Getting rid of pollen...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyFrog420

Reaction score
Okay, so since we discovered our girl hermied on us we are afraid pollen as been spread around. When we chopped her down, we noticed some yellow flowering looking things with yellow dust coming off, assuming this is pollen.

We need to alter our grow box a bit, we painted the inside with a glossy white so we are going to be re-painting it with a flat white.

Do you think this will be enough to get rid of the pollen? If not, what should we wash down the box with??

Wash it down with water. Sounds like the paint will cover any residue pollen after washing.

:yeahthat:
Always listen to TC! If the paint doesn't do it, a little water will take care of it.

a dampening down of the box will be good but seeing as tho your repainting that will allmost kill all viable pollen :peace:

is there anyway to know if I got rid of all the pollen? i would see that being very hard haha

mist down your plants and you wont have to worry. water destroys the pollen. watering your walls is 1 thing, but misting the plants will protect them.

Like the rest said pollen becomes unviable in the presence of water and many other things. If you look at the stickies on storing pollen you will come to understand how and why people go to extremes in order to store pollen successfully.

Thanks tater, found the sticky and i feel much better about the subject.

Thanks everyone for all the info :)

:D
Glad to see you took the initiative and did a little searching, I could have posted the link but didn't for a reason. Its amazing how many people want to be spoonfed, I take my hat off to you.

Latest posts

Back