Got Tax Money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NorCalHal said:
Id' like to see a $20 plant generate over 5000, never happen.

Do you live in a Medical State with operating Dispensaries? Do you understand operating costs and Employee wages/benefits?

This aint like the street dealer daze my friend.

IE. A lb of A++ herb wholesales to a Dispensary for $4000. The Dispensary will break it down and generate $7800, leaving a 3800 profit. Sounds GREAT huh. easy money.....not.
From that 3800, they have to pay wages (average wage for a typical "budtender" ranges from 30-50,000 a year. Plus FULL medical/health benefits.
Lets talk security. Guards and cameras.
What about the lease money they have to pay every month?
Every reputable dispensary also provides FREE services to ANY MEMBER.
These services include chripopratic,accupunture,massage, and multiple support groups.
They also have discounted prices for folks who are TRULY ill, such as legitimate HIV,Cancer patients.
The BIG kicker...Legal costs. What do you think retainers cost on a business like that? Big $$.

Noone is forcing folks to go to a dispensary,everyone has freewill my friend.

With that said, do your homework man.

I will give you a little credit. Not all dispensaries operate correctly. Yes, there are some that str8 gaffle folks. These soon get shut down, or lose customers and are forced to shut down. It is all about how you treat the end user, as with any other business.

You all have to realize, espesially in the Newer MMJ states ,it takes time to get a hold of a business that is in it's infancy.

I do agree that ALOT of dispensaries are out of hand, but let the end customer "police' them by not giving them thier business, not by allowing the local goverments to regulate them for us.

Yeah..really!

to the folks that want the govt to regulate pot prices...you're kidding right?

Open any introductory economics textbook and you will find a bunch of rules to explain why that would not work...

besides..you really want the govt to regulate our prices and business...really?

:hitchair: R you Friggin kidding me! Who among us are adults???? I am a Colorado resident,.. and been smokin the gonge for OVER ,...:ignore: 20 years! I finally got the "courage" to ask my Doc to give me my MM Lic. ! I say "Courage" because It is still afederal offense,.. I am asking my Doctor,.. who is retired millitary gone civillian Angel,....Doctor,.. to put his lic num., down and "back up MY needs!" openning him up for investigations from the Feds the State or whoever wants to know "Why" I CAN NOT take pharmacutical "man Made" drugs! THEY POISON OUR FOOD AND THE DRUGS!,... Not an antibiotic pain reliever or sleePing pill for me!,.... YET, I ONLY shop at one dispensary,... and this is why! They PAY THEIR TAXES without a whine! or Whimper,... We,.. The mature people of the State of Colorado that DO NOT HAVE A DIAGNOSIS of Aides Cancer or anything that they can figure out for that matter,... but ARE DYING RAPPIDLY,...LIKE ME! Don't so much mind supporting a state that supports MY needs MEDICALLY! I pay TWICE the price as they do on the street here,... but, It's clean,.. it's well bred,.. They are Mature honest hardworking CARING providers to my healthcare:) (my dispensary in Woodland Park! Go Caregivers!) They did things the right way when they openned,.. they cared to be AWAY from school traffic,..they didn't put it in the "center of main" although there was some cheap space for rent,.. they applied for and were granted there business lic. They Do NOT sell to un lic. peeps..... and they CARE! and I am on State and Federal Medicare and Medicaide,.....They don't cover my "perscription" We all have our cross to bere,... some heavier thn others" I PAY CASH for my medicational needs! Suppliments,.. Medical Food that keeps me alive!,.. Because the Gov. doesn't cover My Food,....Food stamps don't buy medical food suppliments because I can't absorb what your getting at walmart! to EAT! EVERYDAY! My Vitamins and Suppliments MUST BE NATURAL They don't cover that! Nor my Perscription,... I HAVE to take some financial responsibillity for what my body is putting me through,... I am a proud Woman,....I PAY cash outta pocket outta my 490 bucks a month they give me to live on :rolleyes: "because I was disabled to young" they say (in my 30's at the time but worked 45 to 90 hours a week for the previous ten years!) I DON'T MIND PAYING THE TAXES! :cool: I do mind a little on the markup in price I do KNOW it is typical mark up,.. for retail,... but, I gotta get some financial relief somewhere,... so Again taking responsabillity for my OWN needs,... I bought some plants,.. they aren't to growin fast enough for my wallet or my credit card for that matter (about at max with all the doctor stuff and trying to stay alive while they figure it out and "practice" their medicine,).:ignore: . at LEAST YOUR TAX DOLLARS AREN'T PAYING FOR ME TO SIT IN JAIL FOR SLAPPIN THE SHINOLAH OUTTA A DOC IN THE LAST FEW YEARS,... I say grow your own,... or PAY YOUR FRIGGIN TAXES! BE RESPONSIBLE AND RELIGIOUS SPIRITUAL,.. OR JUST FOR SH*TS AND GRINS,.......DO NOT BLOW IT FOR THOSE OF US WHO DO HAVE A DESPERATE NEED!:holysheep: Clearly,....Crystal

'Whatever you give a woman, she will make it greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of *#@$.

I can understand people bitching about the cost of MJ because if I gave it away free some one would want me to deliver it for free.

What I can't understand is smokers calling for the very same government that created the outrageously high street prices by regulating it in the first place -- yes it is regulated only it is not allowed to anyone under the federal regulations and laws, but it is still regulated or we could all have as much as we wanted. A ban is an extreme regulation of it but never the less a regulation. -- to further regulate it and thereby lower prices. Get real, show me anything that the the cost went down when the government got involved in setting the prices.

Not only that the prices will not come down and the state regulating it is going to increase the trafficking in "illegitimate" scripts rather than reducing them if the medicinal prices are artificially set below street price.

If you don't like the dispensaries, then stay away from them! If you are able, grow your own (that is what these forums are supposedly about -- self sufficiency) and if you aren't able but have a legitimate need, I know you can find some one to grow with or who will just plain help you out. But for GOD's sake as well as your own keep the government just as far away from our medical MJ as possible!

Not only that, why aren't you complaining about the profits the wineries make or the distilleries or the farmers? If you think it is such a rip off with obscene profits to be made, then get into the "business" and see just how obscene your profits look when you babysit the plants, pay inflated prices for ferts -- either organic or manufactured, pay the high power bills, try to keep some one from stealing your crop and maybe killing you and/or tour family in the process. And why are there all of these risks? -- because our governments that you want to mess around more and more in the MJ trade saw fit to regulate it to a Zero tolerance in the first place! Where were the obscene profits, corruption and organized crime connected with MJ in the early 1990s when it was legal? There wasn't any!

Look at what happened to the corruption and organized crime connected with alcohol when Prohibition was repealed -- it disappeared and then regrew in the states where there was the most "regulation" of alcohol.

If you think I'm hard hearted and unfeeling for my stance, then be my guest because you don't know me or have any idea how many people I help for free and subsidize that help by charging the ones who can pay what ever they are willing to pay. The great majority of my paying patients are people who buy everything they can find on the street anyway and if they can drive cars that cost more than my family home is worth, wear $100+ jeans, shoes shirt or what ever, then they can afford to pay me street price if they want good quality, unadulterated safe pot without risking a drug deal going bad and loosing their toys and/or their life.

I apologize for the rant. It is just so tiring to hear people cry and moan and then ask the very governments that created the problem in the first place to straighten out the mess by more involvement.

I know there is a less expensive source than some of the dispensaries for people with legitimate needs and no way to pay for it.

Great smoking.

Isn't it blatantly obviouse that everything our government touches turns to crap, and costs twice as much??? Come on they already have way too much control over everything else! I mean they pay $200 for a hammer that I can buy for $20....they need to stay out of this, until they are ready to say...okay we are turning it over to you...marijuana is 100% legal...

DonJones said:
But for GOD's sake as well as your own keep the government just as far away from our medical MJ as possible!

TROOF, but not just limited to MJ...but many other aspects.

legalize_freedom said:
Isn't it blatantly obviouse that everything our government touches turns to crap, and costs twice as much??? Come on they already have way too much control over everything else! I mean they pay $200 for a hammer that I can buy for $20....they need to stay out of this, until they are ready to say...okay we are turning it over to you...marijuana is 100% legal...

LF, our government was not always this way. originally, it was formed because we were oppressed by Great Britain (no offense brits, i still love the accent... :) ). I think we should go back to our roots and strictly follow the original US Constitution and Bill of Rights. We have strayed so far away from it that it doesn't seem likely though.

of course now this probably breaks the rules of the forum....because i dont think we are supposed to discuss politics...i'm sorry admins :x

yeah - screw those people who have a terminal illness and won't pay inflated prices. so what if they have AIDS or cancer - its their fault, right?

i am in awe of your logic.

surreptitious said:
i'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. i realize that this may help sick people, but if people are paying for the inflated prices then that's their problem.

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
yeah - screw those people who have a terminal illness and won't pay inflated prices. so what if they have AIDS or cancer - its their fault, right?

if you think the inflated prices are ridiculous then open a dispensary with cheaper prices and force competition.

my point is that there are other options then more government.

No matter how anyone wants to look at, the Gov is going to step in and get there share anyway.! Taxes taxes Nov 1

If they make it legal for those over 21 to buy and smoke, what would that do to our jail house.? ect,ect
Under the Influence of THC

Wouldn't have to worry to much about theif because everybody will be able to grow in a 25x25 square foot box outside..

Marijuana should be left as Medical Marijuana.!!!

Old_SSSC_Guy said:

So you wouldn't do what Ever it take to control pain or help your mom out, if it means being Illegal.?

So are you saying that it there fault that they got Cancer or Aids.?
If so You Need to go find another site to complain..

We need this Marijuana to stay Medical Marijuana so that way we are protected under a Doctor care...

Flyinghigh said:
Must of been in a hurry to write that, I didn't go back and proof read..:hubba:

he was being sarcastic. he's saying that's what i believe.

Flyinghigh said:
Marijuana should be left as Medical Marijuana.!!!

i disagree with that as well. i believe that i should be able to do whatever i want as long as it does not infringe on someone else's rights. first off, i dont think there is anything wrong with using marijuana recreationally. i acknowledge that there are medical benefits to the drug, but i do not need them at the moment. simply enjoying being high. it's no different then someone enjoying being drunk...except i've never wanted to hurt or kill someone when high.

if i want to smoke crack in the privacy of my own home, i should be able to do that. i'm not out hurting other people. the moment something i do infringes on another citizen's rights then the Government should step in. up until that point, leave me alone.

surreptitious said:
i disagree with that as well. i believe that i should be able to do whatever i want as long as it does not infringe on someone else's rights. first off, i dont think there is anything wrong with using marijuana recreationally. i acknowledge that there are medical benefits to the drug, but i do not need them at the moment. simply enjoying being high. it's no different then someone enjoying being drunk...except i've never wanted to hurt or kill someone when high.

if i want to smoke crack in the privacy of my own home, i should be able to do that. i'm not out hurting other people. the moment something i do infringes on another citizen's rights then the Government should step in. up until that point, leave me alone.

I believe in privacy in the home too and to do what ever I want too do!

But does that mean smoking crack will KEEP You at Home all night, But instead one would be running around outside late at night isn't fringing on some elses right with mowing or racking making Noise.? Lets leave the Crack out of this.. !! That has a BAD RAP ANYWAY as many other drugs.!

Legallizing the marijuana for all to use would be Good for Recreational use, But then the medical part will just be thrown out the window and we all would have to get some type of permit to grow and have the Government would tax yea, and make new laws behind it. Naa
Work force would change and those bussines would still want a DRUG FREE Place and might cause problems.

You work.?? Go ask your boss, that when Nov 1 comes around and they pass Marijuana as recreational use and Yea started to smoke it around then instead of drinking, and you fire up a few joints the night before work and fired up a bowl the next morning and he ask yea for a test the next morning and your piss come back dirty, he Can and Will Let yea go if he wants and that his company Yelling DRUG FREE PLACE.. Keeping it medical would protect you at work..

So the Real Question is for You and ALL?? Marijuana Recreational Use.
You don't drink ALCOHOL before going to work right.? I Never Have.!
Are You Going to follow the law and NOT smoke before work and TREAT Marijuana Like Alcohol..?

I don't smoke at work....that drug free work place is a crock! If I smoke on the weekend and they make me pee, I'll show dirty for 30 days. But someone can do lines of coke and be clean in a couple days...urine tests are only to descriminate agains pot smokers, all other substances are out of your system in a few days.......alcohol in hours. I don't smoke at work, but with the way they do things they can fire me for smoking on my own time ...yet guys get away with comeing in 1/2 drunk from the night before....drug testing in the work place is biased and wrong.

legalize_freedom said:
I don't smoke at work....that drug free work place is a crock! If I smoke on the weekend and they make me pee, I'll show dirty for 30 days. But someone can do lines of coke and be clean in a couple days...urine tests are only to descriminate agains pot smokers, all other substances are out of your system in a few days.......alcohol in hours. I don't smoke at work, but with the way they do things they can fire me for smoking on my own time ...yet guys get away with comeing in 1/2 drunk from the night before....drug testing in the work place is biased and wrong.

I understand what your saying L.F., and your so Right on the harder drugs and alcohol getting out of your system ALOT Sooner then Marijuana..
Keeping MJ for medical use would protect you, I would think, because we voted it in for Medical use only, and not for recreational..
So if your Doctor gave you pain pills that would be ok with your job.? If so then that why we need to keep MJ as Medical Marijuana..Protection!!
If it was Recreational then I would think they need to Throw out the Test for Marijuana just to keep a job..

I much rather be protected by a Doctor, then by any Government Control of Marijuana for Recreational use..!

Flyinghigh said:
I believe in privacy in the home too and to do what ever I want too do!

But does that mean smoking crack will KEEP You at Home all night, But instead one would be running around outside late at night isn't fringing on some elses right with mowing or racking making Noise.? Lets leave the Crack out of this.. !! That has a BAD RAP ANYWAY as many other drugs.!

Legallizing the marijuana for all to use would be Good for Recreational use, But then the medical part will just be thrown out the window and we all would have to get some type of permit to grow and have the Government would tax yea, and make new laws behind it. Naa
Work force would change and those bussines would still want a DRUG FREE Place and might cause problems.

You work.?? Go ask your boss, that when Nov 1 comes around and they pass Marijuana as recreational use and Yea started to smoke it around then instead of drinking, and you fire up a few joints the night before work and fired up a bowl the next morning and he ask yea for a test the next morning and your piss come back dirty, he Can and Will Let yea go if he wants and that his company Yelling DRUG FREE PLACE.. Keeping it medical would protect you at work..

Are You Going to follow the law and NOT smoke before work and TREAT Marijuana Like Alcohol..?

if crack makes you leave your house infringing on peoples rights, then yes, the Government should do something about it, but if I smoke crack and mind my own business then so be it.

i do not smoke while i work. i would not be productive if i did. and yes, i treat marijuana like alcohol right now. i see what your point is though. if it is only treated as a medication, then if you did it at work, you could prove to your employer that it's because it's prescribed...like any other prescribed medication.

i believe that the place were you work has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do. if you don't like it, then don't work there. as far as the piss tests go it is an infringement on my rights. when they tell me to piss in a cup they are assuming that i'm doing drugs until i prove them otherwise....but even still, if you dont like it, then dont work there...but good luck getting a decent job these days without pissing in a cup.

Flyinghigh said:
Keeping it medical would protect you at work..

MMJ is NOT protected as far as the workplace goes. If a Company has a "no Drug" policy, then it does not matter that you have a MMJ rec. Period. This has been fought in Cali Court a couple of times and was lost both times. I know one case was a worker for AT&T.
Simply...it is still a controled substance federally, so "insurance" wise, that is how they justify not allowing MMJ to be an exception.

The folks that smoke before work now......wil continue to do so. I am sure we all know a few friends that smoke out before work.

i believe that the place were you work has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do.
...:shocked:.. even when you aren't "on the clock"???.. that's ridiculous!
"under the influence" and "on the job".. yes. But random, on the job UA's do not reflect honestly if you are under the influence, only if you have been under the influence within the last 30 days or more.

Latest posts

Back