Have a Question? Post it here and i will answer it. On from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri Cen time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so Im a newbie, learned alot, and love this site. I know im gonna get some flack for this but oh well, its important....

This thread is totally defeating the purpose of this forum. There are several sections on how to do different things. This thread is making it harder for newbies like me to find the answers they need. If I do a search on a particular lighting question, or temperature, or anything I get this thread....

You Mods might want to dump te Indoor section, the Hydro section, the lighting section.... the whole nine yards. Just use this one incredibly long thread to ask and answer questions on.

I know it may not sound like alot but every time I have a question I do not want to sift through this incredibly long thread to find my answers....Does anyone else feel this way?????

All the older growers keep telling us to read and there is alot of good information here.... the only problem is now it looks like all the good information is in this one thread....

Why is this forumn slipping in quality? This is not a stab at Timmy in any way, hes a great guy with a world full of knowledge, but its all in one thread.....see my point?

Okay I have said my peace....

Yes, this thread makes no sense to me. If somebody wants to answer questions, why not just respond to every individual thread that pops up. It serves the same purpose, and makes the answers easy to find, as opposed to being stuck in a thread like this, that I've visited maybe once.

Question... I heard once that in order to get female plants, when you start the flowering stage that the lights shouldn't be on for more than 11.5 hours. But, I've been reading alot here where people just do 12/12 for the lighting... does this make any difference? And, is there really a way to make certain you get female plants? Thanks....:cool:

New_2_Chronic said:
Okay so Im a newbie, learned alot, and love this site. I know im gonna get some flack for this but oh well, its important....

This thread is totally defeating the purpose of this forum. There are several sections on how to do different things. This thread is making it harder for newbies like me to find the answers they need. If I do a search on a particular lighting question, or temperature, or anything I get this thread....

You Mods might want to dump te Indoor section, the Hydro section, the lighting section.... the whole nine yards. Just use this one incredibly long thread to ask and answer questions on.

I know it may not sound like alot but every time I have a question I do not want to sift through this incredibly long thread to find my answers....Does anyone else feel this way?????

All the older growers keep telling us to read and there is alot of good information here.... the only problem is now it looks like all the good information is in this one thread....

Why is this forumn slipping in quality? This is not a stab at Timmy in any way, hes a great guy with a world full of knowledge, but its all in one thread.....see my point?

Okay I have said my peace....

I also think the same thing and Hick mentioned the same thing near the start of this thread. I also don't think that anyone has all the answers. I would think that the questions could be answered just as easily when posted in the correct forums.

Yup ALB, so you have experinced the same as me... I hope the MODS are looking at this and will step up the quality of this site. Either that or when a newbie has a question do not tell them to go do a search and read cause they will have to sift through this incredibly long post to find thier answers, Dont know how many times i have heard someone say "Lots of good info here, go do a search and read and then come back and ask your question"......

I thought that was the reason for creating all these different sections,,, you know, split up the topics, post to different sections,,,, keep everything organized...Guess I was wrong...

We kinda' allowed this "unconventional" thread to go along as it has, as a courtesy, more or less, to timmy. He's been laid-up, shutdown, stressed out, and needed this to help keep his mind occupied away from less desirable subjects.
He hasn't been heard from in over a week, since going in for surgery.
I think the thread has served it's purpose, and agree 'wholeheartedly' that it is not benefitting the forum as a whole.
Close 'er up. When timmy returns, we'll do something different.
THANKS .. for everyones input and patience.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back