HELP finding strain that works OUTDOORS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EDGY said:
Actually, I think they are using the same scales that the cops use when they catch some poor bastard....
I can see it now -- guy in cuffs watching while the cops throw the plants on the scale one at a time - rootball, dirt and all. The cops tellin' the guy they're goin' easy on him cause usually they WATER them before they wiegh them!!!

:rofl:

Wow... Guess it's just so hard to believe, that it must not be true. No worries though, I honestly don't have **** to prove to any of you.

I will say this last little thing, and let it ride out on the tail end for sure... Don't get things silly, because I personally know a few cats that run big Cali Gardens... And yeah, 5-6-7 even 8-9 pounders aren't all that rare.

While we are on this topic, with all the self proclaimed gurus here, it seems that more of you should know about these ak plants... LMAO Autos?? No dude, they aren't autos... They are a solid strain that works great outdoors. "Which is what the Original poster was asking about." They aren't very touchy when it comes to photo period, meaning they can be put out early with a few light strings. They are also incredibly mold resistant, to both Powder Mildew and Botrytis...

Now... Correct me if I am wrong here, but that happens to be a proven recipe for big plants?? Right?? Also, correct me if I am wrong here... But an ak47, will also finish up 3-5 weeks before some of the big haze and skunk plants and other long running sativas out there. Once again, meaning they are cut and curing long before the soggy foggy Cali mornings come back mid to late fall.

Anyways, like I tried to say all those posts back.............

Check out the AK 47's... They are a solid strain, they are fairly potent, and they work great outdoors.:rolleyes:

Hey there. I think you're up by the U.P. der ey? Hope you're not a vikings fan...j/k.

I know alot of guys in the Eau Claire/Minneapolis area who have been successful with Northern Lights. We used to see harvests coming into Madison around early oct, cured and ready to party.

Also, alot of the auto's these days are producing heavier, but since it's a ruderalis based strain you're probably not going to get the "giggles".

Finally, where I live now at 9800ft we have to be out of the ground by Sept 15th or used "tents" on plants that have yet to finish. Depending on how easy your spot is to get to you might look into that too. We just tent em at night using any ol garbage tarp laying around. Keeps the frost off, and some strains turn WILD colors...

that IS a giant plant cali'... but is it '10 pounds' of dried bud? I don't see anyone calling you a liar, or berating you.
"I'm" certainly not, because I realize the possibility. I just somewhat doubt the logistics.
Please don't be offended by that.

I lol'd hard at the sunshine pump...

For sure Hick, I totally respect you and your knowledge man. I am nothing more than a hobby grower, I grow to keep me and the wife smoking and because I enjoy it. Also, I wasn't trying to say I grow those beasts, I am not a commercial grower. I have grown them out into some rather large plants though, My biggest being right at 3.5 pounds in about 120 gallons of soil.

But there are some dudes running around, that absolutely go huge. Like $12k in just soil type huge, with 4-500 gallon soil pots. And yeah, they grow some monsters.

That specific plant, I can see it reaching some decent numbers by the second, third cut. I can't say I have seen a plant reach 10 pounds in one harvest, but by the time the popcorn has filled out... I can totally see that being in the 6-7 range. Which isn't far from my claimed 8-9 range. ;)

Anyways, Now that all that has been washed and rinsed off.... Let's pack a bowl and enjoy our day??

here in the sierra nevada mountains of california the blue dream and chocolope treated me really well last year. Blue dream i would say is probably 1 of the most disease resistant plants around today. chocolope and bd will give u massive harvest with large smart pots and a super soil mixure but due ur homework and kno when 2 harverst. we ended up with some overcooked bud which still did the job:)

026a.jpg

here in maine we sometimes have short summers and wet falls so growing outdoors can be a gamble,not uncommon to lose many pounds to rot.back in the mid 90's we got a couple packs of early pearl and it was very decent smoke that was super tough and very mold resistant but we crossed it with white widow and powerplant and came up with the best outdoor smoke i have seen.and btw the biggest plant i have ever seen was a hawaiin x thai that was grown inside for 3 months then put out in a greenhouse.it was huge maybe 1.5 times the one in the pic but it was all sativa so after trim and cure it was only 3.5 lbs of bud,still the most i've ever seen off one plant and not bad for maine.anyway nathan if you are up for it get some different elite strains and some early pearl and make some seeds you never know what you might come up with.:aok:

A lot of BD around here too, and sadly enough... it almost has a bad rap developing. I ran a clone last year, and it was dank. Good yields, awesome smoke, looked really good?? I don't know where all the negativity is coming from.

Chocolope is going on my primary list this year for sure! Got some gnarly Haze and Thai crosses too, but well see what happens. Another one I am gonna gamble with is a NL/c99 cross I got from a friend up in the 707. Should be interesting from seed.

Anyways, smoke big and be safe!! Cali:fly:

greenhouse seeds says "THE CHURCH" "WILL NOT MOLD" their exact words.

Hmmm, good stuff for sure. I know some cats up north that have played with those genetics, but yield was a problem I heard. Probably good for 1-3 pounders at the very most. It will be interesting to see what kinda hybrids come out of these genetics... I can see Chocolope x Church crosses already, or what about a Blue Church?!?! Gnarly for sure. I don't know though, Blue Dream and Chocolope are both good strains now. :stoned:

A Church x Lambs Bread cross could be EPIC... Or maybe a Church x Soma Wide cross. -Drool-

Time for a smoke break... :bong1: Smoke Big! Cali:fly:

Oh wow... P.S. we can't post live links.
Change the url to hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h2BKfvYsNM

They don't have to be red though, just not active. lol Hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h2BKfvYsNM

There are many other factors, such as rapids, altitude Trioctylamine mentioned the weather played a huge part of it. I'm 43 degrees north, and have more severe than in many places further north the weather...

Latest posts

Back