Getting close. A few of my 8 footers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we harvest the plant , trim it , then hang it until it gets dry

then we remove the buds off the stems and put the dried buds in the turkey bags and start the curing process
That’s where they dry too fast when I hang them trying to avoid the hay smell. I usually just jar them but the bag sounds better. Thank you.

That’s where they dry too fast when I hang them trying to avoid the hay smell. I usually just jar them but the bag sounds better. Thank you.

it is so freaking dry here that I can harvest , trim , hang , and then debone in 3-5 days!

i have seen days where it is 5-15% humidity and I really have to pay attention so they do not get to dry to fast

it is quite the harvest dance!

it is so freaking dry here that I can harvest , trim , hang , and then debone in 3-5 days!

i have seen days where it is 5-15% humidity and I really have to pay attention so they do not get to dry to fast

it is quite the harvest dance!
and it takes a good eye and good feel
I have screwed up and sprayed a mist to bring things back up
not so good

and it takes a good eye and good feel
I have screwed up and sprayed a mist to bring things back up
not so good

for sure , we have to check them 2-3 times a day , one must be diligent , observation and feel is key

the process can be overwhelming when processing 20+ pounds at a time but it is a dance of delight when it all comes out right

for sure , we have to check them 2-3 times a day , one must be diligent , observation and feel is key

the process can be overwhelming when processing 20+ pounds at a time but it is a dance of delight when it all comes out right
most we honestly did was 5 maybe 6 in good conditions indoors
we were a machine and it was work

How do you seal the turkey bags?

great question!

remember , the use of the turkey bag is temporary and a part of the process

that process is polishing off the drying and preliminary curing

we start by leaving the bags open and when they are checked , I use my hand like a scoop and fluff up the buds , squeeze a few , stick my face in the bag and take a big whiff…..

and twist the bag closed and turn it upside down to move the buds around and then open the bag back up

if the buds feel like they are getting dry to fast , we simply hand press any excess air out of the bag and then twist it closed and put a close pin on it and let it set about 24 hours….this helps rehydrate the buds

so yeah , eventually the buds get to the dry stage and are ready to be put into their permanent environment , some use glass quart jars ,we use a seal a meal and put them in the freezer

another reason we like the turkey bags is they are really good at concealing the fragrances when the bags are closed

Im running out of Jars I have 4 racks drying and 2 more plants to process. They need a little longer. They went into shock when the dog got them in early July. Dog got my 2 biggest plants and moved on to the next yo them. I rescued the other 3 one ended up being a honkin’ male. The other 2 I nursed back yo health. They took like 2 or 3 weeks to turn around from the shock. Now they just need to finish. They are close.
I am going to try this method while I order anorther case of jars.

Latest posts

Back