Gently aged or fresh uncured weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missfit

Reaction score
Hi Guys! I have a question. Should I use older, cured and stored weed or fresh dried not yet cured for my canna butter? I've got lots of both. Also does older stored weed take less temp. or time in decarb. and if so do any of you fellas have any idea how to calculate the proper time and temp.

You are gonna get a lot less chloroform in the cured weed, other than that I dunno.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...if your out of weed, then I guess your gonna use it... sounds like you got plenty so let that stuff age a bit...

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...if your out of weed, then I guess your gonna use it... sounds like you got plenty so let that stuff age a bit...
Hi Redeye, Thanks for the shout out. I'd like to use up some of the older cured and stored weed but I'm trying to figure out a good temp-time for decarboxing. I know weed loses terps. as it ages, I just don't want to make it any worse by over cooking it......Sassy

I remember reading that older stored marijuana is subjected to some oxidation and it changes some of the THC into CBN. CBN is not all bad, good for medicinal value, but, won't get you high like THC.

Decarboxylation can loose many of the Terpenes at higher temps, and many choose to heat at a lower temp, for longer duration to preserve those as much as possible. This link to a Leafly article discusses Decarboxylation and Terpene loss and guides. https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-decarboxylation

Ak. Thank you so, so much. That is the kind of info I was looking for. I'm going to keep studying and when I get satisfactory data on the subject I will be back and post my findings. Give yourself a big hug for me!....Sassy.

Missfit, you might want to be careful who you listen too. AK is a cop that has never grown weed before.

Oh my, I guess I won't say what's going thru my mind right now. Why allow asshats to lurk? Why has he not been eighty sixed?

I am not a cop now. I am an associate winemaker at a winery in SW Michigan since 1999. I was a Deputy in 1985 in Nebraska. I started growing marijuana because I have a change of mind and heart about it and STRONGLY advocate it's use and growing. I have some wonderful looking plants now, and some Autoflower coming along. You should see all the positive Marijuana Facebook posts I put up. Surprised a lot of my family.

Here is a link to the CBN article: https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-cbn-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid

Missfit, you might want to be careful who you listen too. AK is a cop that has never grown weed before.

Can you prove your allegation? Remember everyone, Umber may not want you to believe anyone else. Don't take just any member's word for anything such as that. It's very easy to make unsubstantiated allegations on an internet forum.

Oh my, I guess I won't say what's going thru my mind right now. Why allow asshats to lurk? Why has he not been eighty sixed?

There is no proof. Why would you believe one person's allegation? Remember, they may say you are an undercover FBI agent and you would not like that or that it was believed of you.

Nebraska backwards openly admits being LEO in other posts and started a thread about being his first grow!

Latest posts

Back