Hello from Tx. COMPLETE noobie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbomun

Reaction score
as title says, im 100% new to this. i have been lurking these forums, reading, reading and reading, just not grasping it yet. i have a 4w x 4d x 5h closet. looking to have a small grow. not even sure how many plants i would need, but hope to have around a 2-3oz a month yield once all said an done. here are a couple images of the closet.

-the hanger bars in the closest, have shelves over them and are approx. 5'5" from the floor. and 4' long each...(cant link pics to photobucket yet)

also this is a system im thinking of using, its small, simple, and not too expensive. any thoughts? GH power grower eco. i had a link to it but not able to post links yet.

ive been looking for a checklist of sorts that has everything needed to start a small grow room like this. list of essential items ie. lighting, lighting raisers/lowering, nutes, pH stuff, tools, mylar, ventilation, and many more im sure ive forgotten. havent come across one. its a little scary as a newbie trying to write down a list of everything i would need, when i dont know much. :) also asking for layout designs, do i split the closet into 2? or can i go from seed to flower in one room.

when it comes to strain i really have no clue which to go with. personal preference would be feminized blueberry but i dont know if thats an easy grow for newbs. or if it grows too large for my space. or northern lights. been reading about Lowryders but still looking for additional info. recommendations?

im not looking to make substantial profits, more for personal use and to take care of my friends smoking needs free. cuz im nice like that. but if i can sell the left over to help pay the elec bill thats fine with me. im a smoker, im tired of crap *** schwag and where i live you cant find good hydro. it all north of me. at times i can find decent **** for 30 a g. plus some of the ppl i have to come in contact with for dro are shaddy cats that id rather avoid.

Sorry for the wall of text and for the possibly stupid questions and for future stupid questions to come. thanks for reading.

sucks livin near the border my sis is in school down there and complains about the crappy herb all the time shes drives "northeast" to come meet up with me once a month

lowryder2 feminized . get a organic potting sooil with 0 Nutes in it or a .decimial nute category of NPK ,
for that big closet of 4foot x 4foot x 5 foot you can do other plants instead of dwarfs .
maybe a possible of 15 lowryder2 in that closet . or 5 northern lights use an HPS light 400 watts or 600watts .
use a cooltube for the HPS duct it to release the HPS heat outof the grow
get a phmeter
you can calibrate PH with a PH up and PH down soloution / in a lowbudget you can calibrate with baking soda or lime for phup and distilled vinegar for PH down .
fertilizer you need to order or get a local one which is good for all plants but with a high P numbers lets say 10-20-10 for flowering stage.
hmm... 2fans /1intake=freshair / 1outtake=carbonfilter/2ductings , 1 for the cooltube /temperature+humidity reader/pot/organicsoil/fertilizer/400or600watts HPS/phmeter
Thanks to MJP , but please read more info in this site because its more precise and when you learn and understand it your knowledge will give you what you need for you strategy instead of my sayings which can conflict in anymatter , but this is a hint of a complete idea.

@highman yep on the border! sucks for herb! its just nasty schwag!!! you do any grow room work southwest of you? ;) lmk!

@crozar thanks for all the info brother! im not to thrilled about soil. the power grower eco is a hex shaped 5gal bucket that uses grow rocks. believe its a drip system. 15" wide at top, 15" tall. says it can handle 1 very large plant or severl small to medium plants.

about strains, i really like the description of blueberry. sweet tasting smelling, euphoric high. this is what i am wanting. i do not want a smelly, strong knock u on your butt stone. are there other strains similar to blueberry in taste, smell and high? im reading that blueberry is a moody plant an hard on newbs like myself.

Keep reading and you will get the hang of the process. Welcome and enjoy your stay!

tbomun said:
@highman yep on the border! sucks for herb! its just nasty schwag!!! you do any grow room work southwest of you? ;) lmk!

@crozar thanks for all the info brother! im not to thrilled about soil. the power grower eco is a hex shaped 5gal bucket that uses grow rocks. believe its a drip system. 15" wide at top, 15" tall. says it can handle 1 very large plant or severl small to medium plants.

about strains, i really like the description of blueberry. sweet tasting smelling, euphoric high. this is what i am wanting. i do not want a smelly, strong knock u on your butt stone. are there other strains similar to blueberry in taste, smell and high? im reading that blueberry is a moody plant an hard on newbs like myself.

I didn't check that 'gow.eco" link, but from your brief description, you should check out our DIY section for more economical means of building it yourself..;)

Further,... "I" would advice to stear clear of the Blueberry until you have aquired some experience and tested your room. It can be a tad difficult.. :)
Lok for something indica dom', with a reputation for ease to culivate..IMO
Nothing will motivate or satisfy you more, than puffing on "your very own" in a couple of months. While nothing can be more disheartening, or disapointing, than excessive problem and failure...
best o luck

Welcome home, son. We've been expecting you. Enjoy your stay at MP.:D

hello. thanks for all the kind words. been reading a bunch. i just had a few questions.

1. ive been trolling the intrawebs and i havent been able to find conclusive answer. when u germ a seed and it pops, u xfer it to rockwool cube. my question is when roots pop thru bottom of cube, and you xfer cube to hydroton rocks do you leave the cube and just put rocks around it? at what point to u remove the cube?

2. can you grow differ strains of autos all together? or should i grow 1 strain at a time? i picked up a few female autos, this is my first grow and i read these are more forgiving to noobs.
-these r the 4 i picked up. no particular order.
1. Easy Ryder (ak47 x LR2)
2. LR2
3. Sagamartha Smurfberry (not sure on the cross)
4. Sagamartha Double Diesel Ryder (dunno) think LR x diesel x diesel

3. how often is pH checked? how often is water checked for solvents, temp, nutes, etc.

Latest posts

Back