Hello All...I am new and need help....Check out what i made...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish83

Reaction score
Hello...Okay...I was not sure if I should use 1000 watters, or 600's, and have decided to use 4, 600 watt hps lights over my grow area. I made some illustrations on "paint" and would love some feedback. The total grow area will be 8x8 in an enclosed room with a little more space on the sides for equipment. Please look at my "illustrations", and tell me what you think would be best for me. I would like to grow on the floor, of the enclosed room of course, and not on tables.

2400 Watt Illustration 1.jpg

2400 Watt Illustration 2.jpg

2400 Watt Illustration 3.jpg

2400 Watt Illustration 4.jpg

Two 1K's would BANG in an 8x8 imho... Soil or hydro? It looks like you have too many plants for the area if you want to grow in soil. I 'd prefer to go with longer veg times and 4-6 large plants per light in 7 or 10 gal pots. A layout like your first sketch but using only half the # of pots. Even if you use 5 gal pots/buckets you'll want to separate them a bit unless you do single cola clones. With the right skills, setup and strains you could yield 3-4+ lbs in that space with a couple of 1K's. If you have a good veg space/cloning room you could do more #'s with hydro, it all depends on how much cloning you want to mess with from grow to grow and what growing style works for you.

Good Luck!:cool:

awesome feedback man..i appreciate it...like i said b4, i am new to this...and have my heart set on one of the setuops i made...be honest here...am i headed in the right direction?...or should i look into something totally different than i have been?..the cash is not a problem...i just wanna do this right, and not get into trouble, and have an awesome yield...please give me some info...thank you again...

I think your first setup looks just about spot on bud, a couple of 1ooo`s would be great but your 600`s will be able to get closer to the canapy of your garden. i would use the first setup!!

what are we doing for a vegging? or are we doing one grow...IMO..i would cut room into 2 rooms..4x4 veg and 4x4 flower..and have a continious harvest..well that how i roll anyway..and the first illastation is best..you get to manny plants and they get crowded..and lose light..plus we need to get to them for watering and to many plants makes very hard to do this when in full bloom..Hope this helps..take care and be safe

fish83 said:
...like i said b4, i am new to this...

Hello Fish :)

My advice to you is try your grow out with 1 light and only 3-4 plants, this will give you an insight into the complications that 24 plants will give you.

A lot of new growers think that growing is simply putting a seed in a pot and harvesting dank bud, easy.

You are heading for a monstrous learning curve, a learning curve that is best kept to a small scale at first so you understand what you are letting yourself in for.

:peace:

:yeahthat: what hie said (congrats on the co mvp hippy) sounds like your gonna cut off more than you can chew. i have a 1000 watter in a 4*4 does real good and its crowded w/ 4 plants at 4 foot.

awesome feedback people...thanks...this is my plan....start with one 4x4 space and one light, and then get clones from that and then have the 4 light grow that i want. this is only the flowering room...i will have a seperate vegging and cloning room...i have been looking into this forever, and i want to do it right. i figured is i start with the 1 light, and get my clones from that, i will have a little experience on what its going to be like, and then i can have the 4 lights in play. what do you ppl think?

That sounds like a plan.. good luck with the opp..look forward to seeing how you grow!!

Latest posts

Back