan blowin across bottom of stems, a 265cfm exhaust squirrell fan from top of room, and an 8in oscillating fan no floor of room.

imager777 said:
They're just extra calyxs growing; no big deal. Let 'em go, then smoke 'em when they're done.

:yeahthat: look like u got buds on yer buds there, lyfr...how long did you veg those dirty little girls?

i had to bring em back to health when i got em, it took about a month of slow growth. with a little LST to fill in the gaps they were 4-6 inches when i hit 12/12 on 3-8. they then streched to 37in at highest point in 2 and a half weeks! the whole story in my thread SOG gone wild. its been an interesting ride fa sho

normal growth for some strians, means there getting alot of intensity. you can see that aswell in the leaves, dark and waxy, raised ridges on the edge of leaves and the stacking calyxes. let them go as long as you can brother to really pack on the resin. Looks sweet dude!

congrats on the comming harvest!!!!!!!!!!!

trillions of atoms said:
normal growth for some strians, means there getting alot of intensity. you can see that aswell in the leaves, dark and waxy, raised ridges on the edge of leaves and the stacking calyxes. let them go as long as you can brother to really pack on the resin. Looks sweet dude!

congrats on the comming harvest!!!!!!!!!!!
does this mean i'm pushin them to the limit, cause thats kinda how i do everything. you know, i gotta increase nutes till i get a little burn and then im satisfied...that kinda thing!

well if you had the light any lower the leaves would all be rolling inward like a tube. it looks like the light has been low for a while which is a great thing. the closer you can keep the light to the plants foilage without stunting growth will lead to a denser end product when you harvest. simply doing this correctly will increase yeild. but its important to have an even canopy aswell...

Latest posts

Back