heaven and hell!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedabix

Reaction score
hav a cool riddel,but not the ans!as i seem 2 hav forgotten it:rolleyes: there are two doors,one is to heaven and the other hell!two guards one at each door,one guard can only tell fact and the other lies!you can only ask one question to one guard to find out which door is which,wot is this question that you ask?there is no trick to this,just a straight question you can ask and the guards reply will tell you which is which:hubba: love, respect,and peace 2 all 4 09

I've heard this one before... Tomorrow, when my head is clearer, I will dredge up the answer. :ccc:

As I recall, they both give the same answer to every question.

EDIT: In a brief moment of clarity and recollection, you didn't specify enough information.

The liar's belief system is relevant here. For example, "does 2 + 2 = 4"?

Truth teller: yes

Liar that truly believes 2 + 2 does not equal 4 = truthful answer "no", lie is "yes"
Liar that knows the truth that 2 + 2 =4 = truthful answer "yes", lie is "no"

My head hurts now, I had a couple of logic classes 25 years ago
:D

not sure!think its black and white-1 will only tell truth and the other lies!

Yes, I see, but you need a different question depending on whether the liar and the truth teller agree on the "truth" :D

I will try to remember both questions tomorrow and you will see why

yes they agree and they both know which door is which!i love the dude in ur pic!want 2 look like him in a strange mature way!seems like he is"in tha know"kinda!

Ok, let's give this a try.

Case 1

Liar and Truth Teller do not agree on the "truth" (Liar truly believes 2 + 2 is not 4):

The determining question: are you telling the truth?

Truth teller - yes
Liar - truth to the liar is yes, lie = no

Case 2

Liar and truth teller both agree 2 + 2 = 4:

The determining question: If I ask your father whether you always tell the truth, what will he say?

Truth teller: no (he doesn't always tell the truth)
Liar: truth to liar is also no, lie is yes

Now I really have a headache. Did you run out of mj or something? :D

ArtVandolay said:
Ok, let's give this a try.

Case 1

Liar and Truth Teller do not agree on the "truth" (Liar truly believes 2 + 2 is not 4):

The determining question: are you telling the truth?

Truth teller - yes
Liar - truth to the liar is yes, lie = no

Case 2

Liar and truth teller both agree 2 + 2 = 4:

The determining question: If I ask your father whether you always tell the truth, what will he say?

Truth teller: no (he doesn't always tell the truth)
Liar: truth to liar is also no, lie is yes

Now I really have a headache. Did you run out of mj or something? :D
my head s gone too!no just scored after a two week"straight patch"in another country!must hav lost the answer in that 2 weeks:hubba:

You ask ither one if the other would say that his door leads to heaven.
If he sais yes than the other door would be the one to heaven cause if he is the one who lies then he would be lying but if he is the truth teller then the other person would be lying.

It was in the Labyrinth with David Bowie

night501 said:
You ask ither one if the other would say that his door leads to heaven.
If he sais yes than the other door would be the one to heaven cause if he is the one who lies then he would be lying but if he is the truth teller then the other person would be lying.

It was in the Labyrinth with David Bowie
nice one thanks 2 you and all who wondered:)

Latest posts

Back