hang fan by chain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shahomy

Reaction score
Does anyone hang there fan(6 or 8 inch)by chains or rope? from. say floor joyces in basement ceiling? The idea is to cut down on the noise /vibration that it creates upstairs...

What yual usin now ifin it aint chain or rope and dont say duck tape?

BWD

right now its attached via metal bracket, couple 2x4`s, to floor joice(basement cieling)....

shahomy said:
right now its attached via metal bracket, couple 2x4`s, to floor joice(basement cieling)....

Yup yual can swap that solid fixtures fur something with more give like yur rope idea like I do ;) Or like pilgrem bove yual use bungie cord just make it safe no matters what ya do pilgrem good luck yur trail

BWD

thanks for the reply`s guys
so your using rope BackWoodsDrifter? and is it to reduce noise? and most importantly does it reduce the noise significantly? my partner/son-in-law wants to use chains...

shahomy said:
thanks for the reply`s guys
so your using rope BackWoodsDrifter? and is it to reduce noise? and most importantly does it reduce the noise significantly? my partner/son-in-law wants to use chains...

I be usein nylon military repel ropes pilgrem, be rope I help perfect military be rope still hang me cliff edge when needed.

BWD

Im no biggy just risked life with it when it first introduced is all

BWD

I use bungee cord myself...I believe there is a DIY on building a "muffle box" to lower noise.

JMO but nothing is as reliable or adjustable as a good old chain.

With that said i would mount a fan not hang it by anything, again JMO

I have my fan hanging with to straps and velcrow works pretty good

for the record...got rid of the metal brackets for mounting the fan to the floor joyces, and hung the fan with some eyebolts and rope. 100% difference!!!! so much quieter upstairs(room above fan)

I was gonna say drill holes through the floor joists and run rope, its the metal to metal causing vibrations and noise, but glad to see you figured it out!

Latest posts

Back