Fried Tops of 3 Ladies ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunkin2

Reaction score
i am seriously bumbed out. first my ballast burnt out the other day. i lost only 2 hours light time. thought i was using 1000w HPS and was worried because the other light & ballast i have is 600w HPS. turns out i had a 430W and went up to 600w (much Hotter).
i'm growing biggie/little strain from navara. 7 out of 10 are ladies. 25 days into flowering and i already raised the roof to 5 foot from 3.10". my light sits up even with the top of the box 3.5 d, x 4 w, x 5 h. hood out of the box. since i put the 600w hps bulb in these babies shot up 12-15 inches in less than a week. last night i check on the grow and low and behold 3 ladies have burnt dried out tops. "taste was ok, and the buzz shocked me it was that good".
i cut them nicely but i think i should remove them, i'll have 4 left with room to tie down and work on'em when needed. i try tieing them now but without much room in there the fan leaves are breaking, shoots bending and breaking etc.
i'll know better next time about space and not start as many. after seeing BBP's journal pics of one lady and one fine lady at that (grats dude) i'm ok if i have 2 or 3 ladies at a time. or one for that matter.
any insight would be very welcome. positive or negative please let me know what you would do or not do with this situation. 7 ladies, 3 burnt tops, 4 healthy.

Grow em out. I've burnt my fair share of tops before. Just be careful next time. ;)
Keep tying carefully and keep that light away best as possible. prune very concervatively. do not over stress your plants. but if you have to prune then do it.

ok good. i wanted to keep'em goin' but wasn't sure of a couple things. dying now! etc. their doin well. next grow i'll keep a journal goin'. thanks man.

Latest posts

Back