Green Crack and Dalton Doob clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I have had these 2 clones kinda in a state of stasis for a couple(maybe a few) of months. They were just hanging out under a couple of CFL bulbs in a cool room in the basement. Trying once again to get one plant to catch up to the other. The Green Crack was easy to clone. The Dalton Doob is difficult to clone. For me anyway. I put the Mothers tent(4ftx4ftx2ft) I have back up and will be doing the whole grow in it. I had very pleasing results using the Mothers tent in the past and tried to up my game with a taller/bigger tent. I have had lousy results since so I am going back to what worked for me. I am LST'ing them now. They are in gallon plastic pots for now. When they get a better root ball going, they will be going into 3 gallon felt pots with Roots Organics Green Lite soil. I have a screen for each which I will be using for a SCROG. Right now they are under a 4 bulb 4 ft T5 fixture with 1 2700k, 1 10000k with UV A and 2 10000k bulbs. I am going to add my KING 1200 LED when I figure out how to fit both in there. Probably have to tilt them lamps at about a 30 deg angle to get them to both fit. I am back to using General Hydroponics Organic nutes along with some Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth Organic for fulvic and humic acids.
IMG_5426[1].JPG
IMG_5427[1].JPG

just figured out that my led light fits in my mothers tent next to my t5. need to figure out a way to rotate the screen to homogenize the light distribution. i am thinking of rotating 90 degrees every day or so. just need to figure out how to attach the screen to the felt pot. unless maybe i can remove the legs and the stems will support the screen...

why are you waiting to transplant into bigger pots? I start out in the size of pots i want to finish with. No shock because no transplanting.

I am a wee bit lazy... ;)

I generally work my way up from pint sized to gallon to 3 gallon. Just the way I have done it for quite some time. Not just with cannabis but all my house plants.

modern art shamed me into transplanting the girls into their 3 gallon felt pots. veg a couple more weeks and get the screens in the tent. get the plants woven into the screen and then i will flip to flower. i also have a seedling that popped from the immaculate conception grow i had last time out. seeds from no males. if the seed takes, we will see if it is a female/feminized seed.
IMG_5442[1].JPG
IMG_5443[1].JPG

10 days into their new digs. did some tying and added a bit more soil. waiting on some new clip on fans to come so i can deep 6 the stick fan i have in the tent and then i can put the screens in. the dalton doob is maybe catching up a little to the green crack in size. my last grow the dalton doob stretch and filled out more quickly than the green crack so maybe they will be more balanced by harvest...

one of my cats sneaked in the tent and sucked on the leaves. not sure which one it is but it is most likely goo the toothless cat since it is mainly saliva slime...

IMG_5460[1].JPG
IMG_5462[1].JPG

Got some EM1 today. Made a small batch of activated EM and gave my girls a dose. Need to get the screens in the tent this week to start training them. A couple of weeks before I flip them.

i can't recall what i did when i did the scrog thing last time i scrog'd. i thought i remembered letting the screen fill in completely then flipped to 12/12. did some reading and there are opinions galore. so i am just going to see how flipping without a full screen goes for me. i know these plants stretched a fair amount in flower last grow so i am hoping i get the same fun this grow and plan on training to the screen as i go. i don't have the energy to clone the plants so this will probably be my last grow of the green crack and the dalton doob is a one off and though i have some more seeds, i am unsure of phenotypes. i want a more indica heavy plant anyway so it is a good time to start anew. anyway, i set up the screens yesterday and gave them a nice em1 watering with a little fulvic acid. not sure if i have screwed up but i did a foliar feed as well with the lights off. hope i didn't kill them by foliar feeding but it would not surprise me as i am really good at making poor decisions and my memory is shot so i can't remember all the good advice i have received...

dalton doob on the left(1st pic), green crack on the right(2nd pic)
IMG_5480.JPG
IMG_5482.JPG

They do look good! I dont foliage feed but I was under the impression that you want to feed when the lights are off to avoid burning under the intense lights. Im sure they'll enjoy it more than hate it.

Thanks Dog. I did wait until the lights went off. I had read the same thing about it burning the leaves but like everything on the internet, I also read that is a myth. I figure why chance it though so I’d only spray after the lights are off. I am also afraid of mold so if the humidity was high, I would have thought twice. However, it is cold and really dry here so spray I did.

btw-the dalton doob is a cross a friend made from a gorilla glue#4x chem dawg special reserve plant crossed with something called hickstick from a guy in maine that is an afghani landrace smuggled back from Afghanistan by a veteran in a very uncomfortable way...

note to self-need to let this plant flower longer than I have in 2 grows to get some of the indica traits. very little amber on those grows...

Trying to spread the plants out as they stretch. The screens are filling in as I train the branches that are growing taller than I want the canopy to be.

Latest posts

Back