Grow room temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowlyburn

Reaction score
What is a max temp and min temp for a grow room? With my new lighting I am steady at 82f... When my lights are off I am at 76f.

What are your temps on and off???

Probably the best overall temps scenario would be 78*f at max daytime temp and 68*f minimum night temp. But that is best case scenario. Different people have had different high temp ceilings but I have read that MJ pretty much stops growing at or above 86*f and 56*f or below. I suspect that there are a few exceptions to those numbers. I try to not let my rooms get above 82*f daytime and try to get it down below 75*f night time.

With the heat wave that we have been having, I have actually had warmer "nighttime" temps than "daytime". I can't swear to it but I think it is adversely affecting the sativas having warmer night than days. I have had a real struggle trying to keep fresh air coming in when the lights are on and keeping it cool.

We have had temps around 105 for 10 days Now it has cooled a bit but 400w room got up to 112 one day and my plant is showin signs of stress.

Its been hot as hell here lately . . . max temp in my basement space w/ lights on is hitting 82 F, but I'm right down near the bare floor and it moderates around 78

. . . think you are in the zone

jm2c :48:

My plants are growing in a 92F environment in these days, but they are still fighting to bring me their nice buds;)

Hey red eye one my last grow I had some serious issues with heat, and my yield was very hurt. :( dnag fluffy airy junky lookin buds. You might want to see what it takes to get those temps in check buddy.

I just checked again this morning and the room is at 86 now... I need to figure out how to cool it down more...

I've heard you can water your plant with cooler water if your room temps are higher. I'm not sure if that only pertains to hydro or if it can apply to soil too.

You need to bring in cooler air to cool your space more--there is no other real option. If you are flowering, run your lights at night. If you are in veg, you may need to run your lights 18/6, turning them off for the hottest part of the day.

The temps have been brutal over much of the US this week. We are having our 6th day in a row of temps over 100 where I live. I run my lights at night and pull cool air from the crawl space (it stays cooler than my home) to cool my lights and I can keep temps in line--max about 82--that way. When it gets this hot, I start having RH problems...when the temps hit 100, my RH is about 14-17%

Slowlyburn said:
I just checked again this morning and the room is at 86 now... I need to figure out how to cool it down more...

Using insulated duct work will help plenty:aok:

Along with running your lights at night, intake air from basement/crawl space, using an air-conditioner will all help.

But if you do not have the proper air exchange nothing will work.

Because I run hydro, I have found that running a chiller helps a lot. I bought this chiller from Plantlightinghydroponics and set up my rez cooler with it, everything involved was under $300. The first pic has the chiller and water resevoir with the pump sitting on a bench beside the tent. The hoses go from the rez through the chiller then into the tent where it goes into the plant water rez and through a copper coil then back out of the tent and back to the chiller rez. The chiller water is separate from the plant water so that it doesn't get contaminated or clog up the chiller with nutes. :)

The added bonus of having it is the inline hose is pretty cold and the fan blows on it, plus the chilled water going into the plants' pots constantly has actually cooled the tent space a bit. :)

water chiller7-8.JPG

water chiller7-10.JPG

I use an ac all year round..like THG I also run my lights at night.. If you can afford it try an air conditioner.. Best of luck

Aloha
:ciao: SquidyP

reminds me of a jokey box for chilling keg beer----cover that coil with ice and u could be pouring yourself a nice cold beer :D

It maintains the nute resevoir at 70*f. I was pleasantly surprised that it would do so good being just a copper coil sitting in the solution, but I also hav a submersible pump in the rez that just churns the water around so that my nutes stay disolved good, so I think that is keeping the water stirred around the coil which helps it transfer heat better.

You know, now that I think about it, if you don't have a good way to get ac to the grow-space or to put an ac at the grow-space, you could actually use this setup and buy a small engine radiator (or go to the trash dump and get a condenser coil out of a trashed window unit ac) and just run the cold water through that in front of a fan (or behind the fan) and get significant cooling for around $300.

I may have solved the problem... I forgot that I only drilled about 25 half inch holes for my intake on the side of the closet so not much light would shine out through the vent cover I am using. I cut the vent wide open to about a 10"X6" opening. I am holding steady at 81-82f now. Only problem is now it is quite obvious that there is a very bright light in the room or a spaceship landed in my closet... lol

Latest posts

Back