Freaky Lemons Tree????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
I posted this in another section but wanted more poeple to see it....

I have a tree in my yard that grows lemons,,,,,,and oranges.....on the same tree

At first it looked like the prior owner had just planted the trees incredible close together and they intertwined but looking better you can see it goes to one trunk at the bottom....not two trees....one...

anyone know how this freak of nature came about? I will get some pics up later....

you can buy them almost anywhere..
i have one that's a plum (2 different ones actually) apricot, and peach tree. all grafted together.
though unfortunatly it's not doing very well anymore, and has pretty much become just a plum tree.
but yeah, they're pretty trippy when you see them for the first time.

This tree has been in the yard for two years....It wasnt until recently that I noticed both growing on it...I have been feeding it Fox Farms and it is bearing alot more fruit than years before....

Makes me think....Can you graft a MJ plant on something such as a apple tree.... That would make it harder to notice right??? LOL

Makes me think....Can you graft a MJ plant on something such as a apple tree.... That would make it harder to notice right??? LOL
:laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

New_2_Chronic said:
This tree has been in the yard for two years....It wasnt until recently that I noticed both growing on it...I have been feeding it Fox Farms and it is bearing alot more fruit than years before....

The plants have to be very similar genetically, in the same family. I have also heard of a "pomato", basically a potato stem with potatoes below, and a tomato on top, efficent use of space!

well technicly they are both Budding\flowering plants,,, one has buds and one has apples....

That would be cool though wouldnt it?

So what would be close enough geneticly to graft MJ too? Id like to make a wierd plant just to see if I could do it....

Tomotoes.....yeah forgot about that one...what else.... Im thinking some kind of tree....a flower type tree or a fruit....

You pick something:). I'd love to see you try it. If my weather would permit we could do a grafting thread and i'd try it with you. You can graft MJ to MJ;).

Okay from what I read you can graft MJ to tomotoes, Hops, Grapes,,,,,,anything viny pretty much....

and yes BBP I have also read where MJ was grafted to MJ of different strains. I saw one where a guy have 3 strains on one Mother Plant and took clones of the 3 strains and only had to maintain 1 Mother....

There are several different types of grafting techniques. Maybe we could each do a different type and report our findings about time, vigor, feasibility,,,,,

I only have two strains though so I would be doing a two strain Mother.

Hmm I responded to this thread in General gardening.... Oh well.. here I go again ).

Yea you can do all kinds of fun things with trees..... They even do it commercially.... I saw one online nursery that sold "Fruit Salad" trees..... Basically they would put 4-5 different types of citrus trees and graft them all together so you could have a tree with oranges, Lemons, Grapefruit, limes etc....

With apple trees you can take one rootstock and graft more than one typs of apple scion to it to make a tree that will grow seveal different types of apples.....

The origins of say a Granny Smith Apple Tree or a Red delicious or anyother type of fruit tree, the way I understand it to be anyway, is that all of those trees are brought up by one single tree that exhibited a certain set Phenos ( Just like with MJ). that tree was clones and/or grafted and now there are orchards filled all ove the world witht he exact same tree with the exact same genetic make-up.... This is a good thing and a bad thing... You can get a consistant fruit, but then too you can get a strain related disease and wipeout the worlds supply of Granny Smith apples never to be regained...

Now you can Grow an apple tree from seed and it will grow..... It may even bare fruit, BUT and this is where it gets interesting.....it WONT be a granny smith.. It will be only a basic Field Apple not worth eating and not worth growing..It would , however, be a good way to grow your own rootstock for grafting withoput having to buy a trademarked rootstock..

Latest posts

Back