Has anyone ever had their grow busted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a card carrying member of California's 215 legislation, it's not so much leo I'm worried about. Getting ripped by some unscrupulous urchin tweaker living down the street is. Somehow I doubt those guys are doing that much homework. I think there is a place here for such a thread in the future. Perhaps when more states comply to their populations wishes and leo has waning interest in small timers it will be appropriate. This could be very helpful info. Someday.

15+ years ago, pre-med exemption, I was busted with an OD grow. A ranchers cattle escaped his fences and roamed into the area. While he was gathering them, he saw the 6 plants and reported them. When I discovered cattle had been in the area, and knew someone either would be, or had already come looking for them. I had a bad "gut feeling", and I made a decision to pull them immediately.
They already had the plot staked out. I managed to get them pulled and stashed under a big cedar before being.."apprehended" :p. But to little avail. I was convicted of a class 3 felony cultivation and possession of more than 2 oz. Two years supervised probation, $5k in fines 'n penalties, 100 hrs community service, 30 days county.
Looking back, I don't see a lot that I could have done to avoid it. Sort of a freak accident, that they were discoverd at all. It was late fall, most all of the 'greenery' had faded into fall colors. The plants were about all the GREEN that was left out there or I doubt they would have been seen.

Why didnt u just leave them there.jw

95% of the time,,, It all boils down to"""LOOSE LIPS,, SINKS SHIPS""
Dont trust NOBODY!!!!! EVER.;) OH,,,and dont steal Electricity. Been seeing alot of PPL goen down for that lately.

AND what ever you do,,,dont smoke weed with Snitchen *** Phelps.

yea,i dont know about exposing our secrets on a thread.i mean..yes,it would be very useful for other members that arent leos and just growing for the enjoyment of smoking buds they grew themselves but sadly we cant be sure this place is leo free..with that said,if you wanna know tips about security,use the pm option..theres many members in here that dont mind using the pm option to help out other members

I.m.o. This is not a good idea

well this seems like a great place to post my story hopefully might help someone helped me to b smarter well i got arrested when i was 18 for terrorist threats cuz my x's brother called the cops and said i had treatened to kill her and harm her which i hadnt i was jus over there to let him me and his sister were together he deiced tob a punk and do wat he did i got mad said some cuss words and left i was der with my mom and my brother so kinda proves i didnt mean harm but 2 weeks later cops knocked on my door and said they had a warrenty for my arrest for threats went to jail for like 12 hrs bail out for 1250 and couldnt get a lawyer so got stuck with 3 yrs probation informal which means no real po no drug test jus loss of freedoms and a yr of domestic violence even tho if i had a lawyer i could have proven that i wasnt there to cause harm cause i read the police report which said dat her cuzin who was also der said she never herd me say anything about harming her jus cussin so everything was goin ok stoped talken to her after dat was doin wat the court said and i forget to go to court for a court date 8 daze pass i remeber n go put my self back on calender so im comin home from the cannbis club i get dropped off at home next thing i know cops at the door again saying i have warrent they still handcuff ma and i show em the paper that says im back on calender they deiced to do a probation search cuz i was dumb and with out a kid at the time and would smoke in my rrom and i had jus recently had a big outdoor harvest so in short my room was a give away to do a search i had bongs leaves shake errywhere so i leave the room they search it come back and say they found a 38 snub nose i go back to jail agian do 30 daze spend 6500 on 65000 dollar bail and get a 5000 dollar lawyer i was a lil smarter this time got off with a 100 daze house and alot of headache cuz now i was on felony probation gettin drug tested had a po dey said i couldnt smoke until i got court order from a judge so kept tryin but the judge kept denying so i jus gave up and kept failing and lying on test but a good thing was my po was coo so i start to hustla a lil jus to med patients in need cuz i was tired of seeing others charging poor sick ppl 240 for a half oz or 400 for a full one i was selling (pretty much nonprofit) Only patients with cards jus so i could have a lil smoke with without having to take monee out my sons mouth my next door neighbor the least likely one in mind calls the cops and says shes seen shaking ppls hands in cars but only twice and she couldnt remember the cars jus a red datsun(i sont know anyone with a truck like dat)soo cuz of her i have undercover start following and i have a half oz for personal use i try to get away drive faster and he has a real cop pullme i stop let dem search show my cannabis card get to leave with my weed and car get home cops are at the other neighbors house who i thought had snitchd i hide all my stuff and am bout to leave when the cop that pulled pulls up n says my po said to detain me bcuz i dont have a court order for the weed he puts the cuffs back on and all the cops start walkin my house from the neighbors house they find my plants and arrest i did 2 weeks in jail got out on 700 of 7000 dolars bail and got a 3000 dollar lawyer this time there was a new judge but same court room and this 1 was for marijauna 1st day of my arriangnament i was locked up and der was someone in court who got a court from that judge saying he could use medical marijauna on felony probation so dat made me feel like this wasnt that bad of situation my lawyer said i was supposed to get jus another 3 yrs probation but they gave me 120 daze house arrest but bcuz n drug coulncling i got kickd out my drug counciling for saying watever when the councler said i was still smoking which i hadnt been cuz my po was treating to lock me up so i wrote a leter to the judge he told my po if my card and recommendation where offical den he has to lay off for weed so he did n i dont have to drug councling now and i can smoke n grow to supply my own medicne soo this is my messed up run ins with the law hope it helps and dont give up the fight no matter how hard it gets cuz i look at my 2 yr fight every since the gun charge worth it i have made a dent some where i fell even tho i shud never have made the first 2 mistakes but u live n u learn dats life better not to dwell on the past jus learn and move on

In all my time, I've only had one close call that was my own stupidity and never a single grow noticed by anyone.

I went into a store one day after filling up at the pump. Both windows open, and I had put an oz in a newspaper and folded it in half between the split bucket seats, wedged into the crack between the seats.

I come out of the store and a cop is filling up his police car on the other side of the same pump. I guess a gust of wind had blown into the car, but the oz was wide open and sitting on TOP of the newspaper in the passenger seat. :holysheep:

I saw it, looked up at the cop and hoped he didn't look down into my car. He couldn't have missed it. I sat down, reached over and folded the paper in half and stuck it in the seat while I started the engine.

A block later, I realized I had gotten away with it and beat myself up for being a dumbazz. In Florida, an oz is jail time in my county.

How's that for long luck? 59 years of growing, with no bust.

goneindawind said:
well this seems like a great place to post my story hopefully might help someone helped me to b smarter well i got arrested when i was 18 for terrorist threats cuz my x's brother called the cops and said i had treatened to kill her and harm her which i hadnt i was jus over there to let him me and his sister were together he deiced tob a punk and do wat he did i got mad said some cuss words and left i was der with my mom and my brother so kinda proves i didnt mean harm but 2 weeks later cops knocked on my door and said they had a warrenty for my arrest for threats went to jail for like 12 hrs bail out for 1250 and couldnt get a lawyer so got stuck with 3 yrs probation informal which means no real po no drug test jus loss of freedoms and a yr of domestic violence even tho if i had a lawyer i could have proven that i wasnt there to cause harm cause i read the police report which said dat her cuzin who was also der said she never herd me say anything about harming her jus cussin so everything was goin ok stoped talken to her after dat was doin wat the court said and i forget to go to court for a court date 8 daze pass i remeber n go put my self back on calender so im comin home from the cannbis club i get dropped off at home next thing i know cops at the door again saying i have warrent they still handcuff ma and i show em the paper that says im back on calender they deiced to do a probation search cuz i was dumb and with out a kid at the time and would smoke in my rrom and i had jus recently had a big outdoor harvest so in short my room was a give away to do a search i had bongs leaves shake errywhere so i leave the room they search it come back and say they found a 38 snub nose i go back to jail agian do 30 daze spend 6500 on 65000 dollar bail and get a 5000 dollar lawyer i was a lil smarter this time got off with a 100 daze house and alot of headache cuz now i was on felony probation gettin drug tested had a po dey said i couldnt smoke until i got court order from a judge so kept tryin but the judge kept denying so i jus gave up and kept failing and lying on test but a good thing was my po was coo so i start to hustla a lil jus to med patients in need cuz i was tired of seeing others charging poor sick ppl 240 for a half oz or 400 for a full one i was selling (pretty much nonprofit) Only patients with cards jus so i could have a lil smoke with without having to take monee out my sons mouth my next door neighbor the least likely one in mind calls the cops and says shes seen shaking ppls hands in cars but only twice and she couldnt remember the cars jus a red datsun(i sont know anyone with a truck like dat)soo cuz of her i have undercover start following and i have a half oz for personal use i try to get away drive faster and he has a real cop pullme i stop let dem search show my cannabis card get to leave with my weed and car get home cops are at the other neighbors house who i thought had snitchd i hide all my stuff and am bout to leave when the cop that pulled pulls up n says my po said to detain me bcuz i dont have a court order for the weed he puts the cuffs back on and all the cops start walkin my house from the neighbors house they find my plants and arrest i did 2 weeks in jail got out on 700 of 7000 dolars bail and got a 3000 dollar lawyer this time there was a new judge but same court room and this 1 was for marijauna 1st day of my arriangnament i was locked up and der was someone in court who got a court from that judge saying he could use medical marijauna on felony probation so dat made me feel like this wasnt that bad of situation my lawyer said i was supposed to get jus another 3 yrs probation but they gave me 120 daze house arrest but bcuz n drug coulncling i got kickd out my drug counciling for saying watever when the councler said i was still smoking which i hadnt been cuz my po was treating to lock me up so i wrote a leter to the judge he told my po if my card and recommendation where offical den he has to lay off for weed so he did n i dont have to drug councling now and i can smoke n grow to supply my own medicne soo this is my messed up run ins with the law hope it helps and dont give up the fight no matter how hard it gets cuz i look at my 2 yr fight every since the gun charge worth it i have made a dent some where i fell even tho i shud never have made the first 2 mistakes but u live n u learn dats life better not to dwell on the past jus learn and move on

Dr Phil is the next Forum over.:D Dang Bro,,ya just killed my Buzz.:eek:

POTUS said:
In all my time, I've only had one close call that was my own stupidity and never a single grow noticed by anyone.

I went into a store one day after filling up at the pump. Both windows open, and I had put an oz in a newspaper and folded it in half between the split bucket seats, wedged into the crack between the seats.

I come out of the store and a cop is filling up his police car on the other side of the same pump. I guess a gust of wind had blown into the car, but the oz was wide open and sitting on TOP of the newspaper in the passenger seat. :holysheep:

I saw it, looked up at the cop and hoped he didn't look down into my car. He couldn't have missed it. I sat down, reached over and folded the paper in half and stuck it in the seat while I started the engine.

A block later, I realized I had gotten away with it and beat myself up for being a dumbazz. In Florida, an oz is jail time in my county.

How's that for long luck? 59 years of growing, with no bust.

Wow that would have really sucked POTUS. I guess it's a good thing though that the wind wasn't blowing toward the cop.

Not a grow story but just a story bout almost getn cought with bud

one time the cops were calld on me and friends for being, well, drunk and stuff lol.. we were parked in a dead end road that my friend lived on.. they showed up and gave us a hard time for awhile then decided they would look around my car.. i had a pipe on the dash and a lil plastic gun rite beside it.. the rookie cop was checkn it out and came out of the car with the plastic gun but not tha pipe.. the cop with tha stripes gave me a hard time about tha gun and the timeless, "on the streets, this will get you killd", speach.. then they sat us all down on the curb.. the higher ranking cop told the rook to pat us down one at a time, me being second in line.. i realized he was going to find the prescription pill bottle that i was using to hold my chronic at tha time.. now, i looked around and there was nothing even close to the curb i could try to stash it under or anything and i just knew i was busted.. the sun was going down so the cops had there flashlights out and on us at this time... i decided to try and toss it when he made me stand up.... so... i slipd my hand in my pocket.. palmd the bottle.. and when he told me ta stand up i flipd it behind me... NOT VERY SMOOTH... he told me to turn around and i could see tha bottle about 2 feet in front of me laying rite out in the open... the cop started to pat me down and held his flashlight rite on the bottle the whole time.. then he stopd and said "you can sit down"... after that they gave us a hard time a lil bit more and then took off.. soon as they were gone i grabd the weed, grabd tha bowl and burnd a big one... guess i was just lucky that tha rookie cop realized we were just a buncha kids smoken some pot and it didnt really matter..

I wish thats how cops saw things in my neck of the woods. If that would have happened to us growing up, we would have been on our way to the station in the patty wagon.

crazy potus.
around here ive been caught with weed tons of times never gotten in trouble. they usually just take it away. but i could get my house kicked in a robbed. or snitched on easily. its sketchy im thinking about it alot more now. my buddy had his house broken into and robbed for his plants. ive been chased with machetes, robbed for one pack of smokes, robbed with a knife to my throat for a quarter, for a half, list goes on. thats my concern more really than cops.
so i gotta watch out

thedonofchronic said:
crazy potus.
around here ive been caught with weed tons of times never gotten in trouble. they usually just take it away. but i could get my house kicked in a robbed. or snitched on easily. its sketchy im thinking about it alot more now. my buddy had his house broken into and robbed for his plants. ive been chased with machetes, robbed for one pack of smokes, robbed with a knife to my throat for a quarter, for a half, list goes on. thats my concern more really than cops.
so i gotta watch out
Damn, man, it sounds like you need to move to my neighborhood. Yours sounds wild as hell!

lol my neighbourhoods great. just the hoods that are really close to it that are a problem.
and my friends house who got robbed for the plants was out in the country so.

thedonofchronic said:
lol my neighbourhoods great. just the hoods that are really close to it that are a problem.
and my friends house who got robbed for the plants was out in the country so.
No one in their right mind would come out into my swamp to steal from me. hehe, just the thought of it....

I don't understand why some cats are saying "don't expose our secrets on this site, the LEO's will find out" that is rediculous!! what secrets?? they already know everything, it's just if you're good and smart you don't get caught, PERIOD. Also, the thread was started as somewhere not to give up secrets to pigs, but to share busted stories, in the hope that one day a kid could read this and see what someone else did wrong to get popped!!

When I was first starting to consider growing i let a friend in on the idea. Now that things are about to become serious I'm kinda regretting it. I trust him....but isnt that how it always goes. It's just a liabilty I dont need weighing me down. I dont know whether to just slip him a couple g's here and there to make him happy or just act like I abandoned the plan.

Latest posts

Back