Grow Journal: Chimera's Mental Floss in Water Farm 8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good bro... Yeah i think i am going to go with slabs on my next grow iv already started to buy the stuff.. I am thinking 4 3' slabs with 4 clones per slab. And place into flower as soon as the clone is rooted...

oh man Puff those are looking super good!

I just started adding micro bloom and it has really made them green!

isnt growing fun?!?! I love it!:farm:

these next couple of weeks will be so exciting for U and all of us watching!

:bump:

mental floss is such an awesome looking plant, good job :afroweed:

Thank you everyone for the kind words, but that bug is back and it is doing weird things!!!Apparently I didn't catch it! Check this out and see if someone cannot identify it:

Pictures 1, 2, and 3 show what I am about to explain right here. The bug is grey with red eyes and has 6 legs (near impossible to tell from pics, see pg2 for a little better shot of bug). I caught him and he is currently in a zip lock bag. He sits on the sun leaves, and (this is the weird part) shoots small droplets of water out of his rear end. This causes puddles (about the size of a quarter) to build up on whatever the droplets land on (usually a sun leaf, it's very strange to me). Look in pic 1 and 2 where you'll see a small whitish grey spot (the bug) and then on the next sun leaf down, a small puddle of water. Picture 3 (zoomed out) shows the same but shows that he is up high and launching the small small water droplets down to the next leaf. Very, very strange (atleast to me) anyone have any idea of what he is and why he's doing it...there's only one bug I looked for about 30 minutes.

Pic 4 is a shot of top cola of my tallest plant that stretched into the lights after I added the enhancers and everything...mmmaaaddd....

Enjoy the rest of the pics, they look pretty good. Thanks everyone, and stay safe!

May 21 1.JPG

May 21 2.JPG

May 21 3.JPG

May 21 4.JPG

May 21 5.JPG

May 21 6.JPG

May 21 7.JPG

May 21 8.JPG

May 21 9.JPG

I have seen that bug before in my out door gardens, it eats leaves.

I'm sorry I can't give you a name.:confused2:

do you use any kind of fruit and veg. insect spray? something thats safe to use on veggie gardens that kills insects.

I would try that if your worried about that little bugger multiplying and eating up all your fan leaves.

by the by - nice planets

Okay, well I'm glad someone has seen that kind before. I'll go buy some spray just in case I see anymore of his kind. Thanks for you help ILBB!!

When you first threw the seedlings into the water farms did you just throw the 1" rockwol into hydroton or did you place them in a bigger cube first? Its important to use a bigger cube so they don't dry up as fast and it delivers the nutrients better than hydroton..

Looking good man!! Never had any bug problems, thank god, so I have no idea what your acid pissing bug is. I just cut 20 mental clones about three days ago and i hope they turn out as good as your pretty ladies.

Timmy: I like your diction. I placed the seedlings (in 1" cubes) in the water farms, I was very satisfied with that method. I had no problems with drying and I watered every other day for a week and a half or so I think.

MH: Haha, acid pissing. Wow, 20 clones is going to give you a lot of bud. Mental Floss produces, well, prodigious yields. I've seen bigger, but I'm very happy with the size of the plants/buds for the amount of time they've had and the lighting I have them under. Are you going to do a journal? I'd like to see if you get the purple pheno I've heard of!

Been a while, figured I'd throw something up. Trichs are stil cloudy/clear, I'm waiting paitently....stay safe, any questions shoot.

June 5 2.JPG

June 5 3.JPG

June 5 4.JPG

June 5 5.JPG

June 5 6.JPG

June 5 7.JPG

June 5 1.JPG

Looking nice bro, so do you flower under florescence's?

This is my first time to flower under the flo's. Right after I started flowering this Mental Floss, my friend asked to borrow one of my 600W HPSs. So I figured I'd perform a little experiment and see what the flo's could pull. I bought 400W worth of t5 fluorescent bloom bulbs and threw that Sun Blaze t5 up. Conclusion: The buds aren't bad, but not as dense as the ones under my other 600 HPSs.

well? what happened?
did you harvest?

:holysheep: dont leave me hangin!

Woah, didn't mean to leave you folks hanging there. Problem is, I took the harvest shots, then the dried shots...everything fine and dandy right? No, next day ole girl comes over trying to borrow my camera. YIKES! So I trashed those pics asap...I'm not even gonna lie man I felt like I was burning books!

For what it's worth: final weight was 4 oz., hardly anything spectacular but I learned one lesson: I'll take an HPS over a T5 anyday. The Mental Floss was a good smoke. Out of the five, I got two phenos: One was pretty couchlocky like. The other was more along the lines of an up high, but I couldn't get anything done on it! So basically what it amounted to was me walking around all day thinking about weird stuff and not actually doing anything productive. Maybe like a kid with ADHD. Anyways, hope you guys ain't too mad I left you hangin this long...I'm such a hypocrite...I used to get so mad when folks didn't finish their threads. Thread closed, I wash my hands of this issue.

Latest posts

Back